• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Review Thread | Celebrating 10 years of doody

You must have a really high tolerance for bullshit, I couldn't handle it after 2 months. And you should have a good look at the maps, most of them really are just 3 main routes.

No bullshit, only great maps. And I remember most of the maps like the back of my hand, kinda ingrained by now. Aside from the newer ones they released later on.

Anyway, this keeps going OT.

I should be going to sleep (I should have two hours ago) but instead I'm staying up 10 more minutes to see the reviews of a game I have no intention of ever buying or playing.

What the fuck is wrong with me, Gaf?

Milennia

I should be going to sleep (I should have two hours ago) but instead I'm staying up 10 more minutes to see the reviews of a game I have no intention of ever buying or playing.

What the fuck is wrong with me, Gaf?

This is surprisingly normal.

For me at least.

Gertso

Neo Member
I am not trolling when I say this but looks like Shadow Fall might be the best FPS to get on launch.

I agree. There are some heavyweights coming next year that will probably trounce it but at launch that's the game to have.

Karak

Buy Recommendation from Us
Its not perfect and the story is a mix of cool and WTF.
But the MP has an insane mix of stuff going on and its been amazingly enjoyable.

If you don't like my video reviews here is what I got-

Pros:
Bombastic action
Lots of new MP levels
Lots of MP new game types
Still excellent gunplay in all versions

Cons:
Texture work at times is blusterfuck bad
Story is just all over the place
MP is different than previous COD games by a bit and takes getting used to.

This is more than the sum of its parts for me. I had fun playing through it, fun playing multi and still want to play it now.

I just logged 2 hrs of multiplayer on PC and can confirm the game is weak. If you're on the fence I recommend getting BF4 instead (and that's coming from a MW / MW2 fanatic who doesn't like battlefield).

I have a nice computer but the graphics still look like shit. Seems like the game isn't optimized very well. poor excuse for "next gen". RIP in peace IW

It's 3:02am Eastern. Is the embargo lifted? (Edit: Apparently so, haha.) Polygon's vid is still private.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, IGN. Sigh. It's not like I expect anything different from them.

Fedelias

Where's that IGN EA money gif lol

ive got you covered

1339722613001.gif

IGN must have really hated the large maps because they put it as a negative bullet point twice. lol

I've been seeing that complaint a lot actually. I was watching a livestream earlier where the players were complaining about that too.

Maybe that won't be an issue on next gen? Does every mode have an 18 player variant there?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Call of Duty may have picked up a reputation as one of the laziest, most callously developed cash cows in the business, but I've always believed that reputation was undeserved. Call of Duty: Ghosts, however, with its slapdash campaign and unambitious multiplayer, contains enough factory-standard cynicism to earn itself plenty of scorn. Nothing Ghosts does is especially bad, but nothing Ghosts does is worth paying any attention to. It exists to exist, a stopgap bit of filler spat out as the industry transitions from one generation of consoles to another.

-- Jim Sterling

Does it play closer to MW3 (where the aiming and guns felt like shit to me) or blops2 (which felt fine)?

it reminds me a lot of MW3 which i did not enjoy. The relative looseness of it all lends to the game feeling like an arcadey nightmare. i would level the same complaint at blops 1 and 2 but mainly due to map design.

elfinke

The 3/5 GB review is pretty ambivalent. The tone of the review is in line with how I have spoken about every CoD since 4, kind of like I'm sighing while at the same time mildly enjoying myself.

I've been seeing that complaint a lot actually. I was watching a livestream earlier where the players were complaining about that too.

Maybe that won't be an issue on next gen? Does every mode have an 18 player variant there?

From what I've seen of the IGN review and those from other sites, they had access to review copies for current gen and next gen consoles. I don't think the player count is different across platforms, so it must be a general issue. It's weird reading that COD maps are too big when they've been so tightly packed in the past.

Top Bottom