• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Wait, I'm on PlayStation and I was planning on playing at 9:00 p.m. on Thursday because I'm in PST (Cali) & I'm going off that official chart they posted. I know you're out in Florida so are we saying the same thing because it's midnight for East Coast?
Yeah its midnight for me since I got it this time on Playstation
How do you get this to work on PC?
  1. Select Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.
  2. Under Country or region, select your new region.
  3. You can switch back to your original region at any time.

To get Starfield and Forza to unlock not only did I have to change region but also changed time zone to that local time

Some are saying you must also change your activision account to New Zealand but I have never done that in the past and COD always unlocked for me on NZ time

Yeah its midnight for me since I got it this time on Playstation

1. Select Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.
  2. Under Country or region, select your new region.
  3. You can switch back to your original region at any time.

To get Starfield and Forza to unlock not only did I have to change region but also changed time zone to that local time

Some are saying you must also change your activision account to New Zealand but I have never done that in the past and COD always unlocked for me on NZ time
Interesting. I've been reading that for PC MWIII is a global rollout. Consoles is regional however.

Bond007

This campaign is absolute trash.
Doubt i finish it. Looking forward to the multiplayers as usual.

As a DLC for $40-$50 or whatever, this campaign would have been half baked but fine.

This campaign is absolute trash.
Doubt i finish it. Looking forward to the multiplayers as usual.

As a DLC for $40-$50 or whatever, this campaign would have been half baked but fine.
PSA: Keep in mind 4 of the operators are unlocked by playing the campaign as well as a gun blueprint and some other items I can't remember.

Cant wait for Rundown, Terminal and Invasion maps. So many good maps in MW2 2009.

The maps were also designed so that all playstyles could work well. whether youre a run and gun shot gunner or sniper, you could do well. Ok, some maps like Wasteland arent geared to shotties, but most maps can be played in different styles.
Except the new movement system will break these maps.

Old CoD games had an actual stamina system.

jorgejjvr

6pm UK time unless I have got the time zones wrong, but there is a 108gb update for the cod hq app on top, it’s out now on PS5 at least to download but cannot be installed until 5pm UK.
HQ is updating for me, I then need another download, that game download?

BbMajor7th

Weird how Metacritic score is being witheld. I get that MP is a big chunk of the experience, but I don't remember this happening with other big MP games. Maybe it's just me.

twilo99

Maybe for a few matches but likely most will be working on MW3 weapons as well.

I have a lot of weapons maxed from MW2 but want to start grinding new guns

True, but its always nice to have a maxed out gun! It won't take that long to level them up anyway.. curious to see how they stack up against the MWII guns.

twilo99

Is Warzone getting an update? I’m only a casual fan so that’s been enough for me any time I get the COD itch.

Yes, new map and all in December.

At that point they will have, in my opinion, 4 very good 100+ player Warzone maps available so they should just start a weekly or a monthly rotation of them...

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Do I go back to my digital game and the download button should be there by then?
If you are on console and the console is active it should start the download automatically

You can always do the check for update thing as well but actually installing the download isn't for another hour yet

Gerdav

Do I go back to my digital game and the download button should be there by then?
I have just installed the update and it’s basically re downloaded the whole HQ app which is now MW3 focused and themed, MW2 has been pushed down below Warzone, there is no option in game to download the multiplayer and zombies, and there is also no option in manage game content to download them as there was for the beta and campaign, at this point I actually have no clue if that 108gb is all that’s needed or if there is more to come.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Ms got scammed, can they get a refund for half of what they paid for Activision? Lol

Bkdk

Wow, that's one of the lowest scores by media for this series. Great timing for activision to sell themselves to microsoft, at least money secured.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Ms got scammed, can they get a refund for half of what they paid for Activision? Lol
You realize the game is going to make around a billion dollars, right?

I would say that's a pretty good start on the ROI

Pretty obvious many of you do not understand the whole idea of acquiring assets

twilo99

It seems like my 6800xt is going to start showing it's age ...

"Actually, CoD: Modern Warfare III has a very good, almost exemplary framepacing. The game doesn't struggle with shader compilation or traversal stutters, and the image output is very consistent regardless of the graphics card. Both the Radeon RX 7900 XTX and the GeForce RTX 4080 don't show a single major outlier in terms of image output. It's rare to see something like that."

This is good news..

Last edited:

Gerdav

Does anybody actually know how you pre load this on a PS5?

All I get is “game mode available at launch” for MW3 multiplayer, zombies and private match, there were updates to MW2 Warzone, co op and multiplayer add ons, but there is no option anywhere, be it in game, manage game content or the ps store or cod store to download anything else, I have no clue if I’m good to go on Friday or need anything else, and I certainly can’t launch and go offline to check the maps out now, I’m stumped 🤷‍♂️

EDIT, I worked it out what a absolute shit show, you have to try and launch MW2 multiplayer where you are greeted with a file not installed message with them takes you to mange files where you get it.

i5K2UEq.jpg

nXeRo8O.jpg

x9DNmWO.jpg

I defy anyone to keep a straight face and tell me this was not an expansion pack.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Does anybody actually know how you pre load this on a PS5?

All I get is “game mode available at launch” for MW3 multiplayer, zombies and private match, there were updates to MW2 Warzone, co op and multiplayer add ons, but there is no option anywhere, be it in game, manage game content or the ps store or cod store to download anything else, I have no clue if I’m good to go on Friday or need anything else, and I certainly can’t launch and go offline to check the maps out now, I’m stumped 🤷‍♂️
It should be auto on the PS5.

One way to tell if you have everything is launch the game and as soon as it says fetching profile hit O and back out as it will ask you if you want to go offline

From there you can set up offline coop matches so if you have everything downloaded it should all be there.

You can play around with bots on the maps relearning these old maps

twilo99

Not sure how I feel about those lol I think they have a different partner in Australia. It reminds of the Mountain Dew thing for Halo

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
The combining multiple games into one launcher really sucks. What are the chances they see the backlash and actually listen to the community?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What in the fucking fuck is up with the size of these "UPDATES".

Holy shit, didn't they say a couple of years back that they'll reduce the size of the games?

MNyBo2t.jpg

Last edited:

twilo99

So wait, is this technically Microsoft’s biggest release then? This must be bigger than Starfield since it’s released on all 3 platforms and the PlayStation marketing is just silly

Katatonic

It's OK, Microsoft will have AI develop the games going forward and will roll out their updated AI ambassadors and AI forum posters to con human children young and old into giving them their money.

Celcius

°Temp. member
This new update is trash (Steam). I only own MW2 but when I boot up the game it launches MW3 and if I want to play the game I want then I have to go find MW2 in the menu and then it has to reboot.
Then it feels like whenever the game downloads a new patch it will display a message upon startup saying that the game needs to restart.
And then there's having to download 80gb downloads when you didn't even buy MW3.
Sigh.

Last edited:

twilo99

This new update is trash (Steam). I only own MW2 but when I boot up the game it launches MW3 and if I want to play the game I want then I have to go find MW2 in the menu and then it has to reboot.
Then it feels like whenever the game downloads a new patch it will display a message upon startup saying that the game needs to restart.
And then there's having to download 80gb downloads when you didn't even buy MW3.
Sigh.

Yeah I don’t know they are trying to handle completely separate games from the same interface.. don’t see how that can be a seamless experience, but I guess they want it all in one place. At least switching from MWIi multiplayer to warzone doesn’t require a restart, but something tells me it will do so for switching from MWIII to warzone until the new big map drops

Top Bottom