• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Jashobeam

just checked my order and the total jumped to $2.70, how bout u guys? crap now I'm afraid the price will go back to normal on my order and I'll get charged for it.

orochi91

Might trying reserving another order in store to see if it will work.

Is it worth a shot?

Go for it lol.

At worst, you'll get laughed at as you're walking out of the store empty handed.

At best, you'll walk out laughing like a lunatic if they honor it :D

ohlawd

fuck me, I didn't expect amiibos to be popular enough to sell initial shipments

did anyone actually predict this shit from the start?

I only want Zelda, fml fml fml

DJ_Lae

just checked my order and the total jumped to $2.70, how bout u guys? crap now I'm afraid the price will go back to normal on my order and I'll get charged for it.

I used Paypal, I assume they can't just crank up the order cost as it's already locked in. If you use a credit card directly with Best Buy, though, I don't know.

Yeah, could that happen. Where they don't cancel it and they just charger the regular price? I'm would be screwed if that happens.

chrono01

Wouldn't it be illegal to order something for a set price [even if it IS a mistake] and then charge the customer for an entirely different amount?

I mean, I can definitely see them cancelling orders, but to say the total cost would be a little over $2 [granted, a pricing mistake] and then charging them $400 doesn't exactly seem plausible.

Edit - It says I was charged $2.51!

Jashobeam

I used Paypal, I assume they can't just crank up the order cost as it's already locked in. If you use a credit card directly with Best Buy, though, I don't know.

yeah I used a credit card but they haven't charged my card yet, they could crank up the price back to normal and charge me. Oh well, if that does happen I'll just return it to a bestbuy store.

How are you guys getting PayPal to work? I have tried on mobile and desktop, and even going further in the order and changing the payment method.

yeah I used a credit card but they haven't charged my card yet, they could crank up the price back to normal and charge me. Oh well, if that does happen I'll just return it to a bestbuy store.

Fuck that, I'll lose my mind. Cancel my order if they want, but there will be no charging me more after the fact. I'm not even sure that's legal.

DJ_Lae

How are you guys getting PayPal to work? I have tried on mobile and desktop, and even going further in the order and changing the payment method.

I threw a pen in for 99 cents. I didn't trust them to just cancel the order either if I inputted my credit card directly, but I couldn't get paypal to work without having something else in my cart.

orochi91

Question:

On checkout I had that Verify by Visa thing, where I was supposed to enter my VbV password, but I accidentally refreshed the screen and the checkout proceeded regardless.

Will they be contacting my bank now about the order?

Also I got an email from bestbuy that my Order is processed.

orochi91

Charged $2.51

just got an email confirmation that it's going to be sent for delivery

lol

Delivery email?

Don't you mean processing email?

Mine says :

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.ca! We have received your order and we will process it right away.
Your method of payment will not be charged until the item(s) are shipped.

chrono01

Delivery email?

Mine says :

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.ca! We have received your order and we will process it right away.
That's the one.

Don't have anything to pay with online!!! :(

if anyone in Toronto wants to get me one, I'd TRULY appreciate it!

Edit: Give me like a dollar in PayPal and I can pay it back!

Delivery email?

Mine says :

Oh, that doesn't mean anything. Probably automatic. It can still be cancelled.

Delivery email?

Mine says :

Yeah, that email.

big_z

if you live on the east coast like nova scotia I highly recommend you do in store pickup and go right when best buy opens. stores open there about 30-60 minutes before online orders are fulfilled/cancelled.

I threw a pen in for 99 cents. I didn't trust them to just cancel the order either if I inputted my credit card directly, but I couldn't get paypal to work without having something else in my cart.

Do you know if they are able to cancel just the PS4 and still ship the second item? I don't want to waste my money on some cheap pen if I get nothing else xD

orochi91

Don't have anything to pay with online!!! :(

if anyone in Toronto wants to get me one, I'd TRULY appreciate it!

Edit: Give me like a dollar in PayPal and I can pay it back!

Use debit or credit!

Jump on this quick!

I'd get one for you but I can't risk getting charged $449 twice by bestbuy if they change back the pricing.

The bank will freeze my card again lol

There's no way they'll honour it... but I ordered 4 lol

2 online and 2 with reserve at different stores around me

NOOOOO!!!!

If you get too many it will alert them that something is up lol

Use debit or credit!

Jump on this quick!

I'd get one for you but I can't risk getting charged $449 twice by bestbuy if they change back the pricing.

The bank will freeze my card again lol

NOOOOO!!!!

If you get too many it will alert them that something is up lol

i used different emails!! haha

DJ_Lae

Do you know if they are able to cancel just the PS4 and still ship the second item? I don't want to waste my money on some cheap pen if I get nothing else xD

Oh, they'll probably send it to me. I figure it's worth the dollar just to have someone pack it in an envelope and ship it for free.

chrono01

I can't see Best Buy simply altering the amount you're being charged without alerting the customer. Lowering, sure, but not increasing. At the most, they'll cancel your order.

Top Bottom