• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guymelef

Also the 12GB of ram bro:

KuGsj.gif

Lol, seems logic.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Am I supposed to be scared by you saying this?

Wow. I would rather not feel like my posts are governed by infallible gods who cant make errors of judgement.

Nobody said you had to be scared of shit. What you are doing though is a step below calling mods and admin on GAF biased. If you have a problem with it, send them a PM and explain your position.

Goku

Banned
3ds was competing with tablets and smart phones.

If tablets and smartphones are geared towards pre-teens, then sure. I get that 3DS has a lot of core games, but the vast majority of the 3ds' ive seen were in the hands of little girls and boys.

If tablets and smartphones are geared towards pre-teens, then sure. I get that 3DS has a lot of core games, but the vast majority of the 3ds' ive seen were in the hands of little girls and boys.

That's because adults don't play their pokemon in public.

Unless they're in a waiting line full of other adults to buy the next pokemon game.

Goku

Banned
What?

2014 looks godlike:

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals
Fable Legends

Don't forget Black Tusks new IP, which according to almighty cboat looks amazing. I know that there is no release date for that game, but it is safe to assume that it will be 2014, since MS almost never reveals a game that isn't to launch withing the next calendar year or eaelier.

That's because adults don't play their pokemon in public.

Unless they're in a waiting line full of other adults to buy the next pokemon game.

Haha

Still, I think people vastly overestimate the ds' core appeal.

SeanR1221

So the Wii U, Xbox One, and PS4 are competing with Android consoles and PCs?

Yes. They are all competing for your stationary game time.

This is getting pretty off topic though so feel free to bring it to PMs

A ton of kids/pre teens want a tablet or smart phone.

LNBL

Good thing that The Netherlands is Tier 2 then, i'll have time to see how the early innovators experience their Xbox one

Decisions can change art he last minute, so even if he was right "only" 95% of the time! I think it would be crazy to doubt he's legit. It actually kind of blows my mind that there are still people trying to discredit him.

To be clear, I don't doubt Cboat has real insider knowledge of things, and I know he's provided plenty of leaks that were very accurate.

However, he also makes plenty of statements that are just obvious information, such as the XB1 won't have a lot of true 1080p games. Multiple developers have come out and said this in recent weeks, so coming here and announcing that seems rather daft. So I guess I just don't know why he bothers sometimes, and furthermore I hate it when his random statements are then attached to something that happens months later, regardless if it's really a match.

Bgamer90

Banned
quoting myself from the other thread.
framerate and resolution are only two aspects of the graphics.

Think of it as points you have to assign to different attributes when creating a character in a RPG. You can max out stamina (resolution) or speed (fps). Maybe the hardware gives you enough points to max them both, but you'd be left with few points for attack (eyecandy).
Or devs can choose to save points on speed (30fps) and stamina (900p/800p) and spend all their budget on attack.
But since you can't max them all - especially because attack (eyecandy) doesn't have a cap, and won't have one for many years.- you will ALWAYS see 30fps and sub HD games if the devs think it's adequate.

As a general rule.

Of course, on xbone in particular, you'd probably want to match PS4 'attack' (and you might not have a choice with multiplatform games) because that's what most people will immediately notice, so the xbox in particular will see quite a few sub-1080p games i think.

Oh yeah definitely, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Performance will be top priority.

Wynnebeck

Banned
To be clear, I don't doubt Cboat has real insider knowledge of things, and I know he's provided plenty of leaks that were very accurate.

However, he also makes plenty of statements that are just obvious information, such as the XB1 won't have a lot of true 1080p games. Multiple developers have come out and said this in recent weeks, so coming here and announcing that seems rather daft. So I guess I just don't know why he bothers sometimes, and furthermore I hate it when his random statements are then attached to something that happens months later, regardless if it's really a match.

Any examples of this? I keep hearing it brought up to discredit CBOAT, but nobody ever produces.

traidenk

Banned

rumors are rumors... I am a xbox fanboy and I don't deny it. You can't dig in my past any time you want. Some people get excited on MS negative news. I get excited on positive ones.

I'm still waiting for some kind of secret sauce since MS didn't reveal any missing gpu specs and their box is much bigger than the ps4. They are probably waiting for sony to go first.

Guymelef

rumors are rumors... I am a xbox fanboy and I don't deny it. You can't dig in my past any time you want. Some people get excited on MS negative news. I get excited on positive ones.

I'm still waiting for some kind of secret sauce since MS didn't reveal any missing gpu specs and their box is much bigger than the ps4. They are probably waiting for sony to go first.

3vr27w.jpg

jaaz

25 pages... wow. Funny thing is, there's nothing in his post that wasn't already clearly evident if you've been paying attention. I just think some people are holding out against all hope. Believe

Kydd BlaZe

Don't forget Black Tusks new IP, which according to almighty cboat looks amazing. I know that there is no release date for that game, but it is safe to assume that it will be 2014, since MS almost never reveals a game that isn't to launch withing the next calendar year or eaelier.
Yeah I left that off the list because that game seems like it is very early in development. It doesn't even have a title yet.

I also just realized that I forgot Project Spark. That also looks like a ton of fun. I'm sure that has been confirmed for a 2014 release.

shinnn

Wasn't most of the E3 stuff right except for mistaking Prince of Persia for Halo 5. It was Gamescom that was a complete clusterfuck.

He missed KI, Sunset Overdrive, and fucking Halo. Its pretty clear that he do the best to spread those insiders things in the worst manner possible.

HariKari

The box is bigger because it's a HTPC kitbash. And it's a little late for secret sauce. You'd think they'd whip all of that out when the numbers came in.

So disappointing. Still getting one at Launch if GAF will let me. PS4 will be bought much sooner than anticipated if 3rd party games see a res or fps difference at launch.

Dinjooh

25 pages... wow. Funny thing is, there's nothing in his post that wasn't already clearly evident if you've been paying attention. I just think some people are holding out against all hope. Believe

I'm just happy he posted as soon as he did. I was led to believe that he would return in 2014.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Welp. The secret Ranch sauce returns.

Why are you so worried about it?

Trust bruh, I'm not. I just find it amusing.

stryke

You must have misterxmedia bookmarked, and not for the right reasons.

CBOAT already said the game's behind schedule. Also, the game's announcement was more of an announcement of the studio, and less about the game. I feel it in my gut it's going to be Q2-Q4 2015 title.

By the way, Alan Wake, announced 2006, released 2010.

Red Mage

The only problem with any CBOAT thread is that I always exceed the recommended maximum sodium intake for the day when I visit one.

Sweep14

I really hope you are right. Like I said, it's just a small concern at the moment.

You can also bet that if Sony 1st party devs pull extraordinary assets, this time 3rd party teams will have few excuses if their projects lag far behind. PS4 architecture is way simpler to program for than PS3's

Kydd BlaZe

CBOAT already said the game's behind schedule. Also, the game's announcement was more of an announcement of the studio, and less about the game. I feel it in my gut it's going to be Q2-Q4 2015 title.

By the way, Alan Wake, announced 2006, released 2010.
That was before the game had a publisher. Microsoft didn't pick Alan Wake up until after Remedy had already announced the game and went looking for potential publishers.

S¡mon

Banned
agreed. Sony pony only has infamous for 2014. looks like they're going into the fight without a full pack of cards. and they will get destroyed.
And The Order: 1886. Another way to look at it: Microsoft most likely already revealed their full 2014 line-up, while Sony is taking its time.

I strongly disagree with you that Sony won't have anyhting but Infamous: Second Son in 2014, but this isn't a Sony vs Microsoft thread so we may discuss that another time in another thread.

...its not limited just to gaming.

Moreover, most of these non-gaming features are still wortheless in Europe.

My tv is 720p. I'm losing out on all of those p's if it goes higher than that!

Haha, but yes, same here. Please correct me, if I'm wrong, but a higher resolution would reduce the need of AA, which results in less blurred textures? Would I see a gain of quality if I play a 1080 game on a 720 TV? A 720p oder 900p game becomes upscaled on a 1080 screen. Hence, it would be blurred or less sharp, right? I never thought about the resolution mechanics in consoles.

I personally do not care about resolution
But maybe you care are about framerate drops, draw distance, level of detail?

What about native 1080p console games on a 720p TV? With a forced lower resolution, the game should have more fps? This is what I would expect from a PC game.

Artorias

Banned
So lets see:

- A claim regarding resolution that any sophisticated developer should be able to assess based on the known HW specs.
- A completely implausible claim that MS was able to speed up the development schedule for their console and all their games by 12 months.
- A completely vague reference to "issues" with the HW, despite the fact that he/she has felt comfortable leaking very specific info earlier.

A combination of lies & guesses? Just trolling? The possibilities are endless!
Not really. Its one of those two.

That is quite the accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom