• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Yeah I think it was always planned for 2013. The logistics would have been a huge nightmare if it was actually scheduled for a year later.

However, I think MS was banking on Sony taking the same stance on used games. We know the major publishers were pushing for it. I'd imagine reversing the drm policies sent them for a loop. Major was right, it's not like flipping a switch...I'm sure a lot of engineers are working overtime on this patch.

JABEE

I feel like they dispatched Panello due to Cboat; someone to counter the insider leaking info basically. While Panello has been a solid poster around here and is forthcoming, there is nothing like the juice that Cboat spills out.
That's because Penello only spills out info that has been looked over by a few handlers.

Compared to PS4, yes I guess so. But to be fair, in the big picture they are both (Xbox One and PS4) plenty underpowered straight out of the gate. If having the fastest gaming hardware is what's most important then consoles are not for you.

We know. But for console only multiplatform titles I want the fastest console where games will have the better technical performance. In that case it's going to be the PS4.

Freki

Yeah I think it was always planned for 2013. The logistics would have been a huge nightmare if it was actually scheduled for a year later.

However, I think MS was banking on Sony taking the same stance on used games. We know the major publishers were pushing for it. I'd imagine reversing the drm policies sent them for a loop. Major was right, it's not like flipping a switch...I'm sure a lot of engineers are working overtime on this patch.

Removing the online checks isn't the problem (that is bascially a switch) - the problem is the online drm has to be replaced by a classic disc based drm. If MS didn't plan for such a drm scheme from the beginning it could hurt them in one or two years if the xbox is easily hacked for piracy (think 360)...

CBOAT doesn't just work for MS, he works for all of us! And friend of all children worldwide!

dTqo39n.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
after running it through 50 times over...

"mnodessls' u odo2 wo. atuy ?int"

works quite well ;)

still doesn't make sense to me, too confusing/close to Dark Souls 2. Maybe a few people will appreciate the subtle differences but I don't think it is a huge exclusive.

..unless Dark Souls 2 isn't coming to next gen next year (surely it must be?). In that case it has more weight on PS4

still doesn't make sense to me, too confusing/close to Dark Souls 2. Maybe a few people will appreciate the subtle differences but I don't think it is a huge exclusive.

..unless Dark Souls 2 isn't coming to next gen next year (surely it must be?). In that case it has more weight on PS4

You will be proven dead wrong. So dead wrong.

Coxy

I dont think CBOAT is referring to a RRoD scenario, I think he's referring to the steps they're taking to alleviate that, automatically detecting if it's overheating and decreasing resolution/framerate to cope?

one but wiggle if I'm correct, two butt wiggles for no

I don't but if he is an employee then he's being extremely disloyal and biting the hand that feeds him.

I hope he isn't as it's difficult to have respect for someone that would act to the detriment of their employer like this. It's not like a whistle blower exposing illegal practice, it's just someone working against their employer and helping their main rivals. .

But I reckon they don't work for ms, they wouldn't be that stupid.

HAHAHA loyalty to an employer, especially a massive multinational corp? This is 2013 man, we aren't peasants sworn to defend the noble's lands or something. The company would not give 2 shits about any employee if something happened to him/her, they would put them out on the street if it meant +0.01 in the stock price. Have you ever held a job in a megacorp? If so, you would understand why CBOAT dgaf about loyalty and is spitting truth bombs.

/TEAM CBOAT

TheContact

MS would have to fail pretty hard at designing consoles to let the XBO overheat, it's got massive fans and the box is literally designed to keep the heat out.

JYD

Neo Member
Let's be honey an real with ourselves, if there are any RRoD type issues with the one, this console is DOA.

Microsoft fans need to realize this.

Chittagong

Gold Member
HAHAHA loyalty to an employer, especially a massive multinational corp? This is 2013 man, we aren't peasants sworn to defend the noble's lands or something. The company would not give 2 shits about any employee if something happened to him/her, they would put them out on the street if it meant +0.01 in the stock price. Have you ever held a job in a megacorp? If so, you would understand why CBOAT dgaf about loyalty and is spitting truth bombs.

/TEAM CBOAT

Except that in more cases than not being loyal works into your own benefit, if the company succeeds the chances are you get a better bonus, more resources etc.

Once you are so unhappy that you begin to leak shit you start undermining your employer, and by proxy you are undermining your own wealth. Certainly all the negative Xbone insider leaks have helped dig what was already a troubled PR case even deeper.

Which is why I don't get why people who are so unhappy with their employer that they leak shit still choose stay with them and not just find a new job. Maybe it's just handy to coast that regular paycheck month to month.

Except that in more cases than not being loyal works into your own benefit, if the company succeeds the chances are you get a better bonus, more resources etc.

Maybe in a smaller company you get a better bonus, but in a large corp like MSFT, the annual company profit is decidedly not a factor in your bonus. Your stock grants are affected by stock price, but that's about it. Well, actually you will get a curtailed or lower bonus if there is a good enough excuse like the economy going down the toilet -- but I have never seen minor fluctuations in price affect bonus percentages.

"Loyalty" is a phrase lots of employers like to use to milk employees for everything they've got. If there was a way for them to convince you to accept your paycheck in "loyalty" currency and it wasn't completely illegal, you bet your ass they would. Loyalty is a two-way street.

marvin83

Banned

Once you are so unhappy that you begin to leak shit you start undermining your employer, and by proxy you are undermining your own wealth. Certainly all the negative Xbone insider leaks have helped dig what was already a troubled PR case even deeper.

Which is why I don't get why people who are so unhappy with their employer that they leak shit still choose stay with them and not just find a new job. Maybe it's just handy to coast that regular paycheck month to month.

Not all employers share their profits, either.

Yay, the company made an extra $30million this quarter. Who sees that? Investors and the board. The peons? Yeah... Nope.

Sulik2

So Kinect's rampant success basically destroyed MS plans for the next-gen. They scrapped the box they had planned for fall 2012 to keep making Kinect money and then had to rush its more powerful successor because Sony blew them away with their Feb 20th presentation. What's CBOAT is saying would actually explain a lot of the craziness we have seen at Microsoft. Especially with how strongly rumored a next-gen xbox had been planned for 2012 at one point.

jayu26

So Kinect's rampant success basically destroyed MS plans for the next-gen. They scrapped the box they had planned for fall 2012 to keep making Kinect money and then had to rush its more powerful successor because Sony blew them away with their Feb 20th presentation. What's CBOAT is saying would actually explain a lot of the craziness we have seen at Microsoft. Especially with how strongly rumored a next-gen xbox had been planned for 2012 at one point.

Wait! What?

I dont think CBOAT is referring to a RRoD scenario, I think he's referring to the steps they're taking to alleviate that, automatically detecting if it's overheating and decreasing resolution/framerate to cope?

one but wiggle if I'm correct, two butt wiggles for no

I can't imagine he meant a RROD 2.0 because I'm thinking that would be the end of Xbox. Right now they can't even really afford a shit drizzle let alone a full on shit storm that another RROD fiasco would create. I mean that would be on a completely different level of fuck ups that would likely shut GAF down for days as soon as reports started rolling in.

Well the 360 and the PS3 are both in their Gravy years. All profit .....

If Microsoft had released this Xbox One in 2012 it would have been only comparable to the Wii U it would have dominated for sure....

Instead they opted for another year of gravy on their 360 and they got burned

Drek

Because getting paid, and if you work for MS likely paid quite well, is nice. How is that hard to understand?

I mean, if you believe upper management has already set their coarse for that big iceberg they're oblivious to why wouldn't you enjoy the inevitable crash? Doesn't mean you can't simultaneously build yourself a safety net for when you do bail out. Until then enjoy the paycheck, less stress at work (since you aren't concerned about success), and the bitter tears you get to create online in your free time.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't believe a RROD2 is coming. MS management would be smarter to shut down the entire division than kamikaze the whole thing and burn billions in the process.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I floated the idea in another thread that we might see multiplatform situations where they have identical assets but the PS4 version is 1080p and the Xbone version is 720p. Looks like I might be right.

bj00rn_

Banned
We know. But for console only multiplatform titles I want the fastest console where games will have the better technical performance. In that case it's going to be the PS4.

Why not. Me too. But the person I responded to had a different perspective on it than you're explaining here.. And I replied to him to put that skewed perspective back in its place where it belongs.

We might have Demon's Souls 2 confirmation.

I see. Then I hope the thread proceeds to more confirmations. Accidental or otherwise.

Question... can MS enlist the help of the NSA to track down CBOAT? Is CBOAT using public terminals for posting his stuff? Perhaps I shouldn't ask... I want more leaks.

Edit:
Xbox fan site forums are losing their minds over CBOAT. DAT denial, spin, and BS.

daman824

I highly doubt the xbox one was originally supposed to come out in 2014. They seem like they have their act together in terms release schedule.

and yeah, resolution is going to be the biggest difference between multiplatform titles. Big AAA third party games running at 900p native on xbox vs 1080p native on ps4 will be common. And I can easily see Xbox One first party games running at lower than 1080p resolutions to look comparable to ps4 first party games.

In that regard he's echoing whay edge already said a while ago.

I floated the idea in another thread that we might see multiplatform situations where they have identical assets but the PS4 version is 1080p and the Xbone version is 720p. Looks like I might be right.

Pretty much, though I see 900p as more likely with the occasional 720p game with shit loads of stuff on screen. First party games will make more use of dynamic resolutions is my guess.

StuBurns

Banned
I see. Then I hope the thread proceeds to more confirmations. Accidental or otherwise.

Question... can MS enlist the help of the NSA to track down CBOAT? Is CBOAT using public terminals for posting his stuff? Perhaps I shouldn't ask... I want more leaks.
Now I'm imagining CBOAT as a rouge Kinect prototype.

That's why he writes all fucked up, he's already had the Daisey Bell kibosh laid on him.

Artex

Banned
I highly doubt the xbox one was originally supposed to come out in 2014. They seem like they have their act together in terms release schedule.

I disagree considering the reduction in release countries and how they were still tweaking the hardware a month ago.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Because getting paid, and if you work for MS likely paid quite well, is nice. How is that hard to understand?

I mean, if you believe upper management has already set their coarse for that big iceberg they're oblivious to why wouldn't you enjoy the inevitable crash? Doesn't mean you can't simultaneously build yourself a safety net for when you do bail out. Until then enjoy the paycheck, less stress at work (since you aren't concerned about success), and the bitter tears you get to create online in your free time.

It's what i suggested in the last sentence. Disgruntled employee milking the machine and enjoying the fireworks.

Also, a developer and mid to high to have access to all the info. Not a suit/marketing because they are not smart enough to write in code.

Skeff

I feel like they dispatched Panello due to Cboat; someone to counter the insider leaking info basically. While Panello has been a solid poster around here and is forthcoming, there is nothing like the juice that Cboat spills out.

Penello as a serious poster? are you kidding me?

When he posted his miracle equations and was called out by many posters here and arstechnica, he had no rebuttals and was unable to explain the "facts" he posted, If he was anyone other than Albert Penello he would have been banned for making that post and failing to provide any evidence or reasonable explaations when questioned other than "I'll have to ask someone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom