• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: White house blocking them and other news outlets from attending press briefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nHT0RxS.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/835325771858251776

There is no person on this earth more deserving of a punch to the face than this fat man child.

He keeps pushing the NYT and CNN because they're the ones most likely to get something really bad on him

Which you'd think he'd want to back off cause of that but naaah

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
They should bring the coen brothers onboard and turn house of cards into a dark comedy

This is indefensible and spits in the face of some of the most basic principles this country was founded on...

But is it actually unconstitutional or illegal? It would seem not, unfortunately. But I hope I'm wrong, completely wrong.

Zenner

So is this just a one-off temper-tantrum for the day, or are these news corps also not welcome at regular upcoming Press Briefings? Or does no-one know yet.

Panzon

Shit this country is getting scarier by the day. How rapid all of this nonsense is unfolding is mind numbing but this is what we get for not voting :(

I wonder why he's not mentioning washington post?

He doesn't read it.

Or rather, he doesn't have it read to him.

And since a lot of his handers' strategy for keeping his twitter profile low (for whatever that's worth in this context) is to keep as much critical media out of his hands, it probably won't cross his eyes anytime soon unless either CNN reports on it, or the Times cites it.

Cheerilee

This is horrifying and repugnant and where are you Republicans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NIr0i-OQ6c

"One word response to Donald Trump's epic, rambling, nonsensical press conference?"

Republican: I didn't see it.
Democrat: Terrifying.
Democrat: Unfocused.
Democrat: Non-ending?
Democrat: I didn't see it.
Democrat: Lacking.
Democrat: Unbelievable.
Democrat: Embarrassing.
Democrat: Pray
Republican: No comment.
Republican: I fucking loved every minute of it!

Ignorance is technically plausible, but the Republicans are straining credibility with their ridiculous level of ignorance surrounding Donald Trump. They're putting their heads in the sand as they willingly allow America to burn down to the ground.

Zolo

Ignorance is technically plausible, but the Republicans are straining credibility with their ridiculous level of ignorance surrounding Donald Trump. They're putting their heads in the sand as they willingly allow America to burn down to the ground.

Pretty much. They want to be able to push things through in a Trump presidency, but they don't want to get caught saying anything good about him since they don't know if he may end up getting caught in some scandal they'd get pulled in through their endorsement. As such, they're going to try not commenting on and playing ignorant as much as possible.

Chumley

Banned
How anyone can still deny the obvious fact that Trump is flat out compromised by Russia is unbelievable to me. Every news organization they banned today is pursuing that story. If they had nothing to hide and there was nothing to it, why would they be behaving the way they are? They're stupid, but they know if they had the truth on their side, being transparent instead of hostile would defuse everything.

It's only a matter of time before the real truth comes out, the only question is regarding who wants to be on the right side of history.

I hope that whenever Trump is on his deathbed he truly understand how terrible of a person he is, how reviled he is, and how his legacy will be a black mark forever in the history books of America.

If they really stopped covering anything about him he would actually be less popular and wouldn't had been as popular before as well. A complete no trump news ban would go a long way but they can't do it. They can't stop themselves. But, it would be fantastic to know he is basically non existent. They can still report on what the administration does and you guys are wrong to believe reporting negativity against him makes things change, just fuels his supporters more.

He would also flip out now m seeing everyone completely not give a shit about him. All his important events going completely unnoticed. Would be amazing

Just imagining him walking out to give a speech to a full media blitz and only seeing empty chairs and some college kid newspapers would just be too funny. If the press goes, they should film each other and give accounts of thier days or something. Make him disappear all the way to 2020.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Trump fans quiet and getting quieter. Bar is low when it's too embarrassing for them to limbo under .

I think his hardcore fans are still riled up, but those who were more on the fence are definitely done defending him.

Now if they can just start fighting against him we could be getting somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NIr0i-OQ6c

"One word response to Donald Trump's epic, rambling, nonsensical press conference?"

Democrat: Terrifying.
Democrat: Unfocused.
Democrat: Non-ending?
Democrat: Lacking.
Democrat: Unbelievable.
Democrat: Embarrassing.
Democrat: Pray
Republican: No comment.
Republican: I fucking loved every minute of it!

Love that they're not gonna be able to do this during the next speech on the 28th where he's supposed to be talking to them in person.

Nothing happened to it... it just doesn't mean what you think it means.

The press isn't being arrested. They don't have the right to direct access just because they want it.

While this is true, FOX was never blocked from entering the press briefings under the Obama administration.

Trump just doesn't want spicey asked difficult questions because he blunders around like an idiot.

SaviourMK2

This makes it easier for the news. They do,t need to spend money sending people to these events.

All they need to do is report the opposite of what they say at the conference and they've already come to the truth.

Really, its like paying people to go watch a guy tell you a Pepsi can is red.

Haines

Banned
While this is true, FOX was never blocked from entering the press briefings under the Obama administration.

Trump just doesn't want spicey asked difficult questions because he blunders around like an idiot.

Everyone mentions Obama.

Had any president done this before? Did Bush?

So they're not even attempting to hide anymore that they want a fascist state...

I often read these Trump threads and am put off by the constant hyperbole and reaction. However, The Atlantic had a really good article about the ideological foundation of Bannon and many of Trump's more prominent advisors and supporters.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...nternets-dark-anti-democracy-movement/516243/

It is concerning because these people have the Whitehouse now. It is a self described anti-democracy philosophy that is intent on "blowing the system up". The hatred of the "mainstream media" and the insanity of appointments like Pruitt and DeVos make sense within the context of their goals and beliefs. These people are not Republicans or conservatives in the traditional sense. And some of their beliefs approach overt bigotry and racism, allowing white nationalists to latch on.

But I think the real problem is that they are not wrong about the entrenched corruption and systemic failures of our government. They are not wrong about the divisiveness of identity politics and problems caused by globalization. These issues will continue to galvanize an increasingly large precentage of the population. Democrats, liberals, Republicans, and conservatives need to fight this movement by addressing these issues head on. I think this a major turning point in Western Civilization, for better or worse.

To anyone who is further interested in learning what these people are really about and what they want to achieve, I suggest looking up "neo-reactionary" and the "dark enlightenment". There is a fair amount of ugly in there, but their philosophy is not entirely bankrupt, which is the problem.

Trumps uniqueness is that he doesn't give a shit about perception.

I disagree, I think he cares deeply about perception, and not just from an egotistical perspective. We are not his target audience. I recommend reading the Atlantic article I linked.

soldat7

Chilling move. Now the focus is on this and not Priebus, the FBI, Russia, or the terrorist attack/hate crime/murder in Kansas.

Wulfric

I hope that whenever Trump is on his deathbed he truly understand how terrible of a person he is, how reviled he is, and how his legacy will be a black mark forever in the history books of America.

Hopefully that day comes soon enough. He's already put the world through enough misery. The world is scared. He deserves to suffer, no holds barred.

Ithil

I hope that whenever Drumpf is on his deathbed he truly understand how terrible of a person he is, how reviled he is, and how his legacy will be a black mark forever in the history books of America.

"No one knows more about the afterlife than me! I'm having the most dignified and noble death in history, no death is as dignified as mine-"

*dies, shits himself*

caliph95

"No one knows more about the afterlife than me! I'm having the most dignified and noble death in history, no death is as dignified as mine-"

*dies, shits himself*
In the afterlife "Hell and Heaven loves me, I'm the most prestigious and virtuos person in the afterlife. No one is more virtuous and divine than me."

soldat7

I often read these Trump threads and am put off by the constant hyperbole and reaction. However, The Atlantic had a really good article about the ideological foundation of Bannon and many of Trump's more prominent advisors and supporters.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...nternets-dark-anti-democracy-movement/516243/

It is concerning because these people have the Whitehouse now. It is a self described anti-democracy philosophy that is intent on "blowing the system up". The hatred of the "mainstream media" and the insanity of appointments like Pruitt and DeVos make sense within the context of their goals and beliefs. These people are not Republicans or conservatives in the traditional sense. And some of their beliefs approach overt bigotry and racism, allowing white nationalists to latch on.

But I think the real problem is that they are not wrong about the entrenched corruption and systemic failures of our government. They are not wrong about the divisiveness of identity politics and problems caused by globalization. These issues will continue to galvanize an increasingly large precentage of the population. Democrats, liberals, Republicans, and conservatives need to fight this movement by addressing these issues head on. I think this a major turning point in Western Civilization, for better or worse.

To anyone who is further interested in learning what these people are really about and what they want to achieve, I suggest looking up "neo-reactionary" and the "dark enlightenment". There is a fair amount of ugly in there, but their philosophy is not entirely bankrupt, which is the problem.

That gave me the heebie jeebies. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom