• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca Cola introduces new "Coca Cola Life", sweetened with cane sugar and Stevia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coca-Cola-Life.jpg

Described as an “all natural, low calorie cola,” the new Coke product is first being released in Argentina, but will be getting a global rollout later this year.

Coca-Cola-Life-2.jpg

Each 600 milliliter bottle has 108 calories. The drink is fully organic and comes in a fully-recyclable plant-based bottle.

Coca-Cola-Life-5.jpg

More info here.

Pretty interesting idea. It's like Pepsi next with better execution.

lil smoke

Banned
Stevia is actually an interesting choice and has been hailed by quite a few as the ultimate sugar replacement. No idea what to make of that though.

Yeah have you tried it?

It tastes like a sweeter more concentrated version of sweet and low. Chemical-y

Ataraxia

I'm just waiting for Regular Coke or Pepsi with less sugar. That's it. No artificial sweetners. No fake additives. Just take the regular formula and take some of the sugar out. It will still taste great but have fewer calories and sugar.

Somnid

Seems like a good idea to me although stevia kinda sucks as a sweetener. At least the cane sugar should mask the aftertaste.

Sojgat

I'm just waiting for Regular Coke or Pepsi with less sugar. That's it. No artificial sweetners. No fake additives. Just take the regular formula and take some of the sugar out. It will still taste great but have fewer calories and sugar.

I'm guessing it would taste like shit. If they could make it work, they would've most certainly done it already,

Yeah have you tried it?

It tastes like a sweeter more concentrated version of sweet and low. Chemical-y

But Stevia is derived from a plant I thought. Though I suppose since everything is chemicals some naturally derived stuff is bound to taste chemically.

You think a natural sweetener tastes more chemicaly than artificial stuff?

I like stevia.

Artificial sweeteners and natural sweeteners are both chemicals. Every food product you eat is chemicals. Everything is chemicals.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Out of all the fake sugars, I like Stevia the most. I still hate it, though.

stevia is disgusting. Take out sugar instead of replacing it.

The dirty secret is that you probably wouldn't be able to stomach Coke if it didn't have so much sugar in it.

akira28

Some stevia extract recipes can have wierd side effects in people.

I had to stop fucking with that Truvia shit. Of course the Tripple A corporation's "optimized" version had problems, but just regular generic stevia powder or stevia syrup causes no allergies or hives.

And mixes with sugar like a boss for dramatic calorie cuts. 75% stevia and just sugar for flavoring makes most store-bought diet drinks taste like crap. I guess that's why Coke is catching on.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Looks tasty.

Is it the eco-green wrapper? The droplets of soothing condensation sliding down the glass? The shot focused on the lone bottle sitting in ample waves of rustic grass? Or maybe it's the bottles inconspicuously placed next to the freshly picked flowers, so you know this Coke is fresh off the farm?

Marketing: it's either clever or we're all idiots.

Stevia is no good
It confuses the body like every sugar substitute

Stevia is the only true natural sugar substitute. I use it for everything, well I only really use sugar for my coffee in the morning but yeah everyday for that.

Anyway, this sounds great. I wanna try it.

Ataraxia

I'm guessing it would taste like shit. If they could make it work, they would've most certainly done it already,

Pepsi Black was released a few years ago in Japan. It's regular Pepsi with half the sugar and some added lemon. It hasn't been reviewed well in the States but maybe if they cut out a little less sugar than half there would be a happy medium somewhere.

Pepsi_Black.jpg

akira28

Is it the eco-green wrapper? The droplets of soothing condensation sliding down the glass? The shot focused on the lone bottle sitting in ample waves of rustic grass? Or maybe it's the bottles inconspicuously placed next to the freshly picked flowers, so you know this Coke is fresh off the farm?

Marketing: it's either clever or we're all idiots.

I think it's the fact that this is a picture from some alternate dimension's 1950s, because how long has it been since cokes came in glass bottles and wooden crates? Is there a ne-hi machine on a porch somewhere, selling these for a dime?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stevia? How about just use all real sugar?

lil smoke

Banned
You think a natural sweetener tastes more chemicaly than artificial stuff?

I like stevia.

It does to me! It has an unnatural aftertaste, lets call it bitter.

I am one that can't really consume a lot of sugar, so trust me, I have tried to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom