• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca Cola introduces new "Coca Cola Life", sweetened with cane sugar and Stevia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit:

ل and ا creates لا, but there is only the ل in the coke logo and the Arabic at the bottom.

Yes that is true. But in order to understand this fully, you need to learn the arabic language and therefore pronounce the letters.

Sometimes ا alif is not pronounced and is used to distinguish words with otherwise the same spellings.
Example: أنا ana "I."
If the word is pronounced the way it is written, it should be pronounced anaa.

Sometimes ا alif is not written, but a word is pronounced as if ا alif is there.
Example: هذا haadha "this."
This is an interesting example showing that the invisible alif is pronounced but the visible alif is not pronounced.
If the word is pronounced the way it is written, it should be pronounced hadhaa.

http://www.islam.org.hk/arabiclessons/lesson01.utf8.asp

Can you explain why in 1886 Coca Cola decided to make their logo for the express purpose of pissing of muslims who would see the English logo, flip the text, and make two rather large edits to the text? Why does that strike you as the more likely scenario than it being coincidence that flowing English text can look like Arabic text when flipped backwards and slightly edited?

And even if that was the case, Coca Cola of today is different than the Coca Cola of 1886. Why should they change their logo? It is a cool logo in English. Or are you one of those people that thinks written text is magical?

Ty4on

Yes that is true. But in order to understand this fully, you need to learn the arabic language and therefore pronounce the letters.

Sometimes ا alif is not pronounced and is used to distinguish words with otherwise the same spellings.
Example: أنا ana "I."
If the word is pronounced the way it is written, it should be pronounced anaa.

Sometimes ا alif is not written, but a word is pronounced as if ا alif is there.
Example: هذا haadha "this."
This is an interesting example showing that the invisible alif is pronounced but the visible alif is not pronounced.
If the word is pronounced the way it is written, it should be pronounced hadhaa.

http://www.islam.org.hk/arabiclessons/lesson01.utf8.asp

That's very interesting, and I must admit I do not speak Arabic, but....
Dude, its just in front of you: لا = No
The same letter in arabic has many different shapes, to see this you have to understand the arabic alphabet which you clearly dont.
You said لا was in that logo, I still can't see it :p

Edit:
Why don't they just roll out Mexican Coke everywhere? It's the best one and uses cane sugar.
Doesn't nearly all the coke around the world use cane sugar? Why call it Mexican? :p

Yet you made the decision not to consume any products of them anymore because of a rather constructed message akin to "playing records backwards reveals a message of the devil"? I hope you understand my confusion.

Why are you confused? I do not understand, sorry :/
I described this as a "disturbing message" and "disgusting brand". This could also be described with the exact same words from a person who quiets drinking Coca Cola because of the huge amount of sugar and other unhealthy ingredients and marketed as a drink which refreshes our lives.

And yet I am accused of saying that this is the message of the devil and Coca Cola is anti-muslim which I hav never said, not even remotely.

I feel very uncomfortable buying and drinking this when such arabic words are written on everything, in a flipped way, which also seems to hide it. It makes me feel like a supporter of this message and I cant let this happen to me. If this isnt true at all, then what do I have to loose? Exactly nothing. I end up winning even.

Its like a movie with a so called damsel in distress. Does the film company see women as objects when they are presented like for example in Sucker Punch? That is up to everyone own to decide if this is right, wrong or something to not take seriously.

I also made sure writing about it in a subjective perspective. I do not call to boycott this company or something.

I miss cane sugar soda most days here. Got four bottles of cane sugar Cheerwine in the fridge right now. I am delaying that gratification.

Mmm.

RayStorm

Why are you confused?

[...]

And yet I am accused of saying that this is the message of the devil and Coca Cola is anti-muslim which I hav never said, not even remotely.

Presumably, if you did not feel that the message was anti-something, you would not have a problem with the message. Thus it would not be a reason for you for boycott.

I feel very uncomfortable buying and drinking this when such arabic words are written on everything, in a flipped way, which also seems to hide it.

However this is the actual issue I have with your statement. This is very much a construction of your mind without factual basis.
Similar to the fear in past times that Rock 'n' Roll records when played backwards had satanic messages that would undercut Christian morale.

In both cases, the proof is only visible to those that believe, and even then it takes quite a bit of rework and imagination.

It makes me feel like a supporter of this message and I cant let this happen to me.

Considering that there is no message, I seriously doubt that you would be.

If this isnt true at all, then what do I have to loose? Exactly nothing. I end up winning even.

This however I can agree with to a point. Then again if you really liked the taste of Coca Cola and chastened yourself due to some bizarre conspiracy theory there is something lost if you were able to moderate your consumption.

Its like a movie with a so called damsel in distress. Does the film company see women as objects when they are presented like for example in Sucker Punch? That is up to everyone own to decide if this is right, wrong or something to not take seriously.

And yet a different thing. Objectifying a woman is a different thing than altering a logo to make it read what you (or a very small group of people) want it to read.

I also made sure writing about it in a subjective perspective. I do not publicly call to boycott this company or something.

I understand, still I have to call you personally out on your reason for doing so due to the imaginary nature of you reason. Pretend it to be some kind of looking out for you and the fear that you make other decisions in your life for similar faulty reasons.

Why are you confused? I do not understand, sorry :/
I described this as a "disturbing message" and "disgusting brand". This could also be described with the exact same words from a person who quiets drinking Coca Cola because of the huge amount of sugar and other unhealthy ingredients and marketed as a drink which refreshes our lives.

And yet I am accused of saying that this is the message of the devil and Coca Cola is anti-muslim which I hav never said, not even remotely. .

Uh you are accused of saying that Coca Cola is anti-islam because it is so obvious that is your reasoning. You said the text said something disturbing and digusting in Arabic. Then we found out that if you alter the text, flip it backwards, get rid of bits of it, and then translate it to Arabic you get a message about "no mecca no allah"

Certainly seems to follow you find Coca Cola anti-Islam.

Anyway not drinking coke is fine. I don't do it myself. But as I said originally, you are paranoid and irrational. For reasons RayStorm pointed out.

Can you explain why in 1886 Coca Cola decided to make their logo for the express purpose of pissing of muslims who would see the English logo, flip the text, and make two rather large edits to the text? Why does that strike you as the more likely scenario than it being coincidence that flowing English text can look like Arabic text when flipped backwards and slightly edited?

And even if that was the case, Coca Cola of today is different than the Coca Cola of 1886. Why should they change their logo? It is a cool logo in English. Or are you one of those people that thinks written text is magical?

Is that... The Order 1886?
The_order_1886_logo.png

The plot thickens...

108 empty calories that have no nutritional value, but that's supposed to be OK because it's natural?

I think it's more to bring people who have cut soda out back into the fold. Many people quit drinking it over the growing anti-HFCS public sentiments, not because it's empty calories. Every soda I've ever had with Stevia in it has been a disaster and I have my doubts that Coke can pull it off.

Yoshiya

i had a fructose reduced, stevia sweetened juice yesterday and it was pretty nice. i'm happy to see it being adopted further my the big manufacturers, certainly the best sweetener available and doesn't have aspartame's reputation issues.

Coca-Cola-Life.jpg

Described as an “all natural, low calorie cola,” the new Coke product is first being released in Argentina, but will be getting a global rollout later this year.

Coca-Cola-Life-2.jpg

Each 600 milliliter bottle has 108 calories. The drink is fully organic and comes in a fully-recyclable plant-based bottle.

Coca-Cola-Life-5.jpg

More info here.

Pretty interesting idea. It's like Pepsi next with better execution.

Dat Green!

Year Of Luigi continues :D ;)

Will try it when and if it releases in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom