• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca Cola introduces new "Coca Cola Life", sweetened with cane sugar and Stevia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I drink to much soda and would like a healthier variation I applaud Coca Cola for this now make it vanilla and Pepsi follow suit. Crystal Pepsi Natural wise from your gwave!

Germany has this since 2011.

fritz_kola_evo_580.jpg

I like Stevia and I like fritz, but I tried this once and it was not for me. Hope coke life is better.

lil smoke

Banned
Stevia cuts the calories and cane sugar makes it more palatable.

Stevia also allows you to use less cane sugar in general, because it's like twice the sweetness of sugar. So the idea is that you use less can sugar and just a droplet of stevia, and boom, less sugar, same sweetness.

okdakor

Never tried it, but whenever someone hails something as the next big thing and it's not out after several years I get sceptical.

Maybe they needed time to find the perfect formula... Their first goal is to make it taste good, so I hope they really worked on it to find the right balance and cut some stevia's effects.

Sign me up! Anything to get real cane sugar back into my cola soft drink of choice! (even if it is with that Stevia stuff)

Snarky Aside:
The name makes me wonder just how much fans of Kamitani's work the Coca-cola people in Atlanta are...

#TeamLife

Zoe

And real sugar doesn't give you a sweet tooth and craving for sugar? Yeah okay.

I'd like to see your study that links stevia to sugar addiction. And mind you, stevia isn't an artificial zero calorie sweetener. It is just as natural as cane sugar.

I think the idea is that stevia will give you a sweet tooth, but 99% of the products off the shelf will only be sugar or HFCS.

FinKL

I'm convinced this is a response to those "Diet Coke is bad for you" image the media has portrayed recently.

I'd try it out, and would possibly switch to it depending on how much sugar was in it.

Stevia sounds like the name of a disease no one recovers from.

I thought it sounds like some kind of medication you see advertised on TV that includes side effects such as bleeding from the anus, thinning of the stomach lining, heart attack, dysentery, AIDS, genital warts and whooping cough.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can you tell me how sugar, a sweetener derived from plants is real. While stevia, a sweetener derived from plants is "fake sugar" that should not be used? What makes one good and one bad? Have you even ever tasted stevia?

Because of the taste. Ask 1000 people what "real sugar" is and I guarantee you they all know what I was talking about.

Magni

I'm currently in Chile not toooo far from Argentina, heard about this a few months back. I still need to try it though.

I liked Pepsi Raw when I tried it in Norway while living there in 2011, but apparently it's not sold anywhere anymore (except maybe Australia?).

Is it the eco-green wrapper? The droplets of soothing condensation sliding down the glass? The shot focused on the lone bottle sitting in ample waves of rustic grass? Or maybe it's the bottles inconspicuously placed next to the freshly picked flowers, so you know this Coke is fresh off the farm?

Marketing: it's either clever or we're all idiots.

Damn you get out of my head!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How much aspartan? That shit kills you.

As soon as I saw this new Coke logo, the Saudi Flag came in to my mind.

sa-lgflag.gif

My brain saw a resemblance. Maybe has to do something with the Coca Cola font which is indeed an arabic writing, when flipped horizontaly. And mixed with the green colour I had to think about the Saudi flag. Stopped buying and drinking this crap as soon as I understood the meaning of the arabic font, many many years ago.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As soon as I saw this new Coke logo, the Saudi Flag came in to my mind.

sa-lgflag.gif

My brain saw a resemblance. Maybe has to do something with the Coca Cola font which is indeed an arabic writing, when flipped horizontaly. And mixed with the green colour I had to think about the Saudi flag. Stopped buying and drinking this crap as soon as I understood the meaning of the arabic font, many many years ago.

Is this some Da Vinci code shit.

So you stopped buying a beverage because the logo on it made you think of an arabic flag, and flipped backwards the text looks even more arabicy? How xenophobic can you get?

3N16MA

Banned
Pepsi Black was released a few years ago in Japan. It's regular Pepsi with half the sugar and some added lemon. It hasn't been reviewed well in the States but maybe if they cut out a little less sugar than half there would be a happy medium somewhere.

Pepsi_Black.jpg

Too bad Pepsi sucks.

So you stopped buying a beverage because the logo on it made you think of an arabic flag, and flipped backwards the text looks even more arabicy? How xenophobic can you get?

The saudi flag has nothing to do with it.

When you flip the "Coca Cola" font horizontaly, you can see the arabic language written in arabic. And the meaning is disturbing to me, that is why I have never touched this disgusting brand ever again since many years.

And seeing the logo now with green background, my brain automatically started a resemblance to the Saudi Flag which I found interesting to share and not of the reason to boycott it.

ps: Im not an arab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom