• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca Cola introduces new "Coca Cola Life", sweetened with cane sugar and Stevia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The saudi flag has nothing to do with it.

When you flip the "Coca Cola" font horizontaly, you can see the arabic language written in arabic. And the meaning is disturbing to me, that is why I have never touched this disgusting brand ever again since many years.

And seeing the logo now with green background, my brain automatically started a resemblance to the Saudi Flag which I found interesting to share and not of the reason to boycott it.

ps: Im not an arab.

What pray tell did the text say? And how do you know it was not purely coincidental.

I didn't say you were arab, I did say you were xenophobic.

skybald

I wouldn't mind trying a half-sugar Coke. Not a fan of Stevia at all though...the aftertaste lingers on for hours.

Do you have a condition with your tongue? I use stevia in my coffee every once in a while and have noticed effectively no aftertaste. Maybe the cheap coffee aftertaste won out though...

Manu

My brain saw a resemblance. Maybe has to do something with the Coca Cola font which is indeed an arabic writing, when flipped horizontaly. And mixed with the green colour I had to think about the Saudi flag. Stopped buying and drinking this crap as soon as I understood the meaning of the arabic font, many many years ago.

Hfa3Ua0.gif

What pray tell did the text say? And how do you know it was not purely coincidental.

If you google this, seeing the arabic font and the meaning behind it, I think you will eventually understand that this sure cant be a coincident. Sorry for not giving you the meaning personally but I dont like to write it down. :/

I didn't say you were arab, I did say you were xenophobic.

Yes I know. Was just making sure that this has a serious meaning behind it for me and not some flag thing that someone else will bring on me again :p

BigDes

Of all the reasons to stop supporting the Coca Cola company you chose Stealth Muslims?

Wow

EDIT Ah I see, it apparently spells out No Mecca when reversed

Which I am sure we can all agree was a hot button issue back in 1886

catmincer

If you've ever bought Japanese drinks you've likely tried Stevia. Many of them use a combination of Stevia and sugar. Ever wondered why a 500ml bottle only has 70 calories? That's why.

BigDes

I'm sure Pepsi released something like this over here a few years ago as a way of making pepsi an acceptable mixer

Tecl0n

It's been released for about two months now here (Argentina) it's horrible. Horrible. I'll stick with my regular-coke poison, thanks for trying.

If you google this, seeing the arabic font and the meaning behind it, I think you will eventually understand that this sure cant be a coincident. Sorry for not giving you the meaning personally but I dont like to write it down. :/

If it is what the poster below you posted, then you are a paranoid and irrational person.

ElFly

Of all the reasons to stop supporting the Coca Cola company you chose Stealth Muslims?

Wow

EDIT Ah I see, it apparently spells out No Mecca when reversed

Which I am sure we can all agree was a hot button issue back in 1886

Stealth anti muslims.

Stealth anti muslims.

If you were stealth anti-muslim why would you be mad at coke for saying "no meccah, no allah" when you rotate the text of their logo, zoom, enhance, zoom, enhance, buff, varnish, buff, varnish, wax, then make a few minor alterations to the text, and then translate it to Arabic?

RM8

As a Mexican, I can only imagine how offensively terrible American Coke must be if this mundane sugary water I know as Coca Cola is considered so great, lol. Lol as well at the logo thing.

BigDes

If you were stealth anti-muslim why would you be mad at coke for saying "no meccah, no allah" when you rotate the text of their logo, zoom, enhance, zoom, enhance, buff, varnish, buff, varnish, wax, then make a few minor alterations to the text, and then translate it to Arabic?

No, Coke are the ones who are stealth anti muslims

See back in 1886 when they were thinking of making a logo for the company they made sure that they had a design that would sneakily stick it to the Ottoman Empire.

Begemot

Neo Member
Apparently, he's talking about this:

551248_142765055863149_1925230645_n.jpg

Is that even right? Shouldn't whatever symbols means "no" be repeated? Let's try google translate for "no Mohammed no Mecca"

لا محمد لا مكة

...not even close.

Talon

The saudi flag has nothing to do with it.

When you flip the "Coca Cola" font horizontaly, you can see the arabic language written in arabic. And the meaning is disturbing to me, that is why I have never touched this disgusting brand ever again since many years.

And seeing the logo now with green background, my brain automatically started a resemblance to the Saudi Flag which I found interesting to share and not of the reason to boycott it.

ps: Im not an arab.
Hi, I'm a salesperson for Reynolds. Would you like to take a look at our tin foil catalog?

No, Coke are the ones who are stealth anti muslims

See back in 1886 when they were thinking of making a logo for the company they made sure that they had a design that would sneakily stick it to the Ottoman Empire.

Ohhh.

And yeah that's reasonable. I can see in 1886 them choosing a cool looking English logo that also happened to be a slight against Islam when you rotated the text, made a few key edits to how it looked, and then translated the resulting rotated and edited text to Arabic. Seems rational and reasonable.

If it is what the poster below you posted, then you are a paranoid and irrational person.

If it makes me refrain from Coke and all other Sodas for my entire life and live a healthier life with drinking just pure water, then so be it :) But everyone has his unique motivation to quit something that is not good. One person quits Coke because of too much sugar in it, the other one because of the criminal actions in the Coke Management he doesnt want to support and the other because he is offended by the message Coce is forcing on him and so on. But why is a person not irrational when he knows that drinking Soda means putting your healthiness into the trash can but still drinks it?

Talon

Ohhh.

And yeah that's reasonable. I can see in 1886 them choosing a cool looking English logo that also happened to be a slight against Islam when you rotated the text, made a few key edits to how it looked, and then translated the resulting rotated and edited text to Arabic. Seems rational and reasonable.
Sarcasm. What the fuck is it?

CornBurrito doesn't know.

gamma

So when you guys say Mexican Coke you really mean regular Coke? Because you have made regular Coke even unhealthier in the US with this syrup shit?

dafuq

Sarcasm. What the fuck is it?

CornBurrito doesn't know.

Is Secreterial Dog being sarcastic?

BigDes definitely was, and I was adding to it. It seems you don't get joint sarcasm.

If it makes me refrain from Coke and all other Sodas for my entire life and live a healthier life with drinking just pure water, then so be it :) But everyone has his unique motivation to quit something that is not good. One person quits Coke because of too much sugar in it, the other one because of the criminal actions in the Coke Management he doesnt want to support and the other because he is offended by the message Coce is forcing on him and so on. But why is a person not irrational when he knows that drinking Soda means putting your healthiness into the trash can but still drinks it?

You don't understand it seems.

Not drinking soda because it is unhealthy is rational. Not drinking coke because you think the company is secretly anti-muslim because of some bullshit altered/flipped text is not rational.

Coke isn't forcing a message on you. You're reading a message that isn't there because you are paranoid and irrational. You somehow honestly believe that in 1886 they choose a cool looking English logo that also happened to be a slight against Islam when you rotated the text, made a few key edits to how it looked, and then translated the resulting rotated and edited text to Arabic.

Chumpion

Hey, it could be an Islamic proverb... "without Muhammad there is no Mecca".

Flipped back, it obviously becomes "without cocaine there is no cola" - a gentle reminder of the proud roots of this noble beverage.

You don't understand it seems.

Not drinking soda because it is unhealthy is rational.
I clearly understood but I think you are forgetting something. If someone quits drinking soda is self-evidently rational. But what I was asking was, why someone knowing that health is in danger by drinking soda but still drinking it regardless, is not irrational?

Not drinking coke because you think the company is secretly anti-muslim because of some bullshit altered/flipped text is not rational.
That is not an answer, you are just repeating your empty phrase and I never said the company is anti-muslim. Please stop this.

Coke isn't forcing a message on you. You're reading a message that isn't there because you are paranoid and irrational.
If I can read the message clearly then for me it is there.

Is that even right? Shouldn't whatever symbols means "no" be repeated? Let's try google translate for "no Mohammed no Mecca"

لا محمد لا مكة

...not even close.

Dude, its just in front of you: لا = No
The same letter in arabic has many different shapes, to see this you have to understand the arabic alphabet which you clearly dont.

Apparently, he's talking about this:

551248_142765055863149_1925230645_n.jpg
This is amazing.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was more anti-Jewish propaganda by fanatics to show how those crafty Jews are polluting the world with anti-Muslim sentiment through their massive conglomerates, with every cent used towards missiles that will kill Palestinian children.
(Oh, wait. That was Pokémon cards I was thinking of, during that one stint when they were banned in some Middle-Eastern countries for a while.)

Ty4on

Reminds me of Pepsi RAW.
pepsi_raw_859864i.jpg

Who cares about the sweetner, it'll taste the same. What I'm interested in is the caramel color because they've used less E150 (caramel color in European) than regular Coke. I think it looks much better with that lighter color.

Edit:
Dude, its just in front of you: لا = No
You do know Arabic is read right to left?

dralla

They already make a soda sweetened with stevia, Zevia. Stevia by itself has a bit of a 'bite' to it after you have some, which is why most stevia-sweetened products also contain erythritol, a sugar alcohol, to lose that aftertaste. Stevia/Erythritol is a great combo IMO, good taste, no calories, nothing artificial [if you're trying to avoid things that are]. In fact I had a Sobe Lifewater 0 today, which is sweetened this way.

I don't understand this product though, why go half way? Why not go full on 0 calorie instead of this weird middle ground.

Ty4on

They already make a soda sweetened with stevia, Zevia. Stevia by itself has a bit of a 'bite' to it after you have some, which is why most stevia-sweetened products also contain erythritol, a sugar alcohol, to lose that aftertaste. Stevia/Erythritol is a great combo IMO, good taste, no calories, nothing artificial [if you're trying to avoid things that are]. In fact I had a Sobe Lifewater 0 today, which is sweetened this way.

I don't understand this product though, why go half way? Why not go full on 0 calorie instead of this weird middle ground.

Cyclamate mixed with saccharin which is a pretty good sweetener, but cyclamate is banned in the US.

I love the reduction on sugar instead of outright removing it. Sweetened sodas usually have that thin taste and sugar isn't that dangerous. With 50% sugar a coke has less sugar than most (all?) juices.

Edit:
Yes. Where is my mistake?
ل and ا creates لا, but there is only the ل in the coke logo and the Arabic at the bottom.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Sprite here in the UK has been rebranded Rediscover Sprite and it has had Stevia extract for a few months now. Guess Coca Cola is extending this across their drinks line.

I haven't bought Sprite since.

I'd like to see a soda that has 50% or even 25% the amount of sugar in regular soda. Don't replace it with any other sweetener, either. I bet it would still taste great, and sugar is the only really bad thing in soda.

Kwixotik

I have been waiting years for this news. You made my day, OP.

edit: and a message Coca-Cola is trying to force? LOL, yeah a message that you have to put in a mirror and then alter to get something that somewhat resembles a certain way of writing a message that is in grammatically incorrect arabic. You're crazy, man.

RayStorm

I never said the company is anti-muslim. Please stop this.

If I can read the message clearly then for me it is there.

Yet you made the decision not to consume any products of them anymore because of a rather constructed message akin to "playing records backwards reveals a message of the devil"? I hope you understand my confusion.

polg

my friend in argentina have described it as "it tastes worse than Coca Cola Light, Coke Zero > *"

In NZ we have several organic colas that are great.

I clearly understood but I think you are forgetting something. If someone quits drinking soda is self-evidently rational. But what I was asking was, why someone knowing that health is in danger by drinking soda but still drinking it regardless, is not irrational?

Not drinking soda isn't inherently rational. Actions are not rational in a vacuum, it is the reasoning behind the action that makes it rational.

And people can recognize the harm soda does, and drink it in small amounts without damaging their health. You can drink soda and be rational. I don't drink soda though so I don't see why you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom