• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost on Wii U official, ported by Treyarch, 5 other Activision titles too

ultrazilla

I think the sales will be very low.

And that's what pisses me off with fellow Nintendo console owners.

Bitch, bitch, bitch that "Nintendo is getting shafted by third parties!" but then you don't buy the third party games when they *do* support the system!

And I agree with a few posts above mine. Nintendo should come out with system bundles that include COD: Ghosts to show Activision they care about the support.

Developed/Ported by Treyarch, not IW.

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/360445074506653696

g9QpuSz.png

Yes! This guys always do great ports.

muu

I could really care less if they don't give me DLC -- don't play CoD long enough to care about them in the first place.

the WiiU ver will be the one for me to get if I buy it, I'm getting franchise fatigue but with other life events, it'll be harder to have the TV to myself meaning the WiiU version may be the best bet if I want to play in even small bursts.

Nintendo should definitely do this and heavily advertise it has *FREE ONLINE* in big shiny capital letters.

Use whatever it has to promote the platform and deepen its relations with 3rd parties.
Both the PC and PS3 versions still exist. The 360 version will still sell the most anyway.

And that's what pisses me off with fellow Nintendo console owners.

Bitch, bitch, bitch that "Nintendo is getting shafted by third parties!" but then you don't buy the third party games when they *do* support the system!

And I agree with a few posts above mine. Nintendo should come out with system bundles that include COD: Ghosts to show Activision they care about the support.

But CoD is a mediocre at best franchise right now. This is the problem with asking people to support 3rd party games.

Frodo

If Ninty does push that free online thing, I seriously think this version of CoD might actually sell decently

It is a perfect opportunity to bring some
tight fisted
gamers to the platform. Nintendo should definitely bundle it with the console and go full on advertising it and the free online.

There are a considerable amount of players that DON'T want to pay for online. So it is a very good opportunity for Nintendo to take some advantage of that.

ultrazilla

If it were me, and I had to choose from the 3 platforms you own, I'd get it on the 360, or more likely, the PC. There would be little reason for me to get it on the Wii U. If the Wii U was my only system, then obviously of course.

As much as the Wii U needs people to consider buying these games on that system on an equal level, its just not perceived to be there currently. And once the next gen platforms come out, there will be even less of a reason. And that's the problem Nintendo faces. There's little reason for me to get multiplatform games on the system, and I'm the 'definite version' type. I want the *best* version for my money, and I still don't want to buy it on the Wii U, vs even the 360. So the system is stuck being used just for exclusives.

No offense but you are exactly the type of person I'm talking about.

IMHO, the 360 is a dead system(I haven't bought a game for the system in over a year). My 360 is basically a glorifed Netflix player at this point.

I have a powerful gaming PC and the Wii U. The *EASY* choice for me is to buy the PC version but Activision did a hell of a job with COD: BO2 on the Wii U, Nintendo needs third party support and so the decision to go with the Wii U version is easy for me.

Frodo

Both the PC and PS3 versions still exist. The 360 version will still sell the most anyway.

And Sony could add a "Play online for free with more than 1000 different persons" on PS3 box.

Yes, of course I'm aware that this game has versions for the last generation of consoles. And people will probably buy it for those consoles, but, nonetheless, it is a great opportunity to make people aware of the fact you won't need to pay to play online on the Wii U, while the opposite wont hold true for the PS4 and Xbox180.

Good god Activision ... was that so difficult?

I have a rad idea:

How about you announce the platforms that your game is being released on ... wait for it ... all on the same day!

I know ... sounds crazy, but hey, give it a try, why not?

Hmm I guess Infinity Ward could really care less about Nintendo eh?

It's nice to see Treyarch still being a supporter all these years.

Yeah BO2 had support for classic controllers and Wii Remote customization. They also continued to patch it and included Wii U in double XP weekends. It helps that I find the Treyarch games more interesting storywise as well as having Zombie Mide. Shame that no DLC was released. I understand though it would fragment the already small community. A single DLC pack with select maps might have been a good approach.

RE_Player

This was a no buy until I heard Treyarch is porting it. Since the original Black Ops they have far and away become the premier Call of Duty developer and they've always done a fantastic job with their Nintendo efforts. Infinity Ward is a mere shadow of it's former self. Day 1 on Wii U for me.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is this going to have the same fate as Colonial Marines WiiU version?

Effect

Makes sense. When it comes to Call of Duty no other teams at Activision or works with them knows Nintendo hardware. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Treyarch has been working on Nintendo hardware since the GameCube and have done all of the Call of Duty games for those systems, even the ones they didn't develop. I thought would have stopped with the Wii U but looks like it hasn't. I guess that's a good thing in the end for players as they know the hardware. This should make the Wii U version a really good port. Hopefully this means they won't mess up the pointer controls again. They just have to focus on this game not several other versions.

ultrazilla

But CoD is a mediocre at best franchise right now. This is the problem with asking people to support 3rd party games.

Not sure if serious?

Whatever you personally think about CoD, I think the sales numbers would prove you wrong. (Lifetime sales of all games across all platforms)

And I'm confident the Wii U can handle whatever visuals the devs throw at it. IMHO, we haven't come close to seeing what the little guy can do yet(though some of the Pikmin screenshots look amazing!).

Step up Wii U owners!

RiverBed

Banned
Wii U is at an interesting place. I am curious to see how the game looks and performs compared to current and next gen. Acti is one of the 'laziest devs' (good enough is enough. Fuck optimization).
Fucking Acti....

Is he mocking his own product or is he that bad of a salesperson? That looks dumb however I look at it. Talk about being detached from your work...

Ridley327

Is this going to have the same fate as Colonial Marines WiiU version?

Why would it? It's dated, Treyarch has a team that's entirely dedicated to making CoD ports on Nintendo systems, and CoD hasn't gotten to the level of critical reception that A:CM achieved.

...not yet, at least.

Top Bottom