• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost on Wii U official, ported by Treyarch, 5 other Activision titles too

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Supports Wiimote and presumably also off-tv, so I will buy this on Wii U. Is the release date the same in Europe ?

Wii U is at an interesting place. I am curious to see how the game looks and performs compared to current and next gen. Acti is one of the 'laziest devs' (good enough is enough. Fuck optimization).
Fucking Acti....

Is he mocking his own product or is he that bad of a salesperson? That looks dumb however I look at it.

He was using the ZombiU zombie face thing

Wii U is at an interesting place. I am curious to see how the game looks and performs compared to current and next gen. Acti is one of the 'laziest devs' (good enough is enough. Fuck optimization).
Fucking Acti....

Is he mocking his own product or is he that bad of a salesperson? That looks dumb however I look at it. Talk about being detached from your work...

Its from zombiu i think. It takes a picture of you

Welp, Wii u owners it's time for us to put up or shut up

I'm still not a wiiu owner but i dont see why people should be rushing to buy CoD.

GulAtiCa

Is he mocking his own product or is he that bad of a salesperson? That looks dumb however I look at it.

lol. That's from the Nintendo E3 2012 conference where we was making a zombie of himself during the Ubisoft portion of showing of ZombiU. :lol

Funny how we knew this before the game was announced yet it took so long for the confirmation..

Ill buy it on wiiu for off tv play btw (not a online player)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Fucking Acti....

Treyarch did a good job porting BLOPS 2 in the short span of time they had combined with reportedly terrible dev tools for Wii U. They also did a good job updating the game with post-release patches.

If Ghosts isn't a rushed port this time + working with better development tools, it could reveal something (for good or bad) about Wii U.

xemumanic

No offense but you are exactly the type of person I'm talking about.

IMHO, the 360 is a dead system(I haven't bought a game for the system in over a year). My 360 is basically a glorifed Netflix player at this point.

I have a powerful gaming PC and the Wii U. The *EASY* choice for me is to buy the PC version but Activision did a hell of a job with COD: BO2 on the Wii U, Nintendo needs third party support and so the decision to go with the Wii U version is easy for me.

First off, I am not the type of person you're talking about. I don't have a Wii U, still don't see the value in it. And if I had one, I wouldn't be whining about games not coming to it, because it was obvious from the start this sort of thing would happen, which is why I don't own one to begin with. To me and many others, Nintendo consoles are mainly for exclusives, not multiplatform games.

The 360 isn't dead either. It has already put out more games that I want to play on it than the Wii U will have ALL YEAR.

Don't be upset with me that the platform you choose to support doesn't get support from publishers or gamers. The blame for that should be placed on Nintendo.

PSGames

Definitive version.

Joke post or not but this rings true with me. I actually sold my 360 version for the Wii U verion of BLOPS 2.

Being able to play in bed off screen is really nice. Plus being able to play 2 person online without having to split the screen was amazing.

And that's what pisses me off with fellow Nintendo console owners.

Bitch, bitch, bitch that "Nintendo is getting shafted by third parties!" but then you don't buy the third party games when they *do* support the system!

And I agree with a few posts above mine. Nintendo should come out with system bundles that include COD: Ghosts to show Activision they care about the support.

I'm with you there. I bought tons and tons of great third party games on Wii to support third parties to bring more of that content to the system. Will continue on Wii U

Gamerloid

About time this is announced for the Wii U. Why would it take so long anyway? Nintendo should be announcing games whenever they get the chance. The Wii U isn't exactly flooded with games.

Nintendo needs to bundle this and have advertisement for their version with the GamePad's Features.

Not sure if serious?

Whatever you personally think about CoD, I think the sales numbers would prove you wrong. (Lifetime sales of all games across all platforms)

And I'm confident the Wii U can handle whatever visuals the devs throw at it. IMHO, we haven't come close to seeing what the little guy can do yet(though some of the Pikmin screenshots look amazing!).

Step up Wii U owners!

I know others like it, but wiiu owners should do whatever the fuck they want. Even if this sells ok nothing will change. Anyone who went with this shit on the wii buying shit like The Conduit should know this by now. If you like CoD, get it on wiiu, but if not dont feel the need to throw money hoping things change because it wont.

It's time for Wii U owners(myself included) to step up and support the release. I have a 360, PC and Wii U. I will buy the Wii U version to show support for third parties!

Seriously you Nintendo owners, you people need to support these releases(obviously based on it being a credible port) or you'll only be playing first party Nintendo games on the system in the next year or so.

Yep. If you guys dont buy this and COD flops again, kiss all third party support goodbye.

Personally I dont care, but it would be nice to see I dont own a lemon.

Mory Dunz

Maybe the reason it took so long to confirm was to see if they could do Wii U specific controls such as the Wii Mote, Gamepad.

So what would be acceptable sales on the Wii U?
People keep talking about "low sales", so what's a good number?
Would 1.25 million be enough? (Just throwing out a random number)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This announcement about 6 games for Wii U sounds like Activision has negotiated with Nintendo for something. Will see about what. Maybe marketing push from Nintendo. Should we expect a bundle ?

Treyarch are actually a guarantee that the Wii U version will be good, I trust them.

Now, should we wait for a Rockstar announcement soon?

cacildo

Well, its treyarch

And Wiimote support
And off tv play
And multiplayer with off tv play (confirmed?)

That´s very good. WiiU version does seems to be the best one.

However.... its still COD. For $60. No thank you.

Great news, COD:BO2 was well done.

I will pick it up definitely (off-TV play is amazing for quick online play while doing other things), though hopefully there will be more people online so more play modes can be experienced.

I'll even go as far to admit I wouldn't have picked it up even it wasn't on the Wii U - this game is much better in short bursts lying on the couch or in bed :)

Liha

Banned
And that's what pisses me off with fellow Nintendo console owners.

Bitch, bitch, bitch that "Nintendo is getting shafted by third parties!" but then you don't buy the third party games when they *do* support the system!

And I agree with a few posts above mine. Nintendo should come out with system bundles that include COD: Ghosts to show Activision they care about the support.

If the new consoles are there, the hardware of the Wii U will be outdated from this moment. Developers must develop a special version of every game. (CoD as an example - higher costs)

Nintendo must choose, a strong console for Nintendo and Activision/EA franchises or a single console for Nintendo franchises.

I have enough money to buy a console for Nintendo games, but is that the right way? I don`t know.

Maybe the reason it took so long to confirm was to see if they could do Wii U specific controls such as the wii mote, gamepad.

So what would be acceptable sales on the Wii U?
People keep talking about "low sales", so what's a good number?
Would 1.25 million be enough? (Just throwing out a random number)

That would be really good considering Wiiu will not have reached 4 million by release date. Hell i think 600k would be decent. If its crushed by the ps4 and xbone versions that is where it is bad

Malvingt2

What I do like about Treyarch is that those guys are always talking with the Wii/WiiU community of Cod... Gfaqs,Cod forums etc.....

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I know others like it, but wiiu owners should do whatever the fuck they want. Even if this sells ok nothing will change. Anyone who went with this shit on the wii buying shit like The Conduit should know this by now. If you like CoD, get it on wiiu, but if not dont feel the need to throw money hoping things change

Yes, we know, we know nothing will change Wii u is still doomed. Still if the game is good I think Wii owners should support it (granted they like first person shooters).

Appleman

I'll probably have a PS4 by then, but I'm grabbing the Wii U version anyways. Two player online with the GamePad makes it easily the definitive version

Mory Dunz

This announcement about 6 games for Wii U sounds like Activision has negotiated with Nintendo for something. Will see about what. Maybe marketing push from Nintendo. Should we expect a bundle ?

Treyarch are actually a guarantee that the Wii U version will be good, I trust them.

Now, should we wait for a Rockstar announcement soon?

Um, I wouldn't count on it. (It'd be nice to be wrong though)
Recent CODs have come out for Nintendo consoles, but GTA hasn't really been on there I believe...

except like ChinaTown Wars for the DS.

batbeg

As a not very good fps player I prefer playing on the Wii U which seems to have a more accessible barrier than what I experience on PS3, if for no reason other than player count.

I know others like it, but wiiu owners should do whatever the fuck they want. Even if this sells ok nothing will change. Anyone who went with this shit on the wii buying shit like The Conduit should know this by now
Anyone who owned N64, GCN, or Wii should know this now. The Wii was the most hilarious. Capcom said RE4: Wii was a test game for the audience and it sold at least triple what they were expecting. Then they released RE:UC which also did pretty well so Capcom decided to "reward" wii owners with test #3 Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop which from what Ive seen had graphics thatd look bad on a PS2 and in general was a buggy mess. Then Capcom anounced test game #4 Resident Evil:DSC which Wii owners failed and Capcom abandoned the Wii.

Or when western developers cited Madworld's sales as proof that core gamers aren't on the Wii.

Mithos

That would be really good considering Wiiu will not have reached 4 million by release date. Hell i think 600k would be decent. If its crushed by the ps4 and xbone versions that is where it is bad

600k in what time frame? I firmly believe if it do sell that "much" CoD: Ghost on Wii U will have been way more then profitable.

Except for the fact that no one will buy it and the few who do will be forced to play FFA and TDM due to zero people on real game modes, yes this is the definitive version
if you won't own a PS360PS4onePC by then

Eh, Treyarch's ports even day and date are almost always better than IW's own games. I find BLOPS2 to be better than any of IW's titles.

Top Bottom