• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost on Wii U official, ported by Treyarch, 5 other Activision titles too

vctor182

Maybe the reason it took so long to confirm was to see if they could do Wii U specific controls such as the Wii Mote, Gamepad.

So what would be acceptable sales on the Wii U?
People keep talking about "low sales", so what's a good number?
Would 1.25 million be enough? (Just throwing out a random number)
Well how many consoles have been sold worldwide? IMO If it sells over 1 million it's good

Mory Dunz

That would be really good considering Wiiu will not have reached 4 million by release date. Hell i think 600k would be decent. If its crushed by the ps4 and xbone versions that is where it is bad

I guess I meant 1.25 million lifetime. Well, not lifetime, but after a year or two.
Would 1.25 still be a good number then? (Thanks for responding).

It's time for Wii U owners(myself included) to step up and support the release. I have a 360, PC and Wii U. I will buy the Wii U version to show support for third parties!

Seriously you Nintendo owners, you people need to support these releases(obviously based on it being a credible port) or you'll only be playing first party Nintendo games on the system in the next year or so.

I completely agree. I'll be buying this game.

RiverBed

Banned
He is trying the Zombi converter thing in ZombiU. It uses the camera to turn your face into a zombi face.
That makes more sense.

Treyarch did a good job porting BLOPS 2 in the short span of time they had [...]
That's my point exactly: CoD and Acti are some of the biggest names and money makers in the industry. Why the HECK would they be 'rushing' into anything? Why don't they make a proper dedicated focus target on the a main console by a main game company (Ninty/WiiU)?
But then again, Acti killed one of its main success pillars (and one of the biggest games of its time) Rockband and consequently fucking up an entire new and exciting genre in gaming....
I've seen EA do stupid shit, but no-one can touch the Acti stupid if they tried. I'm starting to think if Blizzard is second guessing their relation with Acti...(yes, I know it isn't Blizzard's choice, I'm just venting).

It's nice that Wii U will get this game, BUT I have no incentive to buy it just because of the system it's on. I'm mainly a Nintendo gamer, and I've never been interested in this series before, even on the PS3 which I also own. I take offense to the notion that I need to buy this game to support 3rd party efforts on Wii U, lest I be a part of the ongoing problem. When 3rd parties release games that interest me, then and only then will I buy them on a Nintendo console. As it is, Kingdom Hearts HD, Ultra Street Fighter 4, and the new Strider; games I would've easilly bought on my Wii U, aren't an option on that system. Good thing I have a PS3.

I own everything and will be buying both next gen consoles but I find the Wii U version of CoD the best. Off tv play plus the two screen split for multi was used countless times. First Cod I reached the level cap since 4.

Assault

Y'all hating. I think this will have a much healthier playercount than BO2 because:

1. Wii U will have a larger install base than the same time last year
2. It's coming out on the same day as the other versions

I'm probably going to pick it up on Wii U, as I did BO2, despite owning a 360 and PS3. Off-tv play is neat.

Hey Nintendo

Release a bundle of this game, with this

41MQnJfR8cL._SY300_.jpg

I'm not a huge COD fan but I usually end up picking up every new version, so I'll probably get this. Off-TV play is ideal for every game in the universe.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Business as usual.

Everybody should know by now that CoD is always announced late on Nintendo platforms, and it's always Treyarch that does the porting duties.

Been that way since the Wii.

The_Lump

Banned
From purely an advertising perspective: It's unfortunate that even if there is any graphical advantage over the current gen versions, Activision will be running with the PS4/Bone footage around that time I'd imagine. Its not going to look particularly impressive against those versions visually of course.

Let's hope WiiU version gets a bit of its own advertising, highlighting what makes it unique.

I'm not holding my breath though. I'll just be happy to enjoy it myself :D

fred

Anyone know what Infinity Ward's problem is with working on Nintendo's consoles..? I just assumed last gen it was down to the Wii having a nonstandard rendering pipeline which made porting from the PS3 and 360 a pain in the arse so Treyarch had to develop a completely separate game...but this isn't the case now.

Very odd...maybe they're anti-Nintendo fanboys.? :eek:/

Nintendo should get behind the game and market that the Wii U version is the only next gen console you can play CoD:Ghost online without a paywall.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
From purely an advertising perspective: It's unfortunate that even if there is any graphical advantage over the current gen versions, Activision will be running with the PS4/Bone footage around that time I'd imagine.

If Xbone and PS4 will be out by then.

Could the delayed announcement have to do with $?

Maybe MS didn't want Nintendo to announce the biggest selling game will be on their hardware which will have the best use of second screen features at e3?

Anyone know what Infinity Ward's problem is with working on Nintendo's consoles..? I just assumed last gen it was down to the Wii having a nonstandard rendering pipeline which made porting from the PS3 and 360 a pain in the arse so Treyarch had to develop a completely separate game...but this isn't the case now.

Very odd...maybe they're anti-Nintendo fanboys.? :eek:/

When they told Wii couldn't handle MW1 and Treyarch proved them wrong they got into an embarrassing situation to say the least.

Oh oh!!!, Classic Nintendo fanboy response ...then shells out 60 bucks for Next 2d Mario.

This game is going either bring back wavering 3rd party devs or finish off the Wii u as viable for non Nintendo games.

The other company that will watch the sales like a hawk will be EA.

Ball's in your court, Nintendo Fans.

This shit is tired

vctor182

From purely an advertising perspective: It's unfortunate that even if there is any graphical advantage over the current gen versions, Activision will be running with the PS4/Bone footage around that time I'd imagine. Its not going to look particularly impressive against those versions visually of course.

Let's hope WiiU version gets a bit of its own advertising, highlighting what makes it unique.

I'm not holding my breath though. I'll just be happy to enjoy it myself :D

Isn't this game based on current gen and not next gen?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Lol um congratulations? You get a lame ass mainstreamer and maybe something else good from Activision

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm of the opinion ps4 will at least be being advertised by then....

Surely, but would Activision advertise the version of the game that would be available almost a month afterwards rather than PS360 and PC (I don't have any hope they will with the Wii U version, but I still hope Nintendo will)?

FyreWulff

Still don't get why they were being secretive of it in the first place.

Choose your own adventure:

a)
After CBOAT's info that PS4 versions of multiplat games were being not overtly mentioned due to a moneyhat by MS, it's possible Activision was moneyhatted by MS to delay the announcement for CoDU in order to collect the most potential preorders from multiplatform owners. MS already has CoD's DLC moneyhatted and they pretty much put the most effort into making CoD look like a Bone exclusive.

b)
Treyarch needed to hire in more contractors to assist in the porting before they could publically commit

c)
communism

Top Bottom