• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coke Zero Is Dead. Long Live 'Coca-Cola No Sugar'

Pepsi Max is fantastic. I put it above regular coke zero, but put Cherry Coke zero above both because of the cherry flavor. If Pepsi Max cherry were available in my market I imagine it would take the top spot for me.

The best was the Pepsi Max Cease Fire which was pretty Pepsi Max + Lime

Joeytj

Banned
We've already went through this in Mexico a couple of months back. I was a big Coke Zero fan for when I went to the movies and bottled water was more expensive than anything.

But, so far, the No Sugar version tastes the same, or almost the same and there haven't been any complaints, people are buying it just the same. No big deal, although Coke Zero promised "zero calories", while that's not exactly the same with No Sugar, although it has almost no calories as well.

Whatever, just drink water y'all.

border

I am mostly astounded by the stupid, stupid name. "Coca Cola No Sugar" is so lazy. Anybody watching their sugar/calorie intake is going to know which sodas are diet. They're not so ignorant that they need to be specifically instructed which drink does not contain sugar.

Might as well have called it "Coca Cola Drink This Instead, Fatso."

Sini

I've never tried Zero so I might seek it out before it disappears. But I'll probably just forget about all this in a hour because I drink maybe 12l of soda per year.

Davey Cakes

Whatever, just drink water y'all.
I'm a human being with a palate. Sometimes I want to drink something that has flavor, satiates my sweet tooth and isn't full of sugar.

I may drink diet beverages but I also drink water, seltzer, coffee, tea, and almond milk. I like to change it up.

Pepsi Max is fantastic. I put it above regular coke zero, but put Cherry Coke zero above both because of the cherry flavor. If Pepsi Max cherry were available in my market I imagine it would take the top spot for me.

I had Pepsi Max Cherry while in London a couple of months ago. Best soda ever.

-MB-

Recently had a can of Pepsi Max Cherry, and I did not like the taste of it at all ( I don't like the taste of Pepsi in general).
They started selling CC Zero Cherry here recently too, and I love it, it be a shame if they stopped making it.

I believe that Pepsi Max is formulated differently between US and Europe as well, and is now known in the states as Pepsi Zero Sugar.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Diet Coke is fine but Zero tastes better. Cherry Zero is the best though however it sucks at the Freestyle machine because of the cherry flavoring difference. Diet Pepsi and Max used to be good until they changed the recipe/aspartame change.. tastes horrible after the switch.

Dont care about name change.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Do you think aspartame or sucralose is cheaper than HFCS?

lol this plus the "Coke Zero tastes like asshole" guy: Some dramatic-ass people in this thread.
I wasn't being overly dramatic though, whatever sugar substitute used in Pepsi Max has a distinct, moldy taste, it's barely there, so it does taste good until you notice it, I would be completely down with Max if I didn't get that horrid aftertaste lol.

How is my personal subjective experience dramatic? Is it because you feel it doesn't fit within your view of the world and the importance of Pepsi Max? Who's really dramatic here ;P

kudoboi

Coke Zero does have aspartame. Where in the world does it not have aspartame?
P2260782.jpg

The ones in Singapore don't seem to have it

Chojin

The ones in Singapore don't seem to have it

Same in the Philippines. Think its just sucralose. Though honestly only places I seem to reliably get Coke Zero is here in Atlanta or the Philippines.

Back in south Dakota its diet coke if they're carrying coke products at all. I noticed that in California as well.

Alienfan

Not sure if anyone has gotten a chance to try this yet, but it definitely tastes different from coke zero. I'd describe it as watered down regular coke, that smells a bit like Dr Pepper. It's the closet a diet soft drink has tastes to real sugar

Chuckie

Good news: Seems I was right. In Europe, the new version is called Coca Cola Zero Sugar (not Coca Cola No Sugar) and it was introduced late last year, pretty much without anyone noticing.

https://translate.google.com/transl...urch-neue-sorte-52111164.bild.html&edit-text=

So that's it, no need to worry. We'll still have Coke Zero (and with better taste), it'll just have a different name in some locations.

You are right. I hadn't even noticed it.

I also found out there is this:

I might try that one.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Tried it today. The aftertaste ruins it for me. My colleague also mentioned a strong aftertaste. I'll continue drinking Coke Zero.

Replicant

Tried it as well today. It tastes like normal Coke that I can't help but wonder if I'm actually drinking sugar. Fizziness/Carbonation is a lot stronger and closer to actual Coke than Coke Zero.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Tried it today. The aftertaste ruins it for me. My colleague also mentioned a strong aftertaste. I'll continue drinking Coke Zero.

Until they completely pull it, which is what they're working towards.

I tried this yesterday, was surprised at how much I liked it. And I had just gotten used to Coke Zero.

EDIT: And now after drinking the Zero Sugar I suddenly can't stand the taste of Zero. Odd.

Giolon

Tried it side by side with Coke Zero, and to me they taste the same except Zero Sugar must taste sweeter by drinking old Coke Zero afterwards made it taste bad all of a sudden. They both have the same weird artificial sugar aftertaste.

I'll still stick with regular Coke as long as I can.

Resurrecting because Coke No Sugar finally came to my town.
Just taste tested against Pepsi Max, which I vastly preferred to old Coke Zero and...

I think we got a winner! Its close, but I think I prefer coke, either way, its a big improvement over zero imo

witness

Found a 20oz a few days ago, and as much as I loved Coke Zero....this is much better! Pretty damm close to OG Coke and a much more subtle after taste. Hope this gets out to stores and restaurants quickly.

Tried a bottle of it yesterday. It was... okay. Tasted basically like Coke Zero, albeit with a little more of a traditional Coke aftertaste. Still need to try it out of a can tho.

Feep

Banned
I couldn't directly compare, but I had a bottle of Zero Sugar today and it tasted exactly like Coke Zero. I never would have noticed the difference, sans label.

TheZink

To me it tastes like Coke Zero with the aftertaste of Diet Coke(which is disgusting). I prefer the old formula personally.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
The whole point of Coke Zero was to release a No Sugar Coke that tasted like Coke. It didnt achieve that. The whole advertisement campaign for Zero was Its Coke but without sugar.

See, to me, it tastes like regular Coke.

This new replacement is garbage, and I've already decided to hard pass after trying it a few times. It just sucks.

I've gone through two 12-packs of cans, and 8 20-oz bottles since this came out.

The taste and mouthfeel is closer to regular Coke, and is much more smooth without that strange biting chemically aftertaste that Coke Zero has. They knocked it out of the park with this.

Top Bottom