• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 2| - Directional schools: Pay to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
lmao

03NR1Lg.png

HC5mSlo.png

He has an offer from WSU ;) it would suck to watch a game like that and hear the crowd booing your future team. Doesn't make it seem very appealing. Add in a terrible coach that the crowd is chanting they want fired.

cajunator

Banned
Got back from LSU game a little while ago. Stayed in the club lounge. Damn what a nice place. The food is amazing in there.
Anyway we left after 3rd quarter with the team up 49-17. At that point its pretty much over without any chance for UAB to catch up. I have to say the LSU offense is going to be quite good this year. Solid passing game and a functional running game, though not quite as strong as the past couple years. Zach is better able to air it out so they rely less on the ground game. LSU is going to be pretty good overall and a much better chance against Alabama with this offense. Zach had some pretty great numbers like 16/19 for 300 yards and 5 TDs or osme craziness. a school record.

Really wishy I could have seen the usc game :/

I don't see why. You can get all the pleasure of the game from seeing the scoreboard afterward. The game itself was insanely boring. Wazzu's offense only put up 3 points, and that was enough to win. That should tell you everything.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
But Notre Dame isn't really afraid of you. That was just Hoke talking out of his sizable ass.

They just don't really give a shit about you. They've played Purdue and MSU twice as often as they've played you.

So if a team had the choice between playing you and the Bobcats every year you wouldn't think less of them for choosing to play the Mac school? Because that's basically what The Scissor Lift Assassin and his band of cunts chose to do.

Jay Sosa

How dare they change their coverages! Madness I say!

If Kiffin doesn't get fired now (and gets another gig within 2 years) we can all assume he has some kind of dirt on every college and franchise there is.

In another news I just should've stay banned. Think I scored like a 1 on my pick'em test.

Cyan, did the press constantly mispronounce Pendergast's name while he was at Cal as well?

I don't think I heard them say his name right all game. I kept hearing "Pendergrass" or "Splendaglass" or "Fenderbass" or "Henderson" or whatever other crazy thing they could think up.

I'm happy that my team beat ND, but I'm looking at the BIG conference and i'm not excited to watch any BIG conference games. The SEC has way more exciting match ups than any other league; even their non-ranked matc hups are interesting.

Go Blue.

At this point I'm most excited for a possible "23-0 Urban Meyer vs. Brady Hoke, 20-0 at home." That shit would be sick. And that's to say nothing of @PSU, @MSU, hosting Nebraska and @Northwestern. I'd say there's plenty of fun left, even if the schedule is a little soft.

So if a team had the choice between playing you and the Bobcats every year you wouldn't think less of them for choosing to play the Mac school? Because that's basically what The Scissor Lift Assassin and his band of cunts chose to do.

Why would I think less of Notre Dame for choosing Purdue over you when Purdue has beaten us more often in the past decade than you have?

Schmitty

Oh get the fuck over yourself - no "legitimate" team is afraid of you either. What's your point? Nevermind, I know your schtick - bash Michigan every chance you get because hurrrrrrrrr rivalry.

Your attitude is trash and you're not even fun to talk shit with. You're callous, rude and uninteresting.

Have a great season.

leave bert alone! he's just grumpy his team can't deliver in the bowl games.

Well it's officially game week. Playing at Penn St. Kind of wish I can go since I'll likely now have to miss the USCe game but I'm going to try to hold out for next year in Ireland and not spend money traveling this year.

If our OLine does a better job and actually gives Blake Bortles some time to throw, I would be confident we will get the W with little issue. If they can't block then it should be a close game.

UCF has never started the season 3-0 in history from what I understand. So hope the team doesn't get nervous or anything either. I know it was a bit of an issue last year against Ohio State.

Well it's officially game week. Playing at Penn St. Kind of wish I can go since I'll likely now have to miss the USCe game but I'm going to try to hold out for next year in Ireland and not spend money traveling this year.

If our OLine does a better job and actually gives Blake Bortles some time to throw, I would be confident we will get the W with little issue. If they can't block then it should be a close game.

UCF has never started the season 3-0 in history from what I understand. So hope the team doesn't get nervous or anything either. I know it was a bit of an issue last year against Ohio State.

You dont want to go to Penn st, ever.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The player trying to half-ass break it up with one arm is pure gold.
What makes it even more bizarre, if I remember correctly, is that the argument was between defensive coaches and occurred right after SCAR forced a 3 and out.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Nice start to this Jared Goff kid's career. 930 yards passing already. Freshman.

Looks like Mayfield currently leads the Big 12 in completions, attempts, passing yards, and passing touchdowns, and he didn't play the second half against SFA. True freshman having some good early success under Leach proteges.

Nice start to this Jared Goff kid's career. 930 yards passing already. Freshman.
He's going to put up some good numbers this season both because of the offense and since he's playing well. It'll be interesting to see how he does once he faces some better defenses, but so far he's looking good. Yesterday went pretty well aside from a couple of awkward fumbles and a period in the 3rd-4th quarter when he missed a few long throws in a row.

Main problem for Cal this year is going to be the defense. They're missing 4-5 of their best players, and the second string guys they brought in don't seem to know what they're doing. I think Cal will be in a bunch of high scoring games this year but end up losing most of them by multiple touchdowns.

Devin Gardner: Play of the Year.

AP Poll

1 Alabama (57) 1,494
2 Oregon (1) 1,385
3 Clemson (1) 1,332
4 Ohio State (1) 1,327
5 Stanford 1,271
6 Texas A&M 1,133
7 Louisville 1,105
8 LSU 1,075
9 Georgia 1,036
10 Florida State 1,011
11 Michigan 872
12 Oklahoma State 834
13 South Carolina 829
14 Oklahoma 675
15 Miami (FL) 615
16 UCLA 488
17 Northwestern 452
18 Florida 405
19 Washington 392
20 Wisconsin 378
21 Notre Dame 333
22 Baylor 295
23 Nebraska 277
24 TCU 170
25 Mississippi 78

Coaches' Poll

1 Alabama 1545 (58)
2 Oregon 1447 (1)
3 Ohio St. 1429 (2)
4 Stanford 1327
5 Clemson 1307
6 Texas A&M 1242 (1)
7 Louisville 1121
8 LSU 1067
9 Florida St. 1040
10 Georgia 1021
11 Oklahoma St. 866
12 Michigan 860
13 Oklahoma 800
14 South Carolina 788
15 Nebraska 478
16 Northwestern 473
17 UCLA 471
18 Wisconsin 455
18 Miami 455
20 Florida 410
21 Notre Dame 348
22 Baylor 297
23 Washington 253
24 TCU 195
25 Mississippi 91

Others Receiving Votes
Michigan State 74; Fresno State 59; Arizona State 48; Texas 38; Northern Illinois 27; Arizona 21; Brigham Young 18; Arkansas 16; Georgia Tech 12; Virginia Tech 8; Texas Tech 7; Central Florida 6; East Carolina 6; Southern California 5; Bowling Green 3; Illinois 3; Kansas State 3; Boise State 2; Tennessee 2; Utah 2; Utah State 2; Boston College 1; Rutgers 1.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Coaches' Poll

1 Alabama 1545 (58)
2 Oregon 1447 (1)
3 Ohio St. 1429 (2)
4 Stanford 1327
5 Clemson 1307
6 Texas A&M 1242 (1)
7 Louisville 1121
8 LSU 1067
9 Florida St. 1040
10 Georgia 1021
11 Oklahoma St. 866
12 Michigan 860
13 Oklahoma 800
14 South Carolina 788
15 Nebraska 478
16 Northwestern 473
17 UCLA 471
18 Wisconsin 455
18 Miami 455
20 Florida 410
21 Notre Dame 348
22 Baylor 297
23 Washington 253
24 TCU 195
25 Mississippi 91

Others Receiving Votes
Michigan State 74; Fresno State 59; Arizona State 48; Texas 38; Northern Illinois 27; Arizona 21; Brigham Young 18; Arkansas 16; Georgia Tech 12; Virginia Tech 8; Texas Tech 7; Central Florida 6; East Carolina 6; Southern California 5; Bowling Green 3; Illinois 3; Kansas State 3; Boise State 2; Tennessee 2; Utah 2; Utah State 2; Boston College 1; Rutgers 1.
:jnc

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Tech had 70 players dressed out yesterday and played 65 of them. Something like 10 true freshmen have played this season, with at least one more that will play but who is dinged up right now. Trying to get a lot of experience in early, apparently.

Westonian

Good to see Texas drop out of top 25. We shouldn't have any polls until after week 4. Preseason polls have too much influence throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom