• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 2| - Directional schools: Pay to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I guess traditions are good..............right?

http://deadspin.com/western-michiga...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

ku-medium.gif
Auburn and the Gus Bus also started a new post-game celebration tradition:

Fuck me I just got a work assignment in Gainesville for September 28th - the day of the UCF - South Carolina game. Hoping now the game is at night so I will be able to drive down..... Goddamnit.

GAF Pick'em Week 2 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 4
Florida @ Miami by 2
South Florida @ Michigan State by 10
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 4
Oregon @ Virginia by 6
South Carolina @ Georgia by 3
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 4
Navy @ Indiana by 8
Texas @ BYU by 7
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 12
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 8
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 4

mre

Fellow Bama fans:

We just picked up a commitment from Cameron Robinson!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Max Bielfeldt ‏@MaxBielfeldt44 5h
Stephen M Ross just donated $200 million to U of M. $100 mil to the athletic department and $100 mil to the B-school. #goblue

andycapps

I seriously read that as being about Tha U at first, and was going to crack a joke about yachts and strippers. Then I went, "wait, does Tha U even have a business school?"

Was thinking that too until I saw the go blue thing and realized that they were talking about Michigan.

xeris

GAF Pick'em Week 2 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

Florida @ Miami by 4
South Florida @ Michigan State by 11
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 7
Oregon @ Virginia by 6
South Carolina @ Georgia by 4
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 7
Navy @ Indiana by 6
Texas @ BYU by 7
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 12
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 10
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 4 for my wishful thinking pick of the week.

I just got an email from UT today asking for a donation, or as they like to call it a "gift". They're trying to raise $3 billion for some project that I can't afford to help them out with. At least give me time to pay back my student loans before you beg me for donations damn

I just got an email from UT today asking for a donation, or as they like to call it a "gift". They're trying to raise $3 billion for some project that I can't afford to help them out with. At least give me time to pay back my student loans before you beg me for donations damn

Literally 2 weeks after I graduated I started getting phone calls asking if wanted to donate.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

I started getting calls 2 months after graduation. I get about 10 calls a year from some poor undergrad.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 7
Florida @ Miami by 17
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 21
Oregon @ Virginia by 24
South Carolina @ Georgia by 7
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 4
Navy @ Indiana by 3
Texas @ BYU by 10
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 14
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 28
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 7

I started getting calls 2 months after graduation. I get about 10 calls a year from some poor undergrad.

The undergrads still call, but they call my parents instead of me. They are finally realizing most recent grads are either in an immense amount of debt, or unemployed, so they are making a heavy push on the parents of students/grads.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
120828_t_boone_pickens_ap_605.jpg

"$200 million? That's adorable."

Just curious what is the most Pickens has ever donated at once?

I seriously read that as being about Tha U at first, and was going to crack a joke about yachts and strippers. Then I went, "wait, does Tha U even have a business school?"

The business school at Michigan is called the Stephen M Ross School of Business. So this isn't his first donation but I'm pretty sure it's biggest.

EDIT: Not sure what his other athletic donations have been but this is his second donation of 100 mil to the business school.

andycapps

I think they owe more than that to former coaches.

Well the good thing for them is they might actually generate a profit this year due to Fulmer dropping off the books in 2012, I believe. I'm not sure if Bruce Pearl is still being paid or any of their other firings.

Bruce Fellows said:
Just curious what is the most Pickens has ever donated at once?

Probably the $165 million he donated in 2005.

Jeff-DSA

PICKS!

Florida @ Miami by 7
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 10
Oregon @ Virginia by 24
South Carolina @ Georgia by 3
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 10
Navy @ Indiana by 13
Texas @ BYU by 3
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 17
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 14
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 6

I don't pick against BYU, so whatever.

Jay Sosa

Every f...reaking time. CFB season starts and I'm banned and lose important points in my quest to finally claim the Pick'em crown.

But anyways here we go:

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 1
Florida @ Miami by 1
South Florida @ Michigan State by 5
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 7
Oregon @ Virginia by 12
South Carolina @ Georgia by 9
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 14
Navy @ Indiana by 1
Texas @ BYU by 3
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 14
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 3 (wuhaha)
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 14

Btw..do any of you guys know any good internet radio stations that broadcast the bigger games?

and obviously hi to everyone :D

Go gators

mre

Hey, look. It's AJ McCarron's mom and girl friend in a not-at-all creepy and photoshopped-to-hell magazine cover:

Somebody restrain Musberger.

Every f...reaking time. CFB season starts and I'm banned and lose important points in my quest to finally claim the Pick'em crown.

But anyways here we go:

Btw..do any of you guys know any good internet radio stations that broadcast the bigger games?

and obviously hi to everyone :D

Go gators

pm ttk your email if you're a ban risk. thats what i did last year

Talon

Hey, look. It's AJ McCarron's mom and girl friend in a not-at-all creepy and photoshopped-to-hell magazine cover:

Somebody restrain Musberger.
I refuse to believe that is actually the cover of the magazine. Did they use Word to do the layout?

mre

I refuse to believe that is actually the cover of the magazine. Did they use Word to do the layout?
I believe it's a local Mobile magazine, so it's entirely possibly that they did use publisher.

Meier

It went to staff too. I was surprised there wasn't a hashtag anywhere in the email.. come on Bill, get with the times. #homestretch

75% of a $3 billion goal ain't so bad.

Meier

From 1st Presbyterian in Athens, GA.

http://i.imgur.com/pRdjq18.jpg[img]

:jnc[/QUOTE]

That's pretty great.

By the way, regarding Malzahn and the Waffle House. That could be a legit family tradition. I've actually only been once since I'm not a total redneck (Went on the drive home from Atlanta when I was in college. Friends and I went to a concert there and stayed at my brother's place and then drove back the next morning. The waitress asked us why we weren't in school right now, lol) but considering there is essentially one at every exit from an interstate in the South, I could see how he might have grown up going.

Talon

I like Waffle House - I grew up in Georgia, how could I not? - but it does bother me that this big chain has subsumed the hometown, short order diners in an entire region of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom