• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought USC turned down Petersen cos they are dumb?

I thought they went after him to replace Pete Carroll and he said no because sanctions and not wanting to live in LA. Then they didnt talk to him when it came time to replace Kiffin.

Who knows though, USC is dysfunction personified.

Today in stupid Rutgers controversies:

http://deadspin.com/rutgers-student-tailgate-shut-down-after-ad-chugs-a-bee-1786876482

Never thought I would see the day that Deadspin became Your Father's Website of Choice.

Seriously, though, I don't get the big deal about the AD taking a sip of beer at a school sponsored tailgating event.

Don't we want our people in positions of authority to be slightly accessible? I think a sip of beer accomplishes that. Hell, I wouldn't have minded if he shotgunned it or took a shot.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Harbs was on Dan Patrick today, for some reason Dan said something about Urban drinking 1% milk and harbs responded by saying:

"we refuse to drink the candy-ass skim milk or the 1 percent. we won't have any of that"

WTF is going on lol

he's right tho

whole milk or bust motherfuckers

Hopefully this Trogan circus continues all season!! We'll have a chance in the crosstown rivalry.

Also another note I'm ok with the amount of correct picks I had. Thought it would he way worse than that.

Uh yeah, he's going to be gone. You think Petrino feels any loyalty for any program he's at? Nope

Good grief, the man is a scandal machine, dishonest and yet still keeps getting jobs. Probably only a huge scandal will cause him to not get any more offers. (Only knew about the Atlanta and Arkansas messes)

FyreWulff

I like both 2% and Whole. I can tell the difference between that and 1% / skim. Skim basically tastes like shitty powdered milk.

I used to work with someone at the City who swore they couldn't taste the difference between skim and 2% so they just bought skim. They must have had dead taste buds, I can practically tell you which company made you the milk that you just handed me...

Roberts/Hiland > Aldi >> Land O Lakes >>> Hy Vee > >>>>>>> Great Value >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [9999999 >s] Price First

Karl2177

Hopefully this Trogan circus continues all season!! We'll have a chance in the crosstown rivalry.

Also another note I'm ok with the amount of correct picks I had. Thought it would he way worse than that.
I was surprised. There was a lot of variation, but yet there was a bunch of 8s and 9s.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Joey KaufmanVerified account
‏@joeyrkaufman
Clay Helton said he recognized USC had eight players on the field for an extra point against Stanford, but didn't want to use a timeout.

Jordan_Laugh.gif

I thought they went after him to replace Pete Carroll and he said no because sanctions and not wanting to live in LA. Then they didnt talk to him when it came time to replace Kiffin.

Who knows though, USC is dysfunction personified.

Yeah, from what I recall Peterson turned down USC because of LA.

Part of it is also that the pac-12 has gotten a lot more competitive since he originally turned down USC with the TV money which is why I think he finally went to Washington (that and it is a much better fit for him).

Either way, I love seeing USC be so dysfunctional.

Ganhyun

Hoping Ole Miss is still too heartbroken by blowing two 20 point leads already this year to put up a fight against UGA.

Nebraska won't go undefeated with its issues on the OL/DL. But if it did, there's almost no chance it could get locked out from the playoff with wins over Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Oregon and the B1G East champ. (Red Kool Aid is strong after beating Oregon, but the Ducks had 4 freshman OL playing most of the game, and a disastrous front 7 on defense... they're good, but they can't really expose Nebraska's weaknesses)

I think the stretch goal for the Huskers right now is the Rose Bowl.
Remember that this discussion was within the fantastical hypothetical that the Huskers were undefeated. I know it's unlikely, but FyreWulff's comment that "We're not going to the playoffs even if we win out." was absurd.

Haven't been posting as much as I'd like as work has been flat out.

Loving the Louisville and Lamar Jackson hype train. I'm on board.

Would be funny to see a Louisville v The U ACC final this year.

Also, THe U's retro uniforms look sweet!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Tren'Davian Dickson, true freshman 4 star WR that originally signed with Baylor (January enrollee) but transferred to Houston after everything went down, has now left Houston.

Look out for him and Stidham to reunite with Kam Martin at Auburn next season after Malzahn gets the axe and Briles moves in. :jnc

bpfd

Haven't been posting as much as I'd like as work has been flat out.

Loving the Louisville and Lamar Jackson hype train. I'm on board.

Would be funny to see a Louisville v The U ACC final this year.

Also, THe U's retro uniforms look sweet!

How many bandwagons are you gonna jump on lol?

Draxal

Eh, life's too short to be a fan of bad football, if you don't have a tie to the team, team hopping fine for a furriner.

Really seems like they lucked out with Pete Carroll being a slam dunk. Outside of Pete they've been a dumpster fire.

If you ask some of their alumni it's been a black hole since John Robinson left aside from lucking into Pete Carroll. In the 80s they turned into modern day Nebraska and in the 90s they fell off the map entirely.

cashman

Banned
How many bandwagons are you gonna jump on lol?

Everybody kinda just jumps on chicko when he picks a new team, so its kinda hard for him to settle on a team.

If you ask some of their alumni it's been a black hole since John Robinson left aside from lucking into Pete Carroll. In the 80s they turned into modern day Nebraska and in the 90s they fell off the map entirely.

It's not like Carroll was even considered a home run hire at the time too.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Everybody kinda just jumps on chicko when he picks a new team, so its kinda hard for him to settle on a team.

That's part of the package when picking a school with a pedophilia scandal, a school that is responsible for killing a kid, a school with a notoriously racist history that's probably also about to get nailed by sanctions.

He doesn't have any real ties to those schools, so he just needs to pick better.

He wants to pick an underdog with potential, that's popular enough that he could watch games down there. TBH Nebraska could be a good team for him since they seem to be on the upswing.

Like I've told him before, pick a team and stick with it.

Eh, life's too short to be a fan of bad football, if you don't have a tie to the team, team hopping fine for a furriner.

I think Draxal's comment sums up my sentiments. I don't have any ties to any team, but I like watching good football.

How can you not get excited when watching Louisville smashing FSU?

or The U possibly becoming better than Georgia after sacking Richt?

or Harbaugh and his antics making Michigan a contender so quickly?

That's the stuff I like about college football.

If you dont feel the pain as well, whats the point!

Because I follow other sports, and have other teams which I am a long time fan of which has brought me plenty of misery over the years.

I get my sports pain from my Australian Rules football team I follow (just knocked out of the finals last week, haven't won the competition in 20 years ...).

My EPL team, Sunderland, is shite and probably wont survive but I stick with them (my first Christmas was spent in Sunderland).

There is a little bit of that as well.

When I first came to this forum, I asked which team I should support and people told me Boise St. They are barely in the news and never get shown on TV in Australia, so I couldn't really follow them.

ACC, SEC and Big 10 are the conferences which get shown most in Australia, as well as most Notre Dame games, so it makes sense I follow a team from one of those. But why only one? That would be boring. So I pretty much support the teams which play against Bama, tOSU, Clemson and FSU. I also don't like Michigan St, Wisconsin (Joel Stave - choker!), UNC, Florida and Auburn as they have cost me heaps of money on bets.

AntoneM

I think Draxal's comment sums up my sentiments. I don't have any ties to any team, but I like watching good football.

Because I follow other sports, and have other teams which I am a long time fan of which has brought me plenty of misery over the years.

I get my sports pain from my Australian Rules football team I follow (just knocked out of the finals last week, haven't won the competition in 20 years ...).

My EPL team, Sunderland, is shite and probably wont survive but I stick with them (my first Christmas was spent in Sunderland).

When I first came to this forum, I asked which team I should support and people told me Boise St. They are barely in the news and never get shown on TV in Australia, so I couldn't really follow them.

ACC, SEC and Big 10 are the conferences which get shown most in Australia, as well as most Notre Dame games, so it makes sense I follow a team from one of those. But why only one? That would be boring. So I pretty much support the teams which play against Bama, tOSU, Clemson and FSU. I also don't like Michigan St, Wisconsin (Joel Stave - choker!), UNC, Florida and Auburn as they have cost me heaps of money on bets.

And yet, the only conference to play a game on your home soil is the Pac 12.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I pretty much support the teams which play against Bama, tOSU, Clemson and FSU. I also don't like Michigan St, Wisconsin (Joel Stave - choker!), UNC, Florida and Auburn as they have cost me heaps of money on bets.

You are good people. You do you!

As another mentioned, hop on this Nebraska bandwagon, we are an up-and-coming program! :p

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

You do you and pick the teams you want to root for and have fun with it. We just reserve the right to give you shit over your selection. :p

Edit: unless you pick Tennessee, in which case, fuck you.

Edit 2: awkward using the same phrase as the poster above me, but oh well.

andycapps

Chicko, congrats on the new team. We give you crap for picking a new team every month or so, but it's all in fun.

Unless you pick Georgia Tech again. Then we'll have words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom