• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Messi

Remind me, was it Remender who was supposed to be the main mutant writer post-Secret Wars with the school on Asteroid M or another planet before he quit?

Did we close down the discord?

I have nothing to do with any discords.

He was rumoured to be doing that.

PsychBat!

Banned
I would have been more than okay with that. Well, except for his Rogue. Didn't much care for the perpetual rage machine she was during his UA

Magneto's space base. Got blown up during Morrison's run and I don't know if it's come back.

Pretty sure Asteroid M came back as Utopia

Sandfox

Spencer may be a good idea on Spider-Man after all.
But he has never actually written the character, right?
It would be interesting to see how Spencer handled a Spider-Man book.

I would have been more than okay with that. Well, except for his Rogue. Didn't much care for the perpetual rage machine she was during his UA

Magneto's space base. Got blown up during Morrison's run and I don't know if it's come back.
I'm pretty confident Remender hated Cyclops lol.

k68Vlx6.gif

WVUbG3g.png

Ok, so he used his mouth to flick his thumb. I thought he bit it. I couldn't tell from the manga.

Still badass.

Malyse

Wait. Why doesn't Nico have her metal arm?
Code:
[IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/6/63/Nico_Minoru_%28Earth-616%29_from_A-Force_Vol_2_8_001.png/revision/latest?cb=20160817223848[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/4/49/Runaways_Vol_5_1.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe this is picking up between Runaways v3 and Avengers Arena (which would also put Victor back in play)/

Kind of random question, but has Checkmate shown up in the Rebirth universe yet? Sasha Bordeaux? Or was that last Checkmate reboot so much Rucka's baby that nobody else wants to touch it?

yeah, it ain't as good overall but there's still a bunch of issues that are all-timers

also if you get through the not-Princess Diana arc that's a bit over half way through the run you should know that's pretty much the worst it ever gets and that it ends very strong

So I just started this. What is it even going on? And why is it this long?

Kind of random question, but has Checkmate shown up in the Rebirth universe yet? Sasha Bordeaux? Or was that last Checkmate reboot so much Rucka's baby that nobody else wants to touch it?

Sasha is a recurring character in Wonder Woman Rebirth. Also, Maxwell Lord was the main antagonist in the Justice League versus Suicide Squad crossover.

Wait. Why doesn't Nico have her metal arm?
Code:
[IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/6/63/Nico_Minoru_%28Earth-616%29_from_A-Force_Vol_2_8_001.png/revision/latest?cb=20160817223848[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/4/49/Runaways_Vol_5_1.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe this is picking up between Runaways v3 and Avengers Arena (which would also put Victor back in play)/
Think they've mentioned they're pretty much going to ignore everything since Avengers Arena.

Mafro

Remind me, was it Remender who was supposed to be the main mutant writer post-Secret Wars with the school on Asteroid M or another planet before he quit?

Did we close down the discord?
Apparently he was meant to be on Extraordinary X-Men and that team would be the one still on Earth while all the other mutants were on another planet or moon or something because of the Terrigen Mist.

reading war of kings
*no, but, for reals, why is maximus such a dick?*
reads up on background story, learns he was always a dick, but BB drove him insane
continues reading
*wots this about Alpha Primitives*
reads a bit more
TIL Inhumans have only very goddamn recently stopped being slavers.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Apparently he was meant to be on Extraordinary X-Men and that team would be the one still on Earth while all the other mutants were on another planet or moon or something because of the Terrigen Mist.

Sounds terrible. Though no more terrible than what we actually got.

reading war of kings
reads up on background story, learns he was always a dick, but BB drove him insane
continues reading
reads a bit more
The inhumans suck. Reminder that they convinced Ben Grimm that Lockjaw could talk and shook his understanding of them just as a joke.

frye

So I just started this. What is it even going on? And why is it this long?

Originally that character was supposed to be Actual Princess Diana and they really emphasized that in the promotion but then British tabloids raised a huff about it so Marvel got scared and nixed the story so it ended up being rewritten.

In interviews in early 2015, Remender said that he would be taking over a major Marvel franchise post-Secret Wars. He never confirmed that was EXM, but there haven't been any rumors to the contrary, either.

Black Hammer is that good, huh? What's it basically about?

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised by how much I love it.

Partly it's a case of art and writing matching well. The old-timey colouring and the sketch-y pencils. Partly I think it's a writer channeling his strengths though intriguing concepts. At its foundation, it's part mystery, part character study. Silver age type heroes sent out to pasture, like, literally. I find the world immersive, and the screwball group of characters, charming.

IDW linewide sale! Code: IDW17

Which are the "good" Godzilla books?

Good night, leaving for Sweden tomorrow so I'll be missing most of the day~

So I bought a set of the DC Deck Building game, and it seems cool.
reading war of kings
continues reading
reads a bit more
Yeah the Alpha Primitives thing is...complicated...
It happened during this:

Cyclops raised Asteroid M and renamed it Utopia

Oh so THAT'S what Utopia is.

Sick.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
More fishes:

X-Men Classic Omnibus:
COLLECTING: BACKUP STORIES AND NEW PAGES FROM CLASSIC X-MEN 1-44; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL FANFARE (1982) 60

Absolute Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang Vol. 2
Collects issues #19-35 of WONDER WOMAN in an oversized Absolute Edition format, complete with a new slipcase and bonus material!

DC Meets Looney Tunes
Collects BATMAN/ELMER FUDD SPECIAL #1, SUPERMAN/BUG BUNNY #1-4, JONAH HEX/YOSEMITE SAM SPECIAL #1, LEGION OF SUPERHEROES/BUGS BUNNY SPECIAL #1, LOBO/ROAD RUNNER SPECIAL #1, MARTIAN MANHUNTER/MARVIN THE MARTIAN SPECIAL #1, WONDER WOMAN/TASMANIAN DEVIL SPECIAL #1.

Superman: President Luthor (New Edition)
Critically acclaimed author Jeph Loeb (BATMAN: HUSH) includes his best Superman and Lex Luthor stories in SUPERMAN: PRESIDENT LUTHOR. Collects PRESIDENT LUTHOR: SECRET FILES & ORIGINS #1, SUPERMAN: LEX 2000 #1, SUPERMAN #162-165, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #581 and #583, SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #108-110, LEX LUTHOR: THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY #1.
About time. Took them far to long to recognize that they could cash in on Trump with that book.

Super Powers by Jack Kirby
Collects SUPER POWERS Vol. 1 #1-5 and SUPER POWERS Vol. 2 #1-6, originally published from 1984-1986.

Adam Strange: The Man of Two Worlds Deluxe Edition
Collects ADAM STRANGE #1-3, WHO'S WHO IN THE DC UNIVERSE #6 in hardcover edition for the first time ever!

Robin Year One Deluxe Edition
Collects ROBIN: YEAR ONE #1-4.

Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1
These hard-to-find tales are now re-cut and collected in their entirety! Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #359, #363, #369, #371, #384-386, #388-389, #392-393, #396-397, #400-401, #404-424, #481-499, #501-502, #505-506, #508-510, #512-519, BATMAN #197 and BATMAN FAMILY #1, #3-7 and #9-20.

Justice League: The Detroit Era Omnibus
These hard-to-get stories are finally collected here in their entirety in AQUAMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA. Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #233-261, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA ANNUAL #2, INFINITY INC. #19, JLA CLASSIFIED #14-16 and #22-25 and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA RETROACTIVE #1.

-------------

Also, I wonder whats supposed to be in the Marvel Legacy OHC. Its 512 pages. Gonna preorder it anyway, cause its right now at 33€

Also, looks like Fall of Parker is gonna be a three issue arc - the Vol. 7 trade only collects the Secret Empire Tie In + #789, #790 and #791.

I wonder why. Maybe because they dont want the next trade to have mixed writers? ;)

Also, Captain America: The Adventures of Captain America by Fabian Nicieza gets a rerelease. Normally, that means that the current published will somehow tie into that story... Any interesting tibits about that book?

Sandfox

More fishes:

X-Men Classic Omnibus:

Absolute Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang Vol. 2

DC Meets Looney Tunes

Superman: President Luthor (New Edition)

About time. Took them far to long to recognize that they could cash in on Trump with that book.

Super Powers by Jack Kirby

Adam Strange: The Man of Two Worlds Deluxe Edition

Robin Year One Deluxe Edition

Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1

Justice League: The Detroit Era Omnibus

-------------

Also, I wonder whats supposed to be in the Marvel Legacy OHC. Its 512 pages. Gonna preorder it anyway, cause its right now at 33€

Also, looks like Fall of Parker is gonna be a three issue arc - the Vol. 7 trade only collects the Secret Empire Tie In + #789, #790 and #791.

I wonder why. Maybe because they dont want the next trade to have mixed writers? ;)

Also, Captain America: The Adventures of Captain America by Fabian Nicieza gets a rerelease. Normally, that means that the current published will somehow tie into that story... Any interesting tibits about that book?

Dan Slott doesn't do long arcs. Don't expect anything longer than four issues outside of the big spider-events

Adventures of Captain America is a retelling of his origin.

Managed to see homecoming over the weekend and got to say the nailed it, was a great film. Tom Holland is a great spider-man, manages to do that nervous self deprecating humour better than Andrew Garfield and possibly even Maguire. Also liked how he was still starting up and learning to be spider-man with all the funny mistakes that entails. Was funny pretty much all the way through. Plus they made a version of vulture where the suit was actually damn cool which I never thought they'd manage in a movie version.

Only complaint I'd have was
that they went too overboard on his spider suit tech, gets to a point if you have so many gadgets your pretty much just another iron man. Though I give them a bit of lee way as they used it as part of the story where the point was is he still spider man without all the gadgets starks given him.

Makes me wonder with the success homecoming is having whether they'll try and launch another high school spider man series. I know they have miles man, but that doesn't have the associated parker name and the new peter parker spider man series has him at his current older age.

Only complaint I'd have was
that they went too overboard on his spider suit tech, gets to a point if you have so many gadgets your pretty much just another iron man. Though I give them a bit of lee way as they used it as part of the story where the point was is he still spider man without all the gadgets starks given him.

I totally agree!

Top Bottom