• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

More fishes:

X-Men Classic Omnibus:

Absolute Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang Vol. 2

DC Meets Looney Tunes

Superman: President Luthor (New Edition)

About time. Took them far to long to recognize that they could cash in on Trump with that book.

Super Powers by Jack Kirby

Adam Strange: The Man of Two Worlds Deluxe Edition

Robin Year One Deluxe Edition

Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1

Justice League: The Detroit Era Omnibus

-------------

Also, I wonder whats supposed to be in the Marvel Legacy OHC. Its 512 pages. Gonna preorder it anyway, cause its right now at 33€

Also, looks like Fall of Parker is gonna be a three issue arc - the Vol. 7 trade only collects the Secret Empire Tie In + #789, #790 and #791.

I wonder why. Maybe because they dont want the next trade to have mixed writers? ;)

Also, Captain America: The Adventures of Captain America by Fabian Nicieza gets a rerelease. Normally, that means that the current published will somehow tie into that story... Any interesting tibits about that book?
The Legacy OHC probably has all the #1 issues.

dh4niel

Anyone know the reason why Marvel are publishing thier Epic Collections out of continuity? The X-Men ones right now are volumes 1, 2, 5 and 12. Can't think of a reason why.

I'm hoping following from the
end bit where he kind of distances himself from stark and the avengers a bit they'll tone down the tech suit stuff in the future

I'm thinking that too.
The night vision and all the tazer webbing was too much.
What I thought was particularly wierd however was that the full mode had Karen assisting him with when to jump, and how much force to use but the training wheels mode one didn't. Surely it would be the other way round?

I'm thinking that too.
The night vision and all the tazer webbing was too much.
What I thought was particularly wierd however was that the full mode had Karen assisting him with when to jump, and how much force to use but the training wheels mode one didn't. Surely it would be the other way round?

Yeah all the different
webbing types, voice changers, xray scanners etc was way too much. The mini drone was kind of cool though, don't mind if they keep that. I didn't mind Karen as more Jennifer Connelley is never a bad thing, was starting to get a little weird though, we were on the verge of a Jaoquin Phonex/Scarlett Johansson thing there. Yeah I get your point on Karen, maybe it was more as the suit unlocked to full mode you then had hundreds more functions so you'd then need the extra help to use them all.

Yeah all the different
webbing types, voice changers, xray scanners etc was way too much. The mini drone was kind of cool though, don't mind if they keep that. I didn't mind Karen as more Jennifer Connelley is never a bad thing, was starting to get a little weird though, we were on the verge of a Jaoquin Phonex/Scarlett Johansson thing there. Yeah I get your point on Karen, maybe it was more as the suit unlocked to full mode you then had hundreds more functions so you'd then need the extra help to use them all.

They did add some comedy so it's not like they were a complete bust.
The interrogation scene was really funny for example. Also seemed to be a bit of a critic on Batman/Arrow.

[REDACTED]

They did add some comedy so it's not like they were a complete bust.
The interrogation scene was really funny for example. Also seemed to be a bit of a critic on Batman/Arrow.

[REDACTED]

Yeah when they set up an
interrogation scene I thought how the hell is this going to work with spider-man, so glad it turned out like it did. Good to see Donald Glover in there though they really did waste him just as the some street thug that was possibly the prowler. Though it did even itself out in the casting stakes with Michael Mando set up as the scorpion. Hope they give his suit/look the same justice they gave the vulture.

Yeah when they set up an
interrogation scene I thought how the hell is this going to work with spider-man, so glad it turned out like it did. Good to see Donald Glover in there though they really did waste him just as the some street thug that was possibly the prowler. Though it did even itself out in the casting stakes with Michael Mando set up as the scorpion. Hope they give his suit/look the same justice they gave the vulture.

I think those are just seeds for the future which I'm cool with.
Sinister Six next though? I can't really imagine them only using Scorpion. Plus he mentions others outside.
From day one I've been onboard with that Vulture design that it makes me super excited what the rest of the Spidey villains look like.

On a site note, I'm the only one in the office and there's no work to be done so I've been reading comics all day.

I was about to purchase every Transformers comic, then I realized I still haven't read the full TMNT run from last year's sale. I might buy something a bit less daunting, though.

I think those are just seeds for the future which I'm cool with.
Sinister Six next though? I can't really imagine them only using Scorpion. Plus he mentions others outside.
From day one I've been onboard with that Vulture design that it makes me super excited what the rest of the Spidey villains look like.

On a site note, I'm the only one in the office and there's no work to be done so I've been reading comics all day.

Yeah sinister six would be pretty cool, they might need another film first though, would be a big step up from where peter is now to be fighting six bad guys. Whoever did the vulture design did a great job I thought, how its parts that clip in together, keatons flight jacket, the eye and highlight glow from the suit. How they keep it in flight/movement and darkness a lot of the time apart from the glow, gives it a menacing effect and by not showing it in full light/detail they can avoid the effects agingly badly when the films rewatched in the future.

I usually use my work time for a bit of GAF browsing as well, saves from the boredom of office work. Tend to do some work, then check a few pages, than back to work

arkon

Anyone know the reason why Marvel are publishing thier Epic Collections out of continuity? The X-Men ones right now are volumes 1, 2, 5 and 12. Can't think of a reason why.
I think it's to do with trying to get and keep stuff in print. Some of the gaps between epic collection volumes are from previous trade or omnibus collections which are still in print I believe. So they prioritise stuff that isn't readily available.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think it's to do with trying to get and keep stuff in print. Some of the gaps between epic collection volumes are from previous trade or omnibus collections which are still in print I believe. So they prioritise stuff that isn't readily available.
Exactly.
But he is talking more about the release order of the epics

Only complaint I'd have was
that they went too overboard on his spider suit tech, gets to a point if you have so many gadgets your pretty much just another iron man. Though I give them a bit of lee way as they used it as part of the story where the point was is he still spider man without all the gadgets starks given him.
I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Yeah when they set up an
He is the Prowler. It says so when looking up his criminal record, as it's one of his aliases.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, how does the webswinging feel? Is he more gliding like in the air, like in the Raimi movies, or does it have weight? The one thing, the first Amazing movie really did good, putting the weight into the webswinging to make it feel like it really happens.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Still cant buy any tickets for Spider-Man. I could buy tickets for the english version on sunday, but the movie is supposed to start on thursday in german but I cant buy tickets.

This is... odd. I wanted to go to opening night since I have a free day on friday.

Phamit

Still cant buy any tickets for Spider-Man. I could buy tickets for the english version on sunday, but the movie is supposed to start on thursday in german but I cant buy tickets.

This is... odd. I wanted to go to opening night since I have a free day on friday.

I couldn't buy Tickets for Spider-Man until today for the Cinemas here in Hannover, it's really weird. Never happened with the other MCU movies and the OV screens are quiet small, that's very unusual. I don't know if Sony is handling the movie or some other partner, but they fucked it up

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I couldn't buy Tickets for Spider-Man until today for the Cinemas here in Hannover, it's really weird. Never happened with the other MCU movies and the OV screens are quiet small, that's very unusual. I don't if Sony is handling the movie or some other partner, but they fucked it up
I also live in Hannover.
Its super weird.
And I really have no idea whats going on, gonna check whats happening in other citys.

Edit: Have you planned to go to the Cinestar in Garbsen? Cause in the Cinemaxx Hannover tickets are now avaiable, and other Cinestar Cinemas have tickets avaiable now, too.
Welp.

dh4niel

So, how does the webswinging feel? Is he more gliding like in the air, like in the Raimi movies, or does it have weight? The one thing, the first Amazing movie really did good, putting the weight into the webswinging to make it feel like it really happens.

There's barely any web slinging in the film if at all. It's mostly just running, jumping and wallcrawling.

Phamit

I also live in Hannover.
Its super weird.
And I really have no idea whats going on, gonna check whats happening in other citys.

Edit: Have you planned to go to the Cinestar in Garbsen? Cause in the Cinemaxx Hannover tickets are now avaiable, and other Cinestar Cinemas have tickets avaiable now, too.
Welp.

Astor is also selling tickets now, i'm thinking about watching it there in german, because the English screens are way to small

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There's barely any web slinging in the film if at all. It's mostly just running, jumping and wallcrawling.
This and no spider-sense seriously bugs me.
But since this movie is set in Queens its ok I guess?
Astor is also selling tickets now, i'm thinking about watching it there in german, because the English screens are way to small
To expensive and much hassle, also I have a new car and dont want to park it at Raschplatz (I dont live in Hannover, I live in the Region Hannover) and the last time I was there I had to jump around blood seas and a homeless was beaten to death there... I hope Garbsen gets it tomorrow.

dh4niel

This and no spider-sense seriously bugs me.
But since this movie is set in Queens its ok I guess?

You can tell they're trying to do something a little different. We've seen Spidey swing through New York a million times now. I remember seeing Spider-Man 3 and thinking it looked like they ripped GCI straight from the earlier films.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You can tell they're trying to do something a little different. We've seen Spidey swing through New York a million times now. I remember seeing Spider-Man 3 and thinking it looked like they ripped GCI straight from the earlier films.

Yeah, I remember that, too. I guess thats going to be part of the character development, he is going to NYC in the next one.

Sandfox

Black Hammer from what I've read so far has too many flashbacks and now the spinoff is a flashback story. I'll give the second arc a try before making a decision on the book.

Me, Psychbat and ViewtifulJC put a Spider-Man comics guide together for the OT. Let me know what y'all think
MZXBkT5.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
Well done!!!

Give me a call if you or the others want to do a Cosmic Marvel version later before Infinity War. I can cover everything revolving around Mar-Vell, Warlock and Thanos from their creation up to the Starlin OGN's and Ewing's work in Ultimates.

I think we'll continuously update the Spidey one for now, but I would be stoked in to helping out with the cosmic side.

Top Bottom