• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord now available for pre-order - $39.99 standard edition & $59.99 deluxe edition w/ 72 hours early access

winjer

Gold Member
No Thank You Reaction GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean why are people surprised it literally said "preorder" in the trailer, it was never going to be free.

This is Sony, don't flop for free when you can charge for it.

uKVCbh.gif

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
There will be free characters added to the game just like with Overwatch, but you still need to BUY the game to get access to it.

This is my take based on what they have said so far

my bet is that this is something much more stupid.

everyone has to buy the game, the 12 characters on the left are permanent characters who are crew of the main ship shown.

the other 4 are a rotating cast of characters based on this weekly cutscene shit they have been talking about who rotate in and out as "free agents" for the storyline of that week. Once there gone everyone loses access and has to wait until the next time they rotate back in to play as them.

that's the worst thing I could think of them doing, so that's what's its going to be.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The pre-order links are in the OP. They're charging for the game with the exact same pricing model as Helldivers.
Again, I already said there would be a P2P version and a F2P version (Free Agents). Them announcing the P2P version first isn't surprising anyone.

Killjoy-NL

Is it just me, or does the decription of all the game-modes (+ gameplay footage) make it sound like it's going to be a mix of OW and COD, with Destiny-like gameplay?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: GHG

Tomi

Day never!
I am so sad because developers reading all this dissatisfaction to not even released game :/

Last edited:

DrFigs

I think a paid model can work, but just looking at similar games like Apex and Overwatch, maybe they should have done free to play.

TrebleShot

Gold Member
This is my take based on what they have said so far
Dont forget youll be able to pay to keep the seasonal characters probably something stupid like 20 a pop.

Not sure how they would sustain it unless they have hundreds of characters in their back pockets.

DrFigs

Dont forget youll be able to pay to keep the seasonal characters probably something stupid like 20 a pop.

Not sure how they would sustain it unless they have hundreds of characters in their back pockets.
so you're just getting mad in advance. we don't know how it will work, but you've decided to not like it anyway.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
That's cheap. Will not buy.

Although, I have always advocated that the price shouldn't be flat for videogames and I think it's right that it is priced cheaper.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You need to pre-order to access the beta afaik.
Well the principle of an open beta is to be open. So unless they changed the definiti... Oh shit you are right. Can't believe how stupid they are.
Wasn't gonna touch this even with gloves but I really don't get why they don't make the open beta... open. If they are confident in the gameplay they should let everyone play it. If they are not confident it's probably because it's shit.

In both cases, it doesn't smell very good.

Top Bottom