• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord now available for pre-order - $39.99 standard edition & $59.99 deluxe edition w/ 72 hours early access

I edited my post, he's a mod.

If you can link me a site to host screenshots, I can link post it here.

Not even sure why I have to prove it.

No need then. He's a mod. Not an employee. His word means fuck all.

There's an open beta, after the early access. Your own source already confirmed that

Shakka43

dont-pre.gif

Killjoy-NL

There's an open beta, after the early access. Your own source already confirmed that
And what if there is?

It doesn't matter to me. At worst I paid €40 for a game that might not be good. Like that's anything new.

Last edited:

NickFire

They said that slippery slopes are logical fallacies.

Yet here we are. It’s 2024 and people are arguing over how to access betas in a game with aliens who can’t decide what their pronouns should be, and robots with pronouns. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Killjoy-NL

They said that slippery slopes are logical fallacies.

Yet here we are. It’s 2024 and people are arguing over how to access betas in a game with aliens who can’t decide what their pronouns should be, and robots with pronouns. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's almost like some people get mad at the fact that I pre-ordered the game. Lol

Who tf really cares?🤣

Last edited:
PsBlog post is up - https://blog.playstation.com/2024/0...-to-pre-order-early-access-and-beta-detailed/
When it launches in August, Concord will debut in a standard edition (available in both physical and digital versions for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 / ¥4,480 MSRP) that provides the full Concord experience, including all 16 playable Freegunners, 12 unique maps set on various worlds, and six distinct team-based game modes, which will expand shortly after launch with regular, post-launch updates for all players at no additional cost.
53771172776_d7b3e397b6_k.jpg

Alongside the Standard Edition, we will also have a Digital Deluxe Edition ($59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 / ¥6,480 MSRP) that includes additional cosmetics to personalize your Freegunner crew and, for those eager to jump in and play, early access to Concord when it launches this August. The Digital Deluxe Edition will grant up to 72 hours of early access before Concord's global launch on August 23. It also includes the Northstar Freegunner's cosmetics pack, which grants you 16 Northstar themed Freegunner outfits; one for each of the 16 playable Freegunners available at launch.
53771594350_384c720f18_4k.jpg

Seeing Vale and the other Freegunners in action in gameplay footage is one thing, but there's no substitute for experiencing the game for yourself. That's why we're hosting a pre-launch beta, simultaneously on PS5 and PC with cross-play support. Those that pre-order will have an opportunity to be among the first to play Concord—and you'll be able to bring your friends.

Pre-ordering any edition of Concord will grant you five codes for our Beta Early Access weekend in July, allowing you to team up with your friends on PS5 and PC and take on rival crews across the galaxy. Stay tuned for more details about the Beta beta in the coming weeks, including the dates of Early Access and Open Beta, and more.

A lot of Overwatches initial appeal was Blizzards great character designs. I’d wager maybe it influenced about 50 percent of the purchase . The rest was the gameplay and references to Team Fortress, potential story etc. Cant say the same with this.

Overwatch character designs look like ass, what are you talking about?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They're probably aiming at gen z with this one. :p
At least the female sandwiched between them looks normal.

The cover art in the top right corner looks funny too. I dont know what that small orange thing is. Maybe it's a spaceship or drone. But it looks like Hellboy guy is yanking it with a string.

Last edited:
Word of advice: Take your victory lap AFTER you cross the finish line. This ain't it.

You just said “there is a paid version as I said there would be” when Sony literally put a preorder date in the reveal trailer.

Also, no one cares about this game enough for victory laps.

tmlDan

You just said “there is a paid version as I said there would be” when Sony literally put a preorder date in the reveal trailer.

Also, no one cares about this game enough for victory laps.
If you didn't care you wouldn't be in this thread, i tend to not enter threads about games i don't plan on playing or have no interest in

KXVXII9X

It will be competing with Star Wars Hunters and Marvel Rivals which are both F2P. If Concord is massively better and more in depth, I could see it winning over the others. From what I saw though, Marvel Rivals seems to look the best out of the bunch. The destruction alone and having familiar characters will put it ahead. Concord needs to set itself apart in some way.

After it bombas every sales target it'll go F2P and still won't be worth the hard drive space required. Real question is how long before it hits F2P status? I think by EoY or early 2025.

Killjoy-NL

After it bombas every sales target it'll go F2P and still won't be worth the hard drive space required. Real question is how long before it hits F2P status? I think by EoY or early 2025.
When I showed the gameplay trailer to my 18yo son and asked what he thought about it, he said "okay, just a hero shooter".

He didn't give a single fuck about any Wokeness and didn't even think it was.
My guess is that the vast majority of people are the same and will base judgmement on the beta and previews.

All this knee-jerking is just within echo-chambers on both the Woke and anti-Woke sides.

Top Bottom