• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord now available for pre-order - $39.99 standard edition & $59.99 deluxe edition w/ 72 hours early access

cormack12

Gold Member
I wonder if they'll get enough preorders to populate a closed beta? It's hardly set the world on fire. And I can't imagine handing money over knowing I get to try it for free in July.

My guess is that the vast majority of people are the same and will base judgmement on the beta and previews.

All this knee-jerking is just within echo-chambers on both the Woke and anti-Woke sides.
people dont give a fuck about “woke”. If this has TDM all my friend list that plays COD will buy it. Most people dont give a fuck about discourse on social media. Particularly from dorks.

If you didn't care you wouldn't be in this thread, i tend to not enter threads about games i don't plan on playing or have no interest in

Your reading comprehension is failing. I said I don’t care enough to take victory laps when one dude is making a claim. If the game is any good I’ll play it.

It will go f2p very soon, even then I'm not touching this gaas shite.

Trash GIF

White-fire

The weird thing about all these takes is that apparently generic and colorful characters = not fun?

Based on everything the trailer showed the gameplay looks polished and fun. Doesn’t that already mean the game won’t be crap? Games like Lawbreakers and Suicide Squad didn’t LOOK fun at any point.

The game might not be overly successful, but if the only think that truly matters works (gameplay) why aren’t we focusing on that?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Bet you the game's kinda good.

PC players will eat this up for a week or so...then go back to Overwatch.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The weird thing about all these takes is that apparently generic and colorful characters = not fun?
It's not that. It's the Becky Eating Crackers meme. The same people who call Concord "generic" are the same people fine with the same two or three generic Souls-likes that release every year. It's low commentary. There's like 12 hero shooters in existence and apparently the genre is not allowed to grow or improve because...reasons.
Based on everything the trailer showed the gameplay looks polished and fun. Doesn’t that already mean the game won’t be crap? Games like Lawbreakers and Suicide Squad didn’t LOOK fun at any point.

The game might not be overly successful, but if the only think that truly matters works (gameplay) why aren’t we focusing on that?
Because deep down, everyone (not me) fears GAAS taking over the entire industry. Concord represents a threat that redundent, uninspired Street Fighter 6 doesn't.

Alebrije

At that price and gameplay shown do not see a reason someone Will jump from Fortnite to Concord (by example)

It releases on an over saturated market so it's chances are scarce. There is nothing shown on gameplay that says "WoW" or worth 40 bucks.

BigBeauford

Gold Member

This is the question we have been asking devs who continue to inject nonsense into their games for years now.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Did they say what color your hair is on the preorder skins please this is important

Last edited:

White-fire

Still waiting on details for the progression system, if there is any.

Same!

All we know right now is that there are “job boards” where you get challenges over time to unlock stuff. Which seems kind of cool, but I hope they avoid the Halo Infinite issue of making all progression achievement based.

Hopefully there is a mix of XP rewards, in game challenges, and monetized goods. That way you can get in game prestige by playing well, but also throw a bone to the whales.

Top Bottom