• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says any Cowboy player disrespecting the flag won't play

Ogodei

Teen gets expelled for not standing up during the pledge of allegiance.

A lawsuit says a Houston student's Constitutional rights were violated when she was expelled for not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance.

Randall Kallinen, an attorney for 17-year-old India Landry's family, said the civil lawsuit was filed Saturday against the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District and a high school principal.

The lawsuit says Landry, who'd been sitting for the pledge in class, was expelled Monday after doing that in the principal's office. The lawsuit says Landry returned to school Friday after the principal reversed course, saying Landry could sit.

That is explicitly against that supreme court ruling from 1943, what the fuck was that principal thinking?

SoulUnison

Banned
Good thing a quiet, respectful protest isn't disrespecting the flag, then.

You know what is disrespectful to what the flag represents?
Threatening people with termination and penalties for engaging in peaceful activism.

Boycotting the NFL getting easier and easier. Thanks Jerry. I want nothing but losing seasons as long as he remains the owner.

Fuck the Cowboys and fuck the NFL.

ericexpo

Today my dad was driving and I saw a bunch of people on the sidewalk of a busy street protesting abortion. About five blocks away I said now that's how they want people to protest and my dad who was driving said what people where.
I love how this is the first protest that is in the public eye and people are pissed.

Boycotting the NFL getting easier and easier. Thanks Jerry. I want nothing but losing seasons as long as he remains the owner.

Fuck the Cowboys and fuck the NFL.
Fuck Jerry, other NFL owners and some of these NFL players too. The true America is here and beating its chest.

Jerry is essentially saying “don’t care about you getting killed, you better understand your place.” I don’t know how I could play for him. These players are weak.

rjinaz

What the fuck is going on in this country? I never stood up for the pledge of allegiance in high school.

Some of it is that we're basically brain washed as children to love the flag, to never question it. I can cite the pledge of allegiance to this day and yet I haven't said it since I was a teen, because we had to do it every frakin morning, standing.

Then there is racism, which is probably most of it. They don't want to understand, they don't need to understand. So they just go with what they know. They'll never understand until the country goes to shit for them personally.

These players make millions of dollars once they sign, correct? Or is it doled out per game? Because if they have several million dollars how in the fuck are they not kneeling?

Fuck off Jerry. America was built on protesting. Fuck you I feel sorry for any player who has strong feelings about protesting but can't because of your pathetic stance.

Ogodei

Today my dad was driving and I saw a bunch of people on the sidewalk of a busy street protesting abortion. About five blocks away I said now that's how they want people to protest and my dad who was driving said what people where.
I love how this is the first protest that is in the public eye and people are pissed.

That's the thing, we've gotten used to the street protestors of that type, picketers. It loses its effectiveness as a form of protest because everyone knows to tune them out as surely as they tune out panhandlers.

To make a statement people will pay attention to, you have to put it in something they're actually paying attention to.

Not

Banned
Cool, can they at least protest disproportionate police brutality in regards to race by kneeling, though?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What the fuck is going on in this country? I never stood up for the pledge of allegiance in high school.

A lot of resentment for Obama (and minorities in general) got mixed in with the pseudo patriotism and here we are. It's a non issue but here we are still stalking about it.

There is a reason the alt right can be trace to PUA and Chan sites and racist chant "you won't replace us" they feel pointless and to a certain degree they are

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So Bryant Gumble was right

NFL Owners treat their players like the good ole Plantation Days

"Don't you speak up now, boy!"
"Keep a movin'"
"We feed ya, take care of ya, give ya the living you get from us for working on the fields, no disrespect, ya hear!"

Afrikan

direct

"They may be sons of bitches, but they are MY sons of bitches!"

Really does look like a slave owner there, especially with that smirk.

Boke1879

The right either has no idea or doesn't care in the role they are playing if this country EVER became authoritarian.

Cowboy local ratings have been declining around 3-5% each week since week 1. To lows not seen even when they’ve been bad. Not that Jerry doesn’t believe it anyways. But I do believe him saying it after the game is due to the lowering ratings and this is his attempt to stop the slide.

Not

Banned
The right either has no idea or doesn't care in the role they are playing if this country EVER became authoritarian.

Dude, white supremacist patriarchal theocracy (read: autocracy) has always been and will always be their overall goal, despite some of the Founders' intentions. Don't let them dilute that.

FStubbs

That's part of what the protests are about an exposing. America for minorities is not too far from being one. Especially if it's "submit to the flag and submit your lives to the state and pretend everything is okay."

It's like Exodus 20:3 isn't a thing anymore.

StarVigil

Black people should wear the flag as poncho. So whenever a cop kills another black person, they at least get arrested for disrespecting the flag by shooting holes in it.

"I AM respecting the flag. Now YOU start doing it."

Daddy Trump probably said something.

But what though? Shit, don't answer that; Son-Of-Orangutan is probably working the phones to every bendable ear in his rolodex to deflect from his administration imploding and Jones' respect and intellect dives into the negatives.

A lot of resentment for Obama (and minorities in general) got mixed in with the pseudo patriotism and here we are. It's a non issue but here we are still stalking about it.

There is a reason the alt right can be trace to PUA and Chan sites and racist chant "you won't replace us" they feel pointless and to a certain degree they are

^^^

Alot of my fellow white folks feel that civil rights were "granted" and this has alot of us that don't respect themselves, don't respect others outside the demographic, and don't give others outside the demographic any reason to respect them then get resentful and bigoted (or get worse than they already were) now that in this decade. This takes place in a decade where that attitude can only survive by mutating into something much, much worse and blatant, sadly.

Glad to see Jerry took that mask of being a decent human for one night off and continues to show that he's still a despicable twat.

Fuck you Jerry, and fuck the Cowboys. I hope Dak, Zeke, Dez, Witten, and the entire offensive line kneels.

Azuran

Banned
Another old rich white guy sucking Trump's dick as always.

Nothing new to see here. The majority of NFL and MLB owners are fucking scum with absolutely no backbone. "Traditional" sports sure bring out the worst people in this world.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Fuck you, Jerry. Hope you toss and turn in bed, unable to grasp how American Jesus allowed you to lose tonight.

Top Bottom