• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says any Cowboy player disrespecting the flag won't play

watershed

Banned
Old rich white guy doesn't support protests against the status quo of oppression and injustice for POC. Now Cowboys players can go to work everyday knowing full well that the person who signs their check doesn't give a shit about them aside from their ability to play on the field.

Bowler

Bottom line really is that they are his employees, you gotta do what the employer says if it's within the labor department laws.

Meh

Enzom21

DLqYvQ4W0AAo0yX.jpg

Hey Dak, kneel. Jerry will cut you, then you make 20 million a year immediately, instead of having to wait for your rookie contract to run out.

kmfdmpig

Fuck Jerry Jones. I hope some of the top players get together and collectively take a knee. There'd be nothing that pathetic fossil would be able to do at that point.

Now that the NFLPA had come out and said that kneeling players aren't disrespecting shit and no NFL owners shall punish them for their peaceful protest... What happens now?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...n-head-no-nfl-players-are-disrespecting?amp=1
The executive director of the NFL Players Association said that no player is disrespecting the flag by kneeling during the national anthem.

The comments come after the owner of the Dallas Cowboys threatened to bench any players who are "disrespectful to the flag."

NFL Players Association head DeMaurice Smith said in a statement Monday that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and management council John Mara had promised in front of NFL owners that "they would respect the Constitutional rights of our members without retribution."

Can the owners still bench the players?
Our would they just find some roundabout "unrelated" reason to impose their benching?

Cyframe

It's really scary how Americans can recognize the dangerous and regressive Kim regime in North Korea but cheer forced patriotism.

Black people today are still treated as property by these 'owners.'

I really wish the entire team would kneel, and effectively end their season. Jerry Jones isn't the one who is keeping the 4 something billion team afloat, it's the players.

If anyone would do it just to test 5hat rule it sure as hell won't be Elliott
Won't do shit til the QB does it, can't get rid of him because many a team is hungry at QB...wait forgot he's not white

hbkdx12

Our would they just find some roundabout "unrelated" reason to impose their benching?

Hey, son. Your eye black doesn't meet the proper regulation for the necessary distance it's suppose to sit above your cheek. Sit your ass down

Zabka

Not surprised after seeing Jerry Jones' smug fucking smirk while he took a knee with his team before the anthem. Like Calvin Candie before he got shot.

InertiaXr

I mean Jones OWNS the team and pays the checks of Garrett their head coach....he is also technically their general manager I believe but I'm not sure, they may have a honorary figurehead nowadays

I mean Jones OWNS the team and pays the checks of Garrett their head coach....he is also technically their general manager I believe but I'm not sure, they may have a honorary figurehead nowadays

Not technically he is calling himself the acting GM. That ego fucking manic still trying to prove he can win one without Jimmy.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Let a black person do something a white doesn't like and all hell breaks lose.

Let a white person do something, and they are using their American liberties.
I don't know the race of the person, but someone just won a court case for the right to burn the flag.

And yet nfl players kneeling dominates the headlines.

Verelios

This has been some amazing judo redirecting shit from the alt right and Trump. And idiots of course lap it up instead of dealing with their conscience because it's 'easy' to do.

gogojira

Cowboys fan here. I wish every every key starter would take a knee and make them an even shittier team than they already are. Fuck Jerry Jones.

Two Words

Fuck Jerry Jones. This guy put people like Greg Hardy, who beat his girlfriend, on the field and he wants to play ANY kind of moral high ground?

gcubed

I agree but people we giving him credit and were playing right into his hands by saying it was still meaningful before the anthem

"this isn't really that important, let me give it a quick bullshit show and it will all go away" tells you all you need to know about the mind of that man.

Top Bottom