• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuessWho

top tier indeed. Best show confirmed.
There just aren't many shows that can pull off consistent comedy - week after week. Seinfeld was the last to do so.

If you told anyone to make a story where you have to connect: airplaying a violin, abusing having parkinsons, a 7 year old gay kid, nazi symbols, and taking a bullet for your wife. And you tell them to put it all within a 30 minute episode and make it hilarous they would tell you that you're insane and that's impossible.

Bravo Larry David. Bravo. I now have no doubt that this was the man who made Sienfield great.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Michael J Fox? Michael J Fucked up in a minute.

NYR

Today sucks. Officially the longest time period until the next season of curb premieres. 2013, I guess?? :(

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bottom tier season, but amazing finale...holy shit I was in tears with the little kid and the violin.

SolKane

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
One of the weaker seasons for me, but damn did it go out on a high note

This. Great season finale, weak season overall. Still, that was one of the best episodes of the last few seasons. Michael J. Fox was amazing.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's hard to rank the seasons, but I wouldn't put this in the bottom tier by any stretch. A few of the episodes were right up there with the best ever. I was concerned when the first episode was really weak, but luckily that ended up as the worst of the season by far.

mooooose

I honestly feel this is the strongest season of Curb since Season 2. Season 7 was very good but I feel Season 8 stands on its own and shows that even without a real hook, Larry can put out amazing TV.

Season 8 saw Larry stand on his own, as a character, an actor, and even in real life. He totally came through. His acting ability has gone through the roof. From his line delivery, to physical acting, to his facial experessions.

Off the charts great season. I thought some of this episode was a little weak, and I thought that the opener and the Safe House were bad, but the rest of it has been GOLD. I am very sad to see it go.

2 > 8 > 7 > 1 > 3 = 6 > 4 > 5

Challenge me, motherfucker.

crimzonflame said:
That kid was hilarious. They need to bring him back some how. Have Larry adopt him or something.

haha yeah I loved the kid. Michael J Fox was great too, as was Leon and the final scene.

edit: I wonder how much of the Michael J Fox scenes mirrored real life. I think he could run over a line of schoolchildren and people would still love him. He's so likeable.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Absolutely flawless episode. Flawless season finale. Larry and Leon in Paris? Good God it's just perfection.

Discotheque said:
haha yeah I loved the kid. Michael J Fox was great too, as was Leon and the final scene.

edit: I wonder how much of the Michael J Fox scenes mirrored real life. I think he could run over a line of schoolchildren and people would still love him. He's so likeable.

Have you seen him on The Good Wife? He's done a few episodes, and will have an even bigger role in Season 3, and he is absolutely fantastic. He plays the kind of character you'd never expect from him - I think he was nominated for a few awards for his role on the show. It's a terrific show too, one of my favorites.

Fox is trying to have some fun with his image right now by playing these random characters that have a hidden agenda - I love it, he is such a fantastic actor.

I've been meaning to watch that show, I heard good things about it (and I didn't expect much from the show to be honest). I'll jump in on season 3 methinks.

markot

Banned
I thought it was a pretty awesome episode, The Michael J Fox stuff was brilliant, and so was the stuff with the gay kid.

aparisi2274

I loved when Larry and Leon were in Paris and he tells Leon he has to go say something to the guy who took two spots and Leon just shook his head and said "Oh No."

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Discotheque said:
I've been meaning to watch that show, I heard good things about it (and I didn't expect much from the show to be honest). I'll jump in on season 3 methinks.

Don't let the name fool you. I only started watching it because they filmed an episode on my block last December (they just filmed ANOTHER episode on my block two weeks ago). And once I watched an episode, I was like "heh...it's nothing what I imagined it to be". It takes place in Chicago, but filmed in NYC hahaha.

The entire show has been praised and showered with awards left and right, and rightfully so. It's superbly written.

vanty

Yeah Good Wife is an awesome show. A shame they gave it a name that only really applies to the earlier episodes, really gives off the wrong impression. They've also had so many actors from The Wire on the show that I've lost count.

Anyway the finale was great, the kid was fucking amazing. Hope they can find some reason for him to reappear next season.

Episode was awesome but the ending killed it a little for me, I mean the set was so bad, looked like they were in some make believe land lol

Socreges

Banned
Best episode of the season and one of the best of the entire show. I didn't think the Palestinian chicken episode could be topped, but wow.

The season was subpar for a while (mixed at best), but episodes 7-10 were great to excellent. Those four episodes alone (plus palestine) put this season among the best and well above season 7.

FACT.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ohhh man Larry David you genius. Such a god tier episode it's crazy. The throwbacks to the pig parking, and just everything was amazing. So sad I'll have to wait a long time before a new season comes on.

OMFG. that was hilarious. the maybe gay kid and the sewing machine; michael j fox and then the swastika. Also loved the full circle story with the parking and the excuses to get out of charity work with children. so good.

going to miss CYE. I hope there's season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom