• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

Raide

Wouldn't doing all this fall under anti copetative laws and possibly cause ms to get sued? Its a third party game after all.

Still comes out on PS3, PS2, 360, Fridge, Toaster-Oven. MS might just have paid to secure the Next-gen version.

Fifa? I remember my consoles came in with a free Mario game.

Damn! I remember getting free mazes and snails.

Haha no way EA is going to delay Fifa14 on PS4.

What if the next gen version isn't even ready day one on Xbox? What if they just ship a bunch of download codes and the game comes out in December? Last I checked, neither the PS4 version nor the PS4 has a release date.

Alebrije

Strange. So the Fifa 14 PS4 and Xbone release dates have been changed from launch dates to 'COMING SOON' on Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BT9DTCC/

Did MS purchase a delay as well?

h39D6637E

Racer1977

The same I think. If MS payed for FIFA 14 , EA wont be allowed to sell FIFA 14 for PS4 until Xbone is avaliable in the marked.
It makes little sense as the casual FIFA player will be playing on PS3/360. Then take into account launch PS4/One's will be sold out, what FIFA playing is going to wait 2, 3, 4 months for an annual franchise?

Minions

True, but I'm not sure too many people who are busting their balls to pick up a console on launch are going to hold off till weekend on the chance they can pick up FIFA on a deal with their weekly shop. I know my friends and I never did so.

Is this assuming that the possible free FIFA is only coming to the delayed tier 2 countries?

From the OP:
The specific game set to be bundled with Xbox One launch systems was not named, although it's understood to be a "major" Christmas release.
Striking a deal of this magnitude is thought to have cost Microsoft further millions in budget as it prepares to launch its next-generation Xbox around the world.

Christmas = End of Year; so Either the OP is wrong (since the release date is nowhere near christmas) or this applies to the delayed countries. (Release date:September 25, 2012)

From the OP:
The specific game set to be bundled with Xbox One launch systems was not named, although it's understood to be a "major" Christmas release.
Striking a deal of this magnitude is thought to have cost Microsoft further millions in budget as it prepares to launch its next-generation Xbox around the world.

Christmas = End of Year; so Either the OP is wrong (since the release date is nowhere near christmas) or this applies to the delayed countries. (Release date:September 25, 2012)

afaik Tier 2 countries will receive XB1 next year

I don't care about FIFA, and I don't care about Kinect.

Hey Microsoft, how about you let me buy an XB1 with neither of those, for £100 less?

No? I won't be buying your system then.

From the OP:

I'm just going off of the FIFA conjecture, nothing more. Also, I'm fairly certain the delayed launch is in to 2014.

RulkezX

That was my interpretation since "delayed" launches were getting a free game; I expected this to coincide with this being the free game. Other people seem to disagree.

I think that's likely, though people are quick to say its not based on.......something , I guess.

Seems a more likely scenario, if its even FIFA.
the free games for the delayed launch in Tier 2 countries are Ryse and/or Kinect Rivals
When was this announced ?

ari

Banned
Real headset + Kinect + FIFA.

Good deal. Definitely worth the extra money in my opinion. If they really want to turn up the heat, throw in a free year of Xbox Gold service.
free one year xbox live service for day one x1 consoles would be impressive. Yet somehow around here it still wouldn't be enough...for ever reason.

abic

Banned
Not sure if anyone knows this, but does anyone know whether Winning Eleven / Pro Evolution sells better than FIFA in Europe? It used to be the case but I think it was surpassed 2-3 years ago..

Not sure if anyone knows this, but does anyone know whether Winning Eleven / Pro Evolution sells better than FIFA in Europe? It used to be the case but I think it was surpassed 2-3 years ago..

Pretty sure it never has. Even though it was the better game on PS2/xbox.

During the Manchester city vs Newscatle game earlier today there were ads around the stadium for FIFA 14 releasing in September.

It still is set to release for current gen and PC in September. The only listings that changed on Amazon were for the PS4 and One.

Could someone make a thread about this and hopefully get it sorted out once and for all? I imagine a quick tweet could resolve this now.

Would FIFA be a great choice? Sure football is big in EU, but I doubt there is a huge overlap between early adopters and FIFA buyers.
Also, why wouldn't they choose a first party game like Sony did with Driveclub, would be cheaper surely?

Strange. So the Fifa 14 PS4 and Xbone release dates have been changed from launch dates to 'COMING SOON' on Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BT9DTCC/

Did MS purchase a delay as well?

Oh shi-

TBH, I really doubt Fifa 14 on PS4 is delayed. Most likely it's just Amazon updating the next-gen versions. They change dates on their site all the time and it generally doesn't mean anything.

Regardless, we'll know more in less than 12 hours (assuming this is part of the news that is being released at 1am Pacific).

Prine

Banned
What makes this even more sweet is the misery it's bringing some here, it's quite clear where they stand regardless of how the system is handled. So in that spirit, hope this helps MS succeed, and I love aggressive MS!

Would FIFA be a great choice? Sure football is big in EU, but I doubt there is a huge overlap between early adopters and FIFA buyers.
Also, why wouldn't they choose a first party game like Sony did with Driveclub, would be cheaper surely?

do you think Ryse or Forza would move more potential buyers into XB1? I don't

Oh shi-

TBH, I really doubt Fifa 14 on PS4 is delayed. Most likely it's just Amazon updating the next-gen versions. They change dates on their site all the time and it generally doesn't mean anything.

Regardless, we'll know more in less than 12 hours (assuming this is part of the news that is being released at 1am Pacific).

No way are EA or MS going to stroll out to announce a delay for the PS4 version of Fifa 14 at Gamescom. At most it will be an online delay announcement and a notification to retailers.

Corto

FIFA crushed Pro Evo in Europe this gen.

imtehman

Banned

this is true, but if all the early adopters are buying xbone and they are getting FIFA, then all their friends would want ot get xbone to play fifa with them as well. Kinda like the way XBL did it on the x360 where all your friends are online

It still is set to release for current gen and PC in September. The only listings that changed on Amazon were for the PS4 and One.

Could someone make a thread about this and hopefully get it sorted out once and for all? I imagine a quick tweet could resolve this now.

If this is the case then it is a new low for Microsoft. All their PR efforts to humanise the Xbox team and show how they love games, but then they resort to dirty tactics like delaying games on other consoles.

No way are EA or MS going to stroll out to announce a delay for the PS4 version of Fifa 14 at Gamescom. At most it will be an online delay announcement and a notification to retailers.

Has there even been a release date? They wouldn't even have to delay the PS4 version if there wasn't a fixed date to begin with.

Top Bottom