• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

chadi

In the song search, type in the song. When it's not there, click the blue label on the left that says "見つからない", and it will then take you to the request search. If what you're looking for still isn't there, press "まだない". It will then prompt you for the song you're looking for's JASRAC code, which can be found by searching here. The code you're looking for will look like this once you find the song. Enter it without hyphens, it will work fine. And then it's requested!

also believe me, that's not a newbie question at all, ahahaha. I had to do some research to figure it out.

That was incredibly helpful. Especially since I can't read Japanese. Lol. Thank you! :)

Zornica

Banned
so much new stuff...

スイートマジック
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/14424
I don't even know who the original author is. Only know it because of the ろん version.
It's probably miku?
(I wouldn't mind more "ろん" songs... like torinoko city or おちゃめ機能)

DON′T SAY“LAZY”
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/14770
no idea, kinda catchy

荒野の果てへ
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/14259
already forgot where this was from...

雨の日に
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/14370
Nice instrumental, I like it

(yeah I know I am abusing this thread as my personal bookmark page for stuff I wanna download as soon as my game arrives. :/)

Shurayuki

DON′T SAY“LAZY”
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/14770
no idea, kinda catchy

It's a K-On song, I think the outro? SCANDAL did a cover of it, pretty cool.
There was already a version of this and that was on my original list but one of the things I cut because I only know it from that SCANDAL thing, but think I'm gonna d/l anyways.
A friend was a big K-On fan so it was always on my watchlist of anime, but I never watch anime so~

荒野の果てへ
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/14259
already forgot where this was from...

Don't say be lazy now, google...Wild Arms? Don't play that so I wouldn't know :(

(yeah I know I am abusing this thread as my personal bookmark page for stuff I wanna download as soon as my game arrives. :/)

*shifty eyes* WHAT, who would do such a thing, certainly not me! :O

I totally printed out my list with the songs and put in a d/l session while on the exercise bike, my preferred 3ds playing place lately, moreso than the toilet. Didn't even notice the 2h passing by, quite an exercise lol.

Shurayuki

^ Haha ;P

Hmm, do you have tracking? I could track my Im@s through the shipping number once it arrived at the airport here, even though it was the cheaper option that doesn't have official tracking through Play-Asia.
It might sit around in customs for some time since they're probably getting flooded with christmas stuff at the airports. Well good luck to you with that.

Here's a quick question. What do the different colored tomatoes mean? I see red ones (which seem to be what you buy with), then also green and blue ones? I have no idea what's going on.

Yeah the colors are a bit confusing, I don't think they really spent too much time thinking about that.
On the shops starting page you have your tomatoes in red and rotting tomatoes in blue.
On the buying page you have your currently remaining tomatoes in green and the tomatoes the song costs in red (why, they're all 1, will there be more expensive/free ones?).

♪-♪-♪

Haha, so now I have to 'record' 100+songs...because downloading them didn't take enough time. Another day game :(
Was curious if a song being in the wrong key for my artist has a big effect, but as far as Touch is concerned it sounds good to me. That's reassuring, there's quite a lot of 'bad key' songs :(

chadi

My game's now ver 1.1 after downloading a patch from the eShop. Just copy/pasted using google translate:
Updated content

• We've added a scoring function to "sing to Bangin" and "recording" in.
  • When performing ensemble in the "band Fuck Park", has been modified to display as standard the difficulty of the song chosen before.
  • I Fixed the following issues.
  • If you try to recital with a musical instrument of some the "Vanbrugh DX transplant song" Correction of the problem the game stalls
  • Correction of the problem that can empty the number of blocks to be displayed in the music download store is different from the sky the actual number of blocks
  • In addition, it has been improved several features make you comfortable playing the game.

...Wait. What "band Fuck Park"? Am I missing out on something here? ^^;

Oh whoa, thanks for pointing that out.

Basically what's changed is:

• You're now given a score at the end of karaoke in Recording mode
  • The game will autoselect the difficulty level you last played while playing online
  • Apparently some DX import songs had freezing issues with certain instruments which have been fixed now
  • Store has been fixed to properly display the correct number of blocks each song is
  • "Other changes to make playing the game more enjoyable" could mean a number of things I suppose, but I'll just throw a guess out there that it's stability fixes

...Wait. What "band Fuck Park"? Am I missing out on something here? ^^;

Well, you know, even playing in a virtual band has its perks...

Zornica

Banned
my game just arrived and customs ignored it as usual. bless them for keeping my imports cheap since 1999.

too bad it had to arrive today... way to busy with "work"

Zornica

Banned
So any idea why this bombed in Japan? The last game sold about half a million
copies...

I guess a big part of the originals user base were people from the brain age crowd. Those are gone now and only a core group remains. Which I am fine with btw. I bet those who are gone now never contributed songs in the first place, so it's not a big loss.

As word of mouth builds, it might sell and grow for a few years. lets see

I guess a big part of the originals user base were people from the brain age crowd. Those are gone now and only a core group remains. Which I am fine with btw. I bet those who are gone now never contributed songs in the first place, so it's not a big loss.

As word of mouth builds, it might sell and grow for a few years. lets see

Hmmm...guess so.

It's also kinda sandwiched between a number of big releases, including major 3DS releases.

If you had to only pick one or two games for the holidays, pretty much nobody would choose Band Bros over Pokemon or Zelda.

So yeah my totally uninformed guess will be "poor timing" in addition to a different type of userbase.

But I also wasn't really following the DX release so I don't know what its circumstances were like.

It's also kinda sandwiched between a number of big releases, including major 3DS releases.

If you had to only pick one or two games for the holidays, pretty much nobody would choose Band Bros over Pokemon or Zelda.

So yeah my totally uninformed guess will be "poor timing" in addition to a different type of userbase.

But I also wasn't really following the DX release so I don't know what its circumstances were like.

Nintendo did seem to have pretty high hopes for it, considering they gave it its own Direct and everything. Plus, I would have thought the 3DS userbase would have been big enough by now to support several major releases. And at least Animal Crossing showed "the casuals" haven't completely deserted Nintendo handhelds...

Oh well, I guess we won't be seeing Barbara in the next Smash...lol

Shurayuki

my game just arrived and customs ignored it as usual. bless them for keeping my imports cheap since 1999.

too bad it had to arrive today... way to busy with "work"

Waai \(^o^)/

Well you can go to the shop and download stuff on the side, then 'record' those with lyrics, that'll take a while.

♪♪♪

Think I'll just blow 5 or so requests on really weird stuff just to have it in that list and maybe somebody notices. But looking up the codes and stuff is tedious *yawn*
Also forgot that I wanted to spend the day 'recording' stuff casually, does anyone actually sing themselves for that? lol

Also since we've been talking about how GameCenter CX is a great way to get to know some Japanese classics, there's also AD Nakayama's Last Continue as a request: ;D
91位 96 ラストコンティニュー 16573889

And Yuuko's Sayonara Game too (EDIT: I think only the last one is the Yuuko one ;P)
17022位 1 サヨナラゲーム 16980361

Support Support!! I(°o°)-<
Oh noes there's actually a list of all the music they used on the Japanese GCCX Wikipedia page, now I'll have to go through that and see whats available *dead*

Nintendo did seem to have pretty high hopes for it, considering they gave it its own Direct and everything. Plus, I would have thought the 3DS userbase would have been big enough by now to support several major releases. And at least Animal Crossing showed "the casuals" haven't completely deserted Nintendo handhelds...

Oh well, I guess we won't be seeing Barbara in the next Smash...lol

wonderful 101 also got a direct and we saw how that went, ahahaha

I'm really not sure what their expectations are at this point! I haven't been paying attention to the sales data because... I dunno, I guess I just don't really look at sales data that much, but did it just not do well or was it ultra-mega-bomba? Because the latter would surprise me, coming off of how well DX did.

Also since we've been talking about how GameCenter CX is a great way to get to know some Japanese classics, there's also AD Nakayama's Last Continue as a request: ;D
91&#20301; 96 &#12521;&#12473;&#12488;&#12467;&#12531;&#12486;&#12451;&#12491;&#12517;&#12540; 16573889

And Yuuko's Sayonara Game too
9791&#20301; 1 &#12373;&#12424;&#12394;&#12425;&#12466;&#12540;&#12512; 0005998JRC
15911&#20301; 1 &#12469;&#12520;&#12490;&#12521;&#12466;&#12540;&#12512; 01266888
17022&#20301; 1 &#12469;&#12520;&#12490;&#12521;&#12466;&#12540;&#12512; 16980361

Support Support!! I(°o°)-<
Oh noes there's actually a list of all the music they used on the Japanese GCCX Wikipedia page, now I'll have to go through that and see whats available *dead*

supporting the shit out of these
The Something Awful GCCX thread also has a translated list of songs used, along with an incomplete playlist.

When I was fiddling with the composition app before the game's launch, the first thing I was trying to make was the main melody of the Tamage theme, ahaha.

Shurayuki

supporting the shit out of these
The Something Awful GCCX thread also has a translated list of songs used, along with an incomplete playlist.

When I was fiddling with the composition app before the game's launch, the first thing I was trying to make was the main melody of the Tamage theme, ahaha.

Ha, never saw that, neato! Thanks, that certainly saves me looking for these videos on youtube myself.
Crazy how the Wiki has almost more info on the music used than about the show itself haha.

Shurayuki

Yeah it just started (2AM JST) and takes 11 hours right?
You might be fucked until tomorrow :(

The song download shop might work if it's on it's own, but the tomatoes are probably tied to the eshop so they don't work.

Miiverse takes quite long to patch eh.

I'm sure they'll let you play some AKB or Kyary Pamyu Pamyu!

:lol:

Yeah, you can still access the game servers just fine.

I mean, not sure how many people will be up at this hour, but if you want to play songs other than the preloaded ones, you can go play with people online.

I'm sure they'll let you play some AKB or Kyary Pamyu Pamyu!

Zornica

Banned
yeah.... no thanks :p

is there a way to just play with friends? I wouldn't mine jamming with you guys for a little bit

JKTrix

That's something I wanted to try to figure out before my 'hiatus', hadn't put much time into it but there didn't look like an obvious way to do it.

Yeah, I think it was determined that there's no way to play with friends. I've tried looking into it with some other folks to no avail.

I think the only way is to keep joining lobbies until you get one with the people you're looking for.
But I'd be game to try that if people want to.

Silly question but does this game come pre-loaded with any songs to play or do you have to download them all? Had to pass on this at launch due to the Ps4 but thinking of grabbing it now. Never really got into downloading new songs with the last game but that was probably due to the inability to delete and replace them.

Silly question but does this game come pre-loaded with any songs to play or do you have to download them all? Had to pass on this at launch due to the Ps4 but thinking of grabbing it now. Never really got into downloading new songs with the last game but that was probably due to the inability to delete and replace them.

It only comes with the 4 featured artist songs on the bottom of the page here.

I certainly can't recommend the game if you only plan to play the preinstalled songs. On the plus side, you can have thousands of downloaded songs now!
... on the downside you still only start with 100 before you need to pay
but you're forced to use them within the span of 5 months so you might as well, right?

...that was my attempt to put a positive spin on the tomato system

It only comes with the 4 featured artist songs on the bottom of the page here.

I certainly can't recommend the game if you only plan to play the preinstalled songs. On the plus side, you can have thousands of downloaded songs now!
... on the downside you still only start with 100 before you need to pay
but you're forced to use them within the span of 5 months so you might as well, right?

...that was my attempt to put a positive spin on the tomato system

I suppose that is good and bad...heh. Any issues downloading the free songs from the US? Do you need some sort of alternate account or anything? I don't plan on buying additional songs but is it easy to do so from the US? Thus far I've only used the eShop on my Japanese 3DS for demos. Never attempted to add funds. Hell, does this Tomato system even use the eShop?

Are there many(any?) Videogame songs up for download? I have to assume Nintendo stuff like Zelda is up there but any Castlevania or other non-Nintendo published games?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate the answers. I don't think I'd feel right not buying this new one despite my preference for a prechosen songlist and hesitation with having to download all the songs. Been with the series from day one so I can't see stopping now.

I suppose that is good and bad...heh. Any issues downloading the free songs from the US? Do you need some sort of alternate account or anything? I don't plan on buying additional songs but is it easy to do so from the US? Thus far I've only used the eShop on my Japanese 3DS for demos. Never attempted to add funds. Hell, does this Tomato system even use the eShop?

Are there many(any?) Videogame songs up for download? I have to assume Nintendo stuff like Zelda is up there but any Castlevania or other non-Nintendo published games?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate the answers. I don't think I'd feel right not buying this new one despite my preference for a prechosen songlist and hesitation with having to download all the songs. Been with the series from day one so I can't see stopping now.

No problems at all redeeming tomatoes. eShop works just fine regardless of location. It even accepts US credit cards. You don't need an account unless you want points from your purchases to show up on Club Nintendo JP.

Uhhhh the variety of game music is a bit odd. There's a lot of Mother, a lot of Dragon Quest, some Pokemon, some Kirby... actually pretty much no Mario or Zelda...
That's pretty much the extent of the video game music that I've seen being created thus far. Generally when good game music shows up someone posts it in this thread too, and hopefully more will show up in time.

Stan64

Can someone explain all the menus at the left option. For example the second option shows all voices I collected and I can take up my avatar and choose 10 songs from my playlist? And there is also a counter that says something about "DL". Some people I meet online speak about some counters as well I think.

Tomatoes
- Buy tomatoes
- Redeem codes

- Choose avatar
- - Back
- - Choose top ten?
- - Delete avatar?

Settings?
- Face cover up privacy
- Notifications
- Delete save file?

You got most of them right.

Each artist can have a list of 10 recommendations attached to it. People will see that list when then download your artist. The red button will let you choose your recommended songs. The counter lists the number of times this month someone has downloaded a song from your recommendations list.

And the button on the right is, oddly enough, the makeover button! The skull is a bit misleading, heh. Press this and you'll go through the artist creation process again.

Okay, a quick question for anyone who knows: is there a game music radio station? Because I was sorta passively listening to the radio in the menus and heard the host talking about game music and then they played some Rhythm Tengoku songs. I figured that'd be a good resource to find more game songs, but I went to look for it just now to no luck. Which am I: crazy or stupid?

Also you can't post pictures from Band Bros to Miiverse. Who else is cancelling their preorder?

No problems at all redeeming tomatoes. eShop works just fine regardless of location. It even accepts US credit cards. You don't need an account unless you want points from your purchases to show up on Club Nintendo JP.

Uhhhh the variety of game music is a bit odd. There's a lot of Mother, a lot of Dragon Quest, some Pokemon, some Kirby... actually pretty much no Mario or Zelda...
That's pretty much the extent of the video game music that I've seen being created thus far. Generally when good game music shows up someone posts it in this thread too, and hopefully more will show up in time.

Thanks again for the info! I'll likely grab this sometime soon and will probably be back with more questions.

Stan64

Third from bottom should be the radio channel for game music!

You didn't explain the counter on the top screen when you have chosen your avatar, do you know what it is for? =D

Stan64

I'm blind. Maybe shouldn't play this game then!

I tried singing when recording Vocaloid-tracks today. =D I only know one song and wanted to wait until it came out as a non DX-version but what the hell. Downloaded Linda Linda from The Blue Hearts. I got 41, so didn't do too well... xD

I also tried the guitar/singing mode. It just ended when you were done...

EDIT: Also found this twitter that tweets all new releases: https://twitter.com/bandbrosp

I haven't tried the Karaoke for real yet, haven't had the privacy, ahahaha. I've done some humming though and it seems to work well enough! I recall doing abysmally every time i did karaoke in DX, though!
Nice to have scoring back, nonetheless. PATCH IN A RANDOM BUTTON NEXT PLS

Oh, neat, hadn't seen the Twitter before. I've just been refreshing the latest accepted songs list.
I remember the Nintendo Direct mentioned something about YouTube uploads, but... I haven't seen anything like that anywhere.

Fun Fact: People have created random songs from Dragon Quest Monsters 2 that bring up 1 result on YouTube, but there are no versions of the main Mario or Zelda theme! This game music station sure is interesting.
Thus far it has been 100% Dragon Quest and Mother!

Stan64

My station ended now, mostly Dragon Quest, some Rhythm Tengoku and one song I was familiar with but couldn't pinpoint.

There have to be some deal where Nintendo don't allow certain songs from their property.

Okay, just got a vocal song from Mega Man 8. I've actually never heard it before. Huh!
more mega man music when

I just don't see why Nintendo would prevent people from creating songs from those properties. I mean, Mother, Pokemon and Kirby music is up there. I'm sure lots of people would love to play Mario, Metroid or Zelda music. I'm positive I had some of all of those in DX. So strange...

Okay, I'm getting more variety this cycle. Music from a game called Popolocrois and a Tales opening so far.

JKTrix

finally got my 100 tomatoes...

seems like are more and more songs are getting submited per day.
The previous game came out in June 2006 and I'm pretty sure people were still making songs for it up until this one came out (over 8000 created songs). We're just getting started!

fr4nz

Damn.
my copy shipped a month ago, and I'm still waiting it ....

I feel like the parcel is lost T____T

Should I contact PlayAsia support ?

Damn.

I've had stuff take about a month in the past. I'd maybe give it another week and a half or so, if it shipped at launch.

Then again, there's never really much harm in contacting support, even if they just tell you to give it more time.

I guess I should pick "original" to make the songs sound like on the homepage again?
(I guess this is done to keep the filesize smaller?)
So I have to do this with every single song? mhkay...

I always do original, but... I guess if you're so inclined as to want to hear your Vocaloid sing it every time, you can do that!

On the plus side, you get to do Karaoke while you wait!
...but yeah, you have to do it for every vocal song.

Shurayuki

I think the idea is that you can have multiple artists=vocaloids and often the song is out of tune for one or many of them, so you have the opportunity to choose which one you want to have the vocals for.
Don't worry I have ya back Nintendo-sama!!111

Damn.

I've had stuff take about a month in the past. I'd maybe give it another week and a half or so, if it shipped at launch.

Then again, there's never really much harm in contacting support, even if they just tell you to give it more time.

Yeah especially with slow shipping and/or holdups at the airport I've had 5-6+ weeks with Play-Asia. You can try the shipping number at your local post to see if you get tracking information.

Zornica

Banned
I think the idea is that you can have multiple artists=vocaloids and often the song is out of tune for one or many of them, so you have the opportunity to choose which one you want to have the vocals for.

multiple? I can only choose between "me" and "original"...

Top Bottom