• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Klyka

Banned
Reading Miyazaki's interview in the Collector's Guide from Bloodborne....everything Vaati said about that game's story was legit. There IS a deep lore at work here, and Miyazaki is the master of crafting worlds from the simplest things.

"Did you intend for all of this to fit together like this from the start?"

*chuckles*
"Yes, of course"

So easy.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
"Did you intend for all of this to fit together like this from the start?"

*chuckles*
"Yes, of course"

So easy.
Interview was made before the game came out though. And Miyazaki goes pretty indepth about the lore.

Gun Animal

anyone have a .gif or clip of that super-fast machete narumi was using awhile back? those attack animations are insane.

Interview was made before the game came out though. And Miyazaki goes pretty indepth about the lore.
I think it's ridiculous to suggest that there isn't a complex story in these games, but Vaati definitely goes into them in a ridiculous degree. Like the brain heads looking like the Doll in Bloodborne.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I almost hope I come down with a sickness tomorrow so I can stay home and play. That sounds bad, but I don't care. I should take a cold shower and run outside for a few hours.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I think it's ridiculous to suggest that there isn't a complex story in these games, but Vaati definitely goes into them in a ridiculous degree. Like the brain heads looking like the Doll in Bloodborne.

Yeah...
NUL3G2H.jpg

Is this graphically equivalent to Bloodborne in terms of texture work and consistency or does it have a lot of areas with dull lighting like Dark Souls 2?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is this graphically equivalent to Bloodborne in terms of texture work and consistency or does it have a lot of areas with dull lighting like Dark Souls 2?

One area is utterly devoid of anything interesting. It's flat, brown, repetitive and makes the Chalice Dungeons look creative in comparison.

Everything else is incredibly gorgeous, with one area in particular being possibly the most beautiful locale in any of the games. Another makes Latria looks normal in comparison.

is ps4 performance bad? i have it preordered on ps4 even though i have a PC way above recommended mainly because of GCU and i had some best buy gift cards.... but if its shitty enough ill cancel and buy full price on pc :/

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I had a chance to meet Miyazaki at a GDC party last week, but didn't get to ask him anything about DS3, as he was headed somewhere in a hurry with luggage.

Oh well. :(

Sanctuary

One area is utterly devoid of anything interesting. It's flat, brown, repetitive and makes the Chalice Dungeons look creative in comparison.

This is what was turning me off to the aesthetics I had so far seen in this game, and thought they looked extremely dull. "You're crazy, blah blah blah!" the fanboys decreed. And all I was actually suggesting was that I hoped that it wasn't going to look so two tone in the rest of the areas, just like another specific game.

Everything else is incredibly gorgeous, with one area in particular being possibly the most beautiful locale in any of the games. Another makes Latria looks normal in comparison.

I did sneak a peek at two screenshots of other areas, and they looked way better. So this is good to know. It's what I was hoping for anyway.

So they took the Dark Souls 2 route with Pyromancy? That kind of sucks in a way, because DEX also affects casting speed again.

Reading Miyazaki's interview in the Collector's Guide from Bloodborne....everything Vaati said about that game's story was legit. There IS a deep lore at work here, and Miyazaki is the master of crafting worlds from the simplest things.

Miyazaki said that he thinks that it's great that people are finding their own interpretation of the story, since that's what he wanted; but that the real story is only in his head. So it kind of doesn't matter what EpicNameBro or Vaati say. If you like their version of the lore, then I guess you can use that as your foundation. Some of it could be correct, or close to the mark, but not all of it necessarily is, or even most of it for that matter. Quite frankly, it comes off as super pretentious when someone acts like something is canon lore just because a bunch of people took a vote to agree that it was, and then use that as some kind of justification for attacking those claiming that there isn't really a coherent story.

Jobbs

Banned
oh.. oh my god

I"m not sure I shoulda watched htat new trailer because of the spoilers

but... there are no words

I had a chance to meet Miyazaki at a GDC party last week, but didn't get to ask him anything about DS3, as he was headed somewhere in a hurry with luggage.

Oh well. :(

lucky

CdOiDPkWwAALaaZ.jpg

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Could you let me know which area you're referring to? (Spoiler tag for the sake of others, of course.)

Also, glad that the Abyss Watcher fight is only against one of them.
Heh heh...hehehah...hahahahahahaha!

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and don't watch the Japanese launch trailer if you don't want to be spoiled on new bosses/enemies/etc. You'll regret it big time.

What class should I go if Ive never played darksouls before but have bloodborne?

I usually default to warrior if I dont know what to pick.

Is there a class that has a good mix of warrior/magic? battlemage kinda?

Top Bottom