• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

HGH

Banned
So...why is this releasing in Japan 3 weeks before the rest of the world?
Bamco fiscal report is done at the end of this month. If they push the game into April the positives/success of this game will carry onto 2017's fiscal report. Whereas From publish the game in Japan, and they don't do much else, so they don't really care.

Wait so Faith affects pyromancy now, was it the same in DS1?

I used a few pyromancy's in 1 without putting anything into Faith, just upgrading the glove was enough.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
invade me and you will die

krakov

Wait so Faith affects pyromancy now, was it the same in DS1?

I used a few pyromancy's in 1 without putting anything into Faith, just upgrading the glove was enough.

In DS2 Faith and Int combined affected pyro and the lowest of int/fai affected hexes. Sounds like it's the same here.

Guess free (DS1) pyro was a bit too much.

idonteven

invade me and you will die

fb0.jpg

HGH

Banned
Watching a streamer go through what looks like a Lothric road or bridge.
And then the most baffling unique enemy appeared.
It was an utterly wrecked, antiquated looking Asylum Demon, complete with his old moveset and buttslams.

noomi

Hey guys!

Bloodborne was my first From Software game, and I absolutely loved it. This has now inspired me to want to pick up Dark Souls III during the NA release.

However, I am debating whether to purchase it on my PS4 or PC.... I would prefer the PC, due to graphics & framerate, but the deciding factor will be multiplayer/coop options. I have many friends on the PS4 that will be playing this, and if the coop is anything like Bloodborne where we can join each others game I would purchase the PS4 version.

Can anyone elaborate on how multiplayer and coop will be used in DSIII? :)

Hypron

Hey guys!

Bloodborne was my first From Software game, and I absolutely loved it. This has now inspired me to want to pick up Dark Souls III during the NA release.

However, I am debating whether to purchase it on my PS4 of PC.... I would prefer the PC, due to graphics & framerate, but the deciding factor will be multiplayer/coop options. I have many friends on the PS4 that will be playing this, and if the coop is anything like Bloodborne where we can join each others game I would purchase the PS4 version.

Coop works the same way as all the other games in the series as far as I know, you summon people to help you out (or get summoned in their worlds), and if you wanna be a dick you can invade.

Nuszka

Hey guys!

However, I am debating whether to purchase it on my PS4 of PC.... I would prefer the PC, due to graphics & framerate, but the deciding factor will be multiplayer/coop options. I have many friends on the PS4 that will be playing this, and if the coop is anything like Bloodborne where we can join each others game I would purchase the PS4 version.

Lol you here :) yes its like BB password matchmaking, on top of that for the first time we have dedicated servers so connections should be better.

Skulldead

So the difficulty still a thing ? usually this is the first thing i heard people complain when a DS release. This is a good sign that nobody complain ?

noomi

Coop works the same way as all the other games in the series as far as I know, you summon people to help you out (or get summoned in their worlds), and if you wanna be a dick you can invade.

This is awesome to hear, looks like I'll be picking this up on the PS4 in that case.

Lol you here :) yes its like BB password matchmaking, on top of that for the first time we have dedicated servers so connections should be better.

Hello Nuszka! PS4 it is then, God knows I will need all the help I can get defeating these insane bosses haha!

Not sure how much I'll actually be able to play during release, but hoping I can at least join in the fun a wee bit :D

Mendrox

So without any spoilers, the impressions are good right? No major red flags?

Yes seems like it is a blast so far.

So the difficulty still a thing ? usually this is the first thing i heard people complain when a DS release. This is a good sign that nobody complain ?

Complain that the game is too hard? Only comes from the beginners, but since this is the 5th game with that kind of gameplay I guess it is just easier for most people.

What does that do though? Loosing health was such a pain I couldn't get to a point where I could find my stride in DS2 it felt like I was hitting my head on a wall trying to get all the nessisary items to diminish the penalties for dieing. On top of that, enemies disappearing after 10+ Kills was helpful but I was afraid of loosing grinding opportunities due to repeated deaths...so that no longer happens?

Streams certainly don't seem to be loosing max health on deaths..

It's the same as Demons Soul's

KeRaSh

Hey guys!

However, I am debating whether to purchase it on my PS4 or PC.... I would prefer the PC, due to graphics & framerate, but the deciding factor will be multiplayer/coop options. I have many friends on the PS4 that will be playing this, and if the coop is anything like Bloodborne where we can join each others game I would purchase the PS4 version.

I always wonder about that as well. If my friend and I start playing coop when we are at the same point early in the game, will both players benefit from any progress made? Like do killed bosses count for both players? Do both players get to pick up items?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I always wonder about that as well. If my friend and I start playing coop when we are at the same point early in the game, will both players benefit from any progress made? Like do killed bosses count for both players? Do both players get to pick up items?

As always, progress is only recorded in the host player's world.

Kyoufu

This has never been the case in Souls games. Only the host picks up items and sees progress.

Hey guys!

In DS3 you lay down your summon sign and a friend touches the sign to summon you to his/her world. Since DS3 uses dedicated servers it should be quicker to coop with friends than in Bloodborne, hopefully.

Hypron

Yeah but they are pretty bad here and he was asking for red flags :(

It sucks to hear... Guess I'll have to deal with it for three weeks until the PC version comes out.

By the way, without spoiling anything in particular, is there much grind involved in the Platinum (like DeS, DaS, and DaS 2 - especially DeS and DaS2) or is it more like Bloodborne where you just need to finish the game a couple of time, do all the optional content and collect some weapons?

Mejilan

Red cracked orbs are easily to obtain or like in Dark Souls 2, they are rare and only you can buy it in NG+?

The full, infinite use red eye orb is back and likely available fairly early. Cracked versions are a stop gap to tide you over.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, I am sure it must be way tougher with an actual hard job (i.e. not "teaching" English), which you got, right? Did you try and take any nenkyuu for DS3? I managed to get Friday off.
I wish I had paid days left to do that :p

Skulldead

Complain that the game is too hard? Only comes from the beginners, but since this is the 5th game with that kind of gameplay I guess it is just easier for most people.

Usually i see "it's too hard" too "why the game is became too easy" ...
But I'm pretty sure they didn't mess up.

Mejilan

By the way, without spoiling anything in particular, is there much grind involved in the Platinum (like DeS, DaS, and DaS 2 - especially DeS and DaS2) or is it more like Bloodborne where you just need to finish the game a couple of time, do all the optional content and collect some weapons?

There are a variety of collection trophies like DeS and the two DkS games. We obviously don't yet know the details of where to find everything yet, but I'm expecting a typical Dark Souls slog, not BB's more streamlined approach.

CHC

Some fps drops on PS4 but other than that it looks phenomenal :O On a whole new scale compared to DS1 oir DS2.

Great news. Framerate can and probably will be patched (within reason) but scale of world cannot be. I wasn't worried but now I'm more excited.

Alright I think it's time to peace the fuck out of this thread.

Mifec

It sucks to hear... Guess I'll have to deal with it for three weeks until the PC version comes out.

Like BB endings, Boss Achievements, gestures and some easy equipment. Looks incredibly easy.

If you have the chance to play the PC version I would definitely do that. I guess it won't really have these issues.

Got the PC prestige edition preordered. 1440/60 here I come :3

I will never understand people who enter a topic about a game and don't expect to see spoilers lol, if you're the kind of person who's experience gets ruined by knowing beforehand why would you expose yourself to any sort of internet page that could possibly diminish that satisfaction for you

Hypron

There are a variety of collection trophies like DeS and the two DkS games. We obviously don't yet know the details of where to find everything yet, but I'm expecting a typical Dark Souls slog, not BB's more streamlined approach.

Aw, I'd have preferred BB's approach. I'm used to the Dark Souls approach by now (completed the trophies/achievements for DaS 2x and for DaS2 3x), but I still don't find it that good. There's too much busy work.

Like BB endings, Boss Achievements, gestures and some easy equipment. Looks incredibly easy.

Oh okay. Who should I trust then haha? I'd rather believe you.

I prefer when the difficulty comes from how hard the bosses are rather than how much time you're willing to spend grinding.

noomi

In DS3 you lay down your summon sign and a friend touches the sign to summon you to his/her world. Since DS3 uses dedicated servers it should be quicker to coop with friends than in Bloodborne, hopefully.

Awesome, I'm pretty familiar with how Bloodborne worked, and really liked that system. I should feel right at home with DSIII :D

If it's anything like Bloodborne (which it seems to be) I believe the people that join do not benefit from any progress, they are really only there to help the host defeat bosses. Shame, since it would be nice to progress through the whole game with a buddy or two.

GReeeeN

sorry if this already been asked, but can I purchase a digital code from Japan Amazon, redeem the code on my Japanese PSN and play the game now?

If so, would there be much difficulty navigating the world/ menus/ mechanics??

Awesome, I'm pretty familiar with how Bloodborne worked, and really liked that system. I should feel right at home with DSIII :D

If it's anything like Bloodborne (which it seems to be) I believe the people that join do not benefit from any progress, they are really only there to help the host defeat bosses. Shame, since it would be nice to progress through the whole game with a buddy or two.
Feel free to watch me play if you wanna later :3 will post a link in the Dgaf thread.

Top Bottom