• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Coxy100

Banned
Bloodborne was my first From game too - can I ask do you level up the same as in Bloodborne? i.e. you collect souls from killing enemies and have to save them up till you have enough to level at a graveyard type place?!

Also - if you get killed can you collect the souls back if you kill the guy who killed you?

Bloodborne was my first From game too - can I ask do you level up the same as in Bloodborne? i.e. you collect souls from killing enemies and have to save them up till you have enough to level at a graveyard type place?!

Also - if you get killed can you collect the souls back if you kill the guy who killed you?

It will be loosely similar?

These games all share some DNA but expect it to be closer to Dark Souls 1+2

byropoint

Yes and yes.

E92 M3

Avoiding spoilers, but how are big streamers getting the game early? This is so unfair and I am so salty waiting in blind for so much longer :(

Mifec

Yes, you level up at Firelink Shrine, you have a level up char who has the same role the doll had, and a bit more. If you die you leave your bloodstain on the ground where you died and you just have to go to it. It doesn't go to an enemy like in BB.

Avoiding spoilers, but how are big streamers getting the game early? This is so unfair and I am so salty waiting in blind for so much longer :(

Namco giving it to them for marketing purposes.

Yes it's the same, including level up lady. Except in Souls your souls won't be absorbed by an enemy, they just remain on the ground.

edit: beaten

Yes leveling up is the same. You have to go the firelink shrine aka the hunters dream. And talk to your souls waifu aka bloodborne waifu. However the enemies won't pick your souls aka blood echoes. Your souls will be at the location you die.

Coxy100

Banned
Thanks for the answers above guys (about levelling up) sounds like this is easier than BB then if you don't have to kill the guy who killed you :)

E92 M3

Yes, you level up at Firelink Shrine, you have a level up char who has the same role the doll had, and a bit more. If you die you leave your bloodstain on the ground where you died and you just have to go to it. It doesn't go to an enemy like in BB.

Namco giving it to them for marketing purposes.

That is poop! Best part of the Soul's experience is everyone discovering it together. By the time it releases to the general public here, half the things would be found :(

MUnited83

For you.

It's not really unfair. It's a marketing move, and they still have to make all the final touches regarding different localizations and what not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Feeling like shit, made some food for the next few days

Mogwai

Is
Andre
in the final build? I thought it seemed a bit lazy to use him for DS3 unless there is a good lore explanation...

E92 M3

Yeah they should have done a global release

This is some bullshit

I was dealing with the Japanese release, but now them giving it to big streamers is just not fair. "Lets spoil the game for as many people as possible." Can't see Miyazaki being behind this, but unfortunately Namco controls all of that.

It's not really unfair. It's a marketing move, and they still have to make all the final touches regarding different localizations and what not.

A marketing move that pisses me off and takes away some of the allure :(

Skatterd

Someone needs to let us know if the Xbox One region change download trick works immediately ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4bgwkm/a_new_info_in_regard_to_matchmaking/

So basically if this is correct, you have to use an item to allow an invader solo or have already summoned someone to help you. And the boss has to be alive in that area.

Also apparently weapon reinforcement level is taken into account for match makeing on top of soul level.

I'm pretty sure this is a confused translation and you just have to be in LOC mode.

cheesekao

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4bgwkm/a_new_info_in_regard_to_matchmaking/

So basically if this is correct, you have to use an item to allow an invader solo or have already summoned someone to help you. And the boss has to be alive in that area.

Also apparently weapon reinforcement level is taken into account for match makeing on top of soul level.
I don't get why level matchmaking is a thing. If you used a password in bloodborne, your hp and damage scaled accordingly. Why couldn't fromsoft implement this without any level or password restrictions?

I was dealing with the Japanese release, but now them giving it to big streamers is just not fair. "Lets spoil the game for as many people as possible." Can't see Miyazaki being behind this, but unfortunately Namco controls all of that.

A marketing move that pisses me off and takes away some of the allure :(

It happens for nearly every AAA release. Calm down and don't watch the streams.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

If true, at least it will shut up crybaby youtubers/streamers who whine whenever they invade someone and the host is 'dishonorably' over whatever the agreed upon level meta is.

Tactics18

2 hours. Basically I'm just staring at the countdown screen now.

Quality build with a Claymore as were all of my first Souls games playthroughs.
By the way apparently you can get a Claymore at
the place were the dragon breathes fire in the High Wall.

I think people have every right to be upset. Especially in US/EU, who are the largest markets for the games. We havent had a split release date like this since DeS/Dark1 for a reason, but they decide to go back on it? It's a dumb move whatever their logic, whether they're using the JP market to test the netcode, or just extra marketing time. I think it'll sell plenty well, and I'm still gonna buy it, but my anger goes to Bamco.

Streamers somehow getting early copies of this "not finished" localization is just a kick while we're down too. People like to actually be able to play the games they're watching. Souls games in particular are magical not just for the satisfying combat and PvP aspects, but also the sense of wonder and surprise from interesting boss fights, cool new weapons, various secrets, and the lore twists. All which would be ruined and are being ruined because the game is already out there.

I hope everyone enjoys the import like I will today though. Should be a fun albeit different experience for some of us haha.

It's not true guys.

I asked B-Genius about this as i was worried as well and iirc it does work the same as DS1. If you're human/embered you can summon up to 2 helpers but can be invaded by 1 red spirit whether you're alone or not.

If you use the dried finger however the number of helpers you can summon goes up to 3, and red invaders to 2. So invaders never have the numerical advantage.

Sorry to bump without anything especially new, but just wanted to confirm (in what seems like the most recent thread) for people wondering about invasions this time.

I may have caused some concern through what I said about Dried Fingers in the Network Test - that you need to use those to open yourself up to invasion from anyone.

This was misleading. As others can probably confirm from the test, using an Ember will open you up to invasion even if you're on you're own (in online mode, of course). So, essentially like being in human form (after using Humanity) in Dark 1.

Dried Fingers open you up to invasion from a second dark spirit, as well as allowing you to summon up to three phantoms.

Apologies for any confusion caused. Hope this is good news to some of you.

Reddit needs to calm their tits.

Mendrox

Eh? Invasion works like this, doesn't it?

[WRONG]

You use ember to get to your LoC form. In this form (like humanity) you can get invaded (and you can invade), but it is no 100% chance. Sining and summoning someone will change the invaders.

You use ember + dried finger - 100% chance to invade someone solo.

[/WRONG]

Edit: Ok see post above! :) I've read it like this too.

E92 M3

I think people have every right to be upset. Especially in US/EU, who are the largest markets for the games. We havent had a split release date like this since DeS/Dark1 for a reason, but they decide to go back on it? It's a dumb move whatever their logic, whether they're using the JP market to test the netcode, or just extra marketing time. I think it'll sell plenty well, and I'm still gonna buy it, but my anger goes to Bamco.

Streamers somehow getting early copies of this "not finished" localization is just a kick while we're down too. People like to actually be able to play the games they're watching. Souls games in particular are magical not just for the satisfying combat and PvP aspects, but also the sense of wonder and surprise from interesting boss fights, cool new weapons, various secrets, and the lore twists. All which would be ruined and are being ruined because the game is already out there.

I hope everyone enjoys the import like I will today though. Should be a fun albeit different experience for some of us haha.

Yes, that's exactly why I am mad. Wouldn't have cared if it was any other game, but Souls is a special experience that is being tarnished right now. It won't even be fun to discover things because people will be like "we knew this 3 weeks ago."

I am salty as fuck (not importing)

Sylas

Is the best place to buy yen cards Play-Asia? I'd rather snag'em off of amazon.co.jp if at all possible, but blehhh.

Top Bottom