• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

no, but
have you unlocked the elevator shortcut to the first bonfire?
Nope! Guess I'll explore around. Really getting wrecked in the first callback area of the game and I'm having a hard time finding alternate paths/areas compared to the other games. Probably just rusty.

I'm calling it a night, great game so far. After the starting area, the performance has gotten better and stayed that way so far. I'm at
the tree boss and haven't figured out how to beat him/her yet, no spoilers please.

One question about an early boss in the
High Wall
area.
The Dancer of the Frigid Valley from the Network Test ist gone, they didn't remove her completely, right? Anyone found a way to trigger the fight yet? Has it something to do with the old lady being alive/dead?

Regarding your question:
I think they just moved her. Like they did with Ebrietas in Bloodborne (she appears in one place in previews and in another in the full game).

And I agree, game is great so far.

tesqui

So after fighting the
guard dog boss
and open the
gate
there is a
completely blinding light
. Is this supposed to happen or is my game glitched? I can't see anything. Haven't really been able to follow the lore if it's related.

Turned it off for the night. I'm only in the second main area but at present it's on course to topple Dark Souls as the best in the series for me (early days i know). If it can keep the Bloodborne/Demon's consistency going to the end we'll have the GOAT.

Question regarding the boss in the second area:
I thought the Tree was optional? I couldn't find anywhere else to go though.

Nivert

So after fighting the
guard dog boss
and open the
gate
there is a
completely blinding light
. Is this supposed to happen or is my game glitched? I can't see anything. Haven't really been able to follow the lore if it's related.

Someone at the preview event had that bug. I'd try restarting your game.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
the environments i've seen are absolutely stunning too, and a far cry from the bloodborne rip-off so many were afraid of

Finalow

that
Abyss Watchers
fight + the music.

Dodged+a+bullet+there+_a8f52ffd18535993bc37e0bbbae607a7.png

ramyeon

Was this seriously pulled from PSN? For what reason? Not like the English language exploit exists on PS4 like it does on XB1.

takoyaki

can dsomeone tell me exactly where the
sunbro
covenant is?

After you have fought
the ice bull in the High Wall area, gargoyles take you to the next one. You make your way through a village and reach an area were a large group of villagers is gathered around a big tree. Don't rush in, keep your distance. There is a path to the right, before the first bridge, that leads to a run-down house. You can drop down through the floor in this house, find a closed door, go up the stairs right next to that door, drop down again and end up in the room with the closed door.
There's the Sunbro sign inside.

can dsomeone tell me exactly where the
sunbro
covenant is?

Undead Settlement. The big fire with a lot of praying enemies, to the right of it there's a bridge, ignore it and head straight past the fire into a cave like area. In there there's a room with a locked door, go up the stairs and there's a hole to drop down into the room. It's in there.

edit: beaten

cannot believe bamco pulled this from PSN. already put that money into my account too. sigh. enjoy, everyone who did get it

"We gonna release the game 3 weeks later for no reason, but neither can allow From getting all money from people like you! But don't worry you can watch people playing the full version on Twitch!"

Guru-Guru

Banned
7.5 hours until I will be home from work and can finally play. I have barely anything to do at work today, so the wait is killing me!

YeSp

Neo Member
Question: Anyone know where I can find the key that unlocks the
door in the sewer
of the undead settlement? Cant seem to find it

Mendrox

Started with Pyromancer, killed two bosses so far and face off against the third who is a serious bitch imo. Seems to be just a patient boss which is annoying.

I love the game so far. Graphicaly it is a bit worse than Bloodborne, but otherwise it is my true Dark Souls 2. Summoning also works like a charm and is crazy fast. Cool enemies and the music is astounishing like always.

Buuut I am getting headaches and since I've got vacation I will go to sleep soon and start streaming again.

Skatterd

Dropping in here from my playthrough and trying to avoid most spoilers I haven't seen but just wanted to say Minor Chime Spoiler:
I almost shit myself when I discovered the Chime weapon art heals you slowly without any spells attuned

having issues with fog doors appearing in firelink shrine not allowing you out from time to time

I had that too for the "Stair exit".

To resolve that, i just went at the top of the stair, like countinue until the wall/fall, then comeback. Just countinue to go up and go back.

Look like a glitch.

( I'm not english btw xD )

Hixx

As much as I love their games... how can From think the framerate on the second boss is remotely acceptable? The input lag was incredible at times. Luckily it is a fairly simple fight but still :(

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Can someone post a screenshot of their network menu (the one with the password). You know the one that works and is possible to summon by placing a sign. I think I messed something up.

My game started auto downloading right away. I switched back to US asap but I have japanese text. Can I still download the english version?? How would I have avoided the auto download start? SHIT!

Laws00

I just want to know in this game like DARK SOULS 2, if I kill enough of the same enemies in a certain spot will they disappear and not appear again?

Finally reached
Undead Settlement
, used a phantom to kill 2 boss, and I wish I didn't do that, too easy.

But I wanted to try how was summoning in the game.

Also there's no way to catch Yoshichan lol

Lakitu

st5fu
Couple a questions, any decent streams going? And is there a full list of areas?

I don't mind spoilers, it hasn't affected my feeling of media whatsover.

Hixx

My game started auto downloading right away. I switched back to US asap but I have japanese text. Can I still download the english version?? How would I have avoided the auto download start? SHIT!

Delete it and restart the download now you're on the US store, I believe.

silva1991

A
thief
gave me ring and wanted me to give it to
Loritha
or something? he she she is in the base of the high wall

she can't be the one in
the dancer's room
can she? because I talked to her and there was no option to give her ring

where the hell is she?

also the prison key I used it to free the thief but there was another door the key couldn't open!

Can someone post a screenshot of their network menu (the one with the password). You know the one that works and is possible to summon by placing a sign. I think I messed something up.
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/JP_settings
I just want to know in this game like DARK SOULS 2, if I kill enough of the same enemies in a certain spot will they disappear and not appear again?
enemies will always appear no matter how many times you kill them. This doesn't include special enemies. Once you kill speical enemies, they won't appear.

Top Bottom