• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone (Sony Bend, UE4) - E3 2016 Gameplay Walkthrough

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Lack of good hit reactions completely kills this for me. What's the point of having gunplay if it's going to be that bad? The hordes do look good, but that doesn't mean they can get away with screwing up the fundamentals.

ZeroX03

Banned
From the studio that made a bad Uncharted game, comes a TLoU rip off that doesn't understand why TLoU worked. Pass.

Only zombie game I've ever seen that managed to make an extremely huge amount of actually threatening zombies. Every other one always promises "hordes" but never delivers.

Would have been super excited before Last of Us but this just looks way to similar. Again a post apocalyptic game with Zombies? Seems so weird that Sony greenlit this after Last of Us.

The hoard sizes look cool, but this looked totally derivative. Pretty big disappointment for me. I was hoping for something more original both aesthetically and mechanically than what we saw from Bend's long awaited new IP.

hqdefault.jpg

One million zombies!

Belfour20

Neo Member
Looked more like a tech demo than a game. The horde of zombies were pretty cool and impressive, however nothing of the gameplay looked inspiring or fun. Hopefully there's much more to it than what they showed.

Kayant

Zombie or similar games have never excited me and this didn't change it. Also made the ending of the conference bad for a very well paced event this time around from Sony.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The one interesting thing I saw was that it appeared that the environment could be more directly impacted upon, such as when he was shooting a wood bridge and it appeared to break, which would have stopped the horde from following (as much).

But aside from that, it looked really derivative. :(

Another wilderness/TLOU type game lol.

And I saw Elena from Uncharted.

This.

I kept wanting the trailer to end with “The Last of Us: Days Gone”. It worked with Final Fantasy Versus XIII, when I yelled “just call it 15” a few years ago. Not this time, though.

I thought we were done with the Zombie fad, and moving onto Space Exploration.

Also, it seemed like it would have gone better for the player to have not shot any zombies, but instead have kept running.
Hopefully that was just a demo, and not an exact in game scenario.

It's crazy how much it looked like TLoU. Everything from the camera, character movements, music, hud and action prompts looked identical. I really wonder what the reasoning for that is?
I mean it has to be intentional, right?

I love the theme but I found the endless stream of zombies irritating. In an urban setting I'd get it, but thousands of zombies at some broke down logging camp/mill in the middle of buttfuck nowhere takes me out of it. At least make the zombie population somewhat believable for the setting... Then again I don't like L4D or Dead Rising type games.

Lot of negativity around this one but I feel like we don't know enough.

If there isn't much more to know I think we have this year's the order flop.

Top Bottom