• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone (Sony Bend, UE4) - E3 2016 Gameplay Walkthrough

Gnub

2 Last 2 Furious (of us)

Looked good. The density of the Z's was really high. Hopefully they can do something with that to open up gameplay.

Oxn

I'm super baffled about the mixed reactions in here. I thought it looked really good and I'm usually siding with the majority opinions lol.

Yea im so confused.

Game looks awesome.

They probably turned off damage to make the demo, but i really liked it.

So lots of zombies. Well, I might be interested if it'll be more than just shooting waves of mindless enemies running on you.

Well there is some emotional story attached to this game and I expect there will be a more than just shooing waves and will play close to Last of Us in some ways. Its new IP and seems like they were not quite ready to show the gameplay section yet. I'm positive about this to be good and hope to see a good demo in PSX.

KZObsessed

Looked brilliant. So many zombies and it was nice to see a zombie game where the enemies aren't a joke. Like that you have to run to survive.

They need to work on the shooting though, had no impact whatsoever.

Damn everything was going well until the shooting started. After that it was a trainwreck featuring the worst third person shooting since spec ops the line.

They were channeling The Last of Us so hard that I got fooled. It was feeling like a spinoff and I was expecting to see a ND logo.

In hind sight ND quality is higher and I don't think they'd go for that type of horde gameplay. Plus the zombies were different. Not to mention they wouldn't be this far into development.

Anyways. It looks better than half the stuff shown at other press conferences. I just wonder how Naughty Dog feels about how hard Sony Bend is channeling them after working on Uncharted.

wrowa

I'm just kind of tired of post-apocalyptic zombie games, especially since they tend to look all very same-y.

The game is still in development. We saw horizon last year and some people were like, "no, it looks meh". Now the very same people who saw horizon today are like DAMN.

This is Neogaf, is truly a tagline that describes it

The game looks like it has potential, but I was not a fan of the demo. Just running and turning back to shoot every 30 seconds. Didn't really grab me. I think the Giant Bomb guys said it best that the game didn't really have a hook, other than a shit ton of "zombies".

Elitist1945

The only thing I didn't like about this was the gun sounds, and the fire animation. Both of which will be improved greatly by release (hopefully). Other than that, it looks great.

ironcreed

Banned
I think it looks amazing and very Last of Us inspired. The hordes of zombies chasing the player down looked super intense and I just love the woodsy setting and everything about it. Instantly one of my most anticipated.

I was uninspired by the trailer, but I thought the actual gameplay demo was pretty cool.

Yeah this is me, too.

I'm a little weary of the number of third person over the shoulder games shown across Ubisoft and Sony's conferences but I liked the run and gun gameplay on display. That sense of fear when trying to run away from a hoarded of enemies and picking your spots to stop and shoot reminded me of RE4.

Will need to see more, I'm a little burned out on Zombies and third person shooters.

I thought the gameplay looked great. Wasn't sure about it when we saw the cinematic trailer, but I like how many enemies they have on screen. Looks like a different gameplay experience than the last of us.

I liked how the horde of zombies moved in this one - they felt like a real threat, as opposed to other games where they're just meat to kill even in high numbers. It actually felt scary.

I'm close to being over zombies in general, but I think I'm okay with this game so far.

Otnopolit

I think the physics and effects were pretty incredible, alongside the sheer volume of zombies they got on screen without slowdown.

But gameplay wise, I don't want to spend $60 on another zombie game without a unique gameplay experience. Maybe they didn't show enough, but this just looks vanilla in a sea of zombie games.

Disgraced

Damn everything was going well until the shooting started. After that it was a trainwreck featuring the worst third person shooting since spec ops the line.
Maybe, like The Line, the story could be enough for a play. The story trailer was very well done, in my opinion. That said, it had a good lead in with GoW and TLG. If I had seen it isolated initially I can't say I'd feel the same for certain.

Ridley327

This looked really bad to me. Outside of all the "LOOK AT OUR PHYSICS!" stuff they kept doing over and over again, there's nothing unique about what they're doing, and the whole "Sons of Anarchy meets The Walking Dead" vibe looks so boring.

Kaversmed

Boring? Meh?

I think we've reached a point where we are way too spoiled. This was an amazing looking game - I can't wait to see more of it.

AlphaK

This game is definitely on my radar now, it looks like it has a lot of potential. Though it was a strange decision to have it be the game to close the conference.

kadotsu

Banned
The same game, with the same mechanics and fidelity could have been awesome if they just swapped the Zombies with some horde type alien invasion.

dr_rus

Well there is some emotional story attached to this game and I expect there will be a more than just shooing waves and will play close to Last of Us in some ways. Its new IP and seems like they were not quite ready to show the gameplay section yet. I'm positive about this to be good and hope to see a good demo in PSX.

I really really hope that it will not play anything like TLoU. TLoU's gameplay was the worst part of the game. Hoping for a great story and something else to do beyond avoiding zombies.

I don't like demos that make me consciously aware of how scripted action sequences are in video games. I get that's how all action games work, but you could tell that the guy playing it had played it a few dozen times already and knew exactly where to go and what to do to trigger every "event" in the demo. I wish there would be demos where the player intentionally goes off the rails to see what happens when you don't run exactly where the game wants you to advance to the next scene/setpiece. Get messy, improvise, find different routes, etc.

Doesn't matter I guess, since I'm not really the target audience for the 20th post-apocalyptic zombie shooter in the last 5 years.

Top Bottom