• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone (Sony Bend, UE4) - E3 2016 Gameplay Walkthrough

Endless zombie horde kind of killed the tension for me. The number was impressive.

I am more interested in the story! I love this idea of riding motorcycles, and I love the main character for some reason. He's apparently a deacon.

To me, I want to play a good story. I think it shows a world of difference between ND's approach to LoU and Bend's approach here.

Not to be so judgmental, but I do hope the story is as intriguing as it may look. For some reason, I really like the protagonist.

Quotient

Of the game shown this looked the most interesting until the actual gameplay demo - the shooting seemed off and there were numerous times the zombies looked to be right at the characters face and nothing happened.

They could have done a better job with that demo.

I was really tense until the guy walked through the crowd of zombies without any damage. Meh.

Seemed interesting otherwise. Looks like a more actiony TloU. Not sure I'm interested yet.

Concept17

I loved it. Brought back that feel of zombie hordes in L4D, where you would just unload on them and do everything to take em down. This feels more inspired by L4D than say Last of Us.

And we certainly aren't getting a new L4D anytime soon...

This is the worst thing of all of e3.

Days Gone is the Medal of Honor of this generation

lol, hyperbole much

Zukkoyaki

Clearly suffered from being over scripted being an E3 demo and all. Looks cool but I will reserve judgment until a more fluid/natural gameplay demo.

I'm amazed at the hoard of zombies, it looked sooo good. That huge wave of zombies... so good. But, it will have to have an amazing, unique story because this looks bland. Other than that wave of zombies of course.

Harlequin

Kinda mixed feelings on this one. I mean, it looked great for what it is but what it is is another zombie apocalypse game and I was already not a fan of that kind of setting in The Last of Us. So yeah, I really don't care for the setting and as great as this looks, unless its promo really blows me away at some point in the future, I think I'll give it a pass. Kind of a shame considering it sort of feels like a waste of a talented studio to me (and before someone starts complaining, I'll say it again: to me). We'll probably already be getting another Last of Us, anyway, having this take place in such a similar setting just seems a bit redundant.

Eggbok

tumblr_nvckmeTz5Y1rzoi3uo5_r1_500.gif

Anyone else?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The first trailer was good but the gameplay left me feeling pretty cold. As others have said, that might have been because of the way the game was set up for the E3 demo.

Demo was just ok (zombie flood was nice to shoot) and also seems like they were not ready to be shown, but the story trailer was really interesting and got my interest in this game. Hope to see more from this in PSX.

Shredderi

I'm super baffled about the mixed reactions in here. I thought it looked really good and I'm usually siding with the majority opinions lol.

Kaversmed

I literally don't understand the negativity in this thread. Game looked beautiful and I've never seen enemy density like that before. This looked way more interesting than something like Gears 4 in my opinion.

boingball

Need to see more of this game before I pass judgment. While the amount of zombies was impressing they didn't seem very scary, since you could just walk through them.

Zemm

That gameplay demo killed the excitement I had from the earlier reveal, it just didn't look good at all.

dr_rus

So lots of zombies. Well, I might be interested if it'll be more than just shooting waves of mindless enemies running on you.

Yoday

Based on the mountain range in the trailer I am pretty sure this is set in the Oregon Cascades near Bend. The mountain range looks like The Three Sisters. Even without that mountain range it all just looks like the Cascades region. So, that's cool.

Top Bottom