• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

CyrHMrVWIAAuTtO.jpg:large

With Guillermo del Toro involved with this, it would be cool to see some of the projects that him and Kojima didn't get off the ground folded into this. A little Silent Hills thrown in there? A little At the Mountains of Madness? That would be nice to see.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've always found things like this to be incredibly cringe worthy. "The handcuffs mean Kojima was shackled to Konami's oppression" or "Norman is Kojima and the baby is his creation (metal gear) and he is crying because he had to let his franchise go." Fucking cringe, it's clear the baby has a much bigger role in the game.

1480674388265p0rsz.jpg

mikkelsen is the embodiment of kojima's vision corrupted by komani

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Incredible aesthetics and design.
Kojima Productions is truly a one of a kind studio.

That baby is really big boss and the plot is a terminator style kill the baby so the legacy of snake doesn't happen

You must protect that baby like in Yoshi's island

Yoshi's island X metal gear solid
😎

jett

D-Member
It would be odd to me if they had chosen some random 1st party engine. You'd think they'd need the dedicated technical support that Epic could provide, especially since they're a new startup starting from scratch. I figure either Guerrilla or Sucker Punch would be busy with their own projects.

But hey, what do I know. :p

Spinky

This looks absolutely fucking incredible.

This has shot so far up my most anticipated list it's insane. I need this now.

Oh, and this would be a great time to mention that if you haven't watched Mads' Hannibal, you need to change that. It is one of the most incredible things I've ever laid my eyes upon, no joke. I couldn't even sleep after the season 2 finale.

And of course, that show got cancelled too, because we're not allowed to have nice things.

15235771_10157782755835058_2926898442028976290_o.jpg

same one eye is open?
The living (Reeds/Torro) and the unliving (Undead soldiers, possessed machines and even the doll starts moving at the end after being connected to a rope).
Pretty strong symbolism.

Especially considering that the one or other haracter in the game will probably end up being turned into an undead, corrupted thing with a rope attached as well.

Rewatching the trailer makes me like it even more.
Its' pretty much like a cross of Drifters, Clive Barker's Jericho, The Strain and the most horrifying moments from MGS3 and 4. Can't wait to be hunted by the possessed and undead Allied D-Day invasion force.

Vuze

Loved the trailer, can't wait. The whole atmosphere is so good, I just hope they manage to whip up some fantastic gameplay core like in MGSV.

Btw, I get that this was a PS4 promo trailer but is the game still planned for PC?

jett

D-Member
Another year, another baffling gameplay-free trailer for Kojima's latest over-designed not-a-movie.

Konami made the right move.

His company has existed for less than a year. These artistic trailers are actually more than what most developers manage. We won't be seeing gameplay for a long while, for very obvious reasons.

Vagrant

Another year, another baffling gameplay-free trailer for Kojima's latest over-designed not-a-movie.

Konami made the right move.

Yes, they should show gameplay for a game 2-3 years out and that just got a engine this year. I'm sure that'd be representative. Especially worrying they haven't considering the complaint everyone had about mgs5 was the lack of quality gameplay.

muteki

Intrigued as ever but a little bummed to see we may be continuing down a modern military/combat type of environment, though there still seems to be tons of supernatural stuff going on.

It would be odd to me if they had chosen some random 1st party engine. You'd think they'd need the dedicated technical support that Epic could provide, especially since they're a new startup starting from scratch. I figure either Guerrilla or Sucker Punch would be busy with their own projects.

But hey, what do I know. :p

They don't need the technical support of Epic.

They have the equivalent of 1000 engineers: Mark fucking Cerny.

Arkeband

Banned
The first half was not technically impressive - there was very little going on with realistic shading and it looked almost amateur, aside from Del Toro's modeling.

The second half was amazing.

The Eat Standing joke from Kojima is a recurrent joke, playing with letters to get another meaning. In Snatcher, There is a Diner with Billboard : Eat At Joe's: GREAT MEALS and the lights of the letters in bold being damaged. So you get: EAT ME.

Top Bottom