• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

damisa

Can bernie ever let Hillary finish her talking without wagging his finger and giving anderson the look like i want to talk now.

Hillary always allows Sanders his talk without giving him faces or wagging her fingers.

Could you imagine the reddit hate if the reverse was happening, Hillary will never get the leeway other politicians get.

Pineapple

When is it going to become socially acceptable, and even respected, for a political candidate to state that they are atheistic or agnostic?

Saying so, even today, is a quick way to sink your entire political career.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I know it's annoying to many of you but religion/Christianity is still pretty relevant to tens and tens of millions of voters.

Right. Good point.

I don't like the questions or care about the answers but I'm not ignorant to the fact that large blocks of voters do.

Diablos

What you are saying is somewhat fair.

Again, it is still not "tearing it down and starting over"
THAT IS THE DISHONEST FRAMING.

Just admit it and let's move on. What you said here^ is worth discussing. Let's keep it honest.
Sorry if you don't like my choice of words but I'm not being dishonest

stupei

he's clearly trying to instigate an argument i'm not even having. i'm sorry, but don't presume my positions on things and start arguing away.

Frankly, if you don't want to engage with the discuss another poster has started, then you can do that really simply by not responding. If you do want to answer, do so without resorting to name calling. It's pretty simple.

But back on topic.

Ekdrm2d1

Hillary lost my vote. I'm not voting for a person who prays multiple times a day.

5e10ce5.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Trump hasn't killed even a million jews yet, it's really not appropriate.

Do you really think Hitler just went straight from normal dude to the guy that started the Holocaust? It's the rhetoric that keeps getting the two of them compared. To deny that both of them exploit the racial fears of their populace is to straight-up ignore reality.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this is not something I am concerned about but a lot of Americans do care about this.

Not that they should but they do.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Sorry if you don't like my choice of words but I'm not being dishonest

Ok. You think you are not being dishonest, yet you copied this exact phrase from Hillary Clinton and it was deemed mostly false by politifact.

If you are saying something that is incorrect and intentionally misleading it is dishonest. Maybe not intentionally dishonest, but dishonest.

Buzzati

Banned
What do you pray about is irrelevant to politics. Stupid ass question.

It's not irrelevant to a nation that would unequivocally vote against an atheist president on account of his/her lack of religion according to polls. Like it or not, that's the reality. It's a question to gauge where their moral philosophy is grounded in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom