• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2 [22/2 Night PST, 23/2 Morning GMT]

So if you look at Wilder's face after the shot to the ear, you'll see he was totally fucked up from that moment. He reacted as if he was stabbed in the back. Post mortem by tomorrow morning I expect.

We will know if there's a rematch within 30 days. I believe that's the activation limit for the clause, but I could be making this shit up.

I don't think there needs to be a rematch honestly. Joshua the bum should be next, but of course he will run for the rest of his career.

Last edited:
So if you look at Wilder's face after the shot to the ear, you'll see he was totally fucked up from that moment. He reacted as if he was stabbed in the back. Post mortem by tomorrow morning I expect.

I don’t know shit about boxing, this was the second match I ever watched, but Wilder was bleeding out of his ears for a hot minute. When they went to their corners after one round, I watched someone from Wilder’s team wipe blood out of his ear, and more started to flow out.

With that said, how was this fight not stopped at least two rounds earlier?

LostDonkey

I don’t know shit about boxing, this was the second match I ever watched, but Wilder was bleeding out of his ears for a hot minute. When they went to their corners after one round, I watched someone from Wilder’s team wipe blood out of his ear, and more started to flow out.

With that said, how was this fight not stopped at least two rounds earlier?

I think because Wilder does have that potential to pull a punch from nowhere. Both fights against Ortiz he looked to be getting beaten and roughed up and he pulled a wonder punch from nowhere.

I guess if you have that in the bag you have to at least let it go a while.

Holgren

What a performance by Fury, he absolutely wrecked Wilder. I thought it was going to be the other way around but I am surprisingly pleased. Let's hope for a Fury vs Ruiz and then Fury vs Joshua for a GOAT run. Maybe finish his career with Usyk.

Let's go Gypsy King!

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Same shot that did in Joshua did in Wilder, on the AJ and Ruiz documentary Mike Tyson said it best when pointing to his own head referring to the shot

"his equilibrium, thats your equilibrium. He's ok (slaps knee) his body fucked up."

TheStruggler

What a performance by Fury, he absolutely wrecked Wilder. I thought it was going to be the other way around but I am surprisingly pleased. Let's hope for a Fury vs Ruiz and then Fury vs Joshua for a GOAT run. Maybe finish his career with Usyk.

Let's go Gypsy King!
No way do I want to see Ruiz and Fury. Ruiz fucked up wayyyy to much and threw away his shot. It has to be Fury and AJ Or nothing at all.

"And [Fury] looked really fresh at the stoppage, like he could go another 12 rounds."
-"That's because while wilder was losing blood, fury was gaining it"

Some of these takes are cracking me up. Waiting for the post fight press conference on Youtube. I really don't think Wilder can ever fully recover his sense of balance after this. Most interested in doctor determining the damage, and if he can even physically show up for the post-fight, which I guess not expected.

Last edited:
Rabbit punches are hard for me to watch. Obviously, Fury didn't mean for it, but I hope Wilder is OK. Don't want him to end up like the G-Man.

Fury is so fast and skillful. It's good to see him have success again. Went from the brink of suicide to knocking out Wilder. Incredible.

donfonzie

Beautifully done, a boxing masterclass from Fury. TBH I had my doubts because of Wilders right, but Fury pulled it off. Great fight.

Personally, they should've did some kind of cross promotional event after the end of the match with Triple HHH entrance playing and hitting him with a finisher for a WWE feud.

Small update;
Wilder's trainer saying it was just a cut inside the ear canal
Possible problems with his legs is that his costume in the ring walk might have been too heavy

I never liked this guy to be honest, but I sure as hope he isn't lying about the first thing. He has always come across as a bit delusional but you've got to tell a big guy like Wilder the things he wants to hear for the money, and this seems like more of that.

Wilder kept turning the back of his head from pure helplessness, so much so that it was inevitable he would get punched to the side of the head or the back.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Personally, they should've did some kind of cross promotional event after the end of the match with Triple HHH entrance playing and hitting him with a finisher for a WWE feud.

Small update;
Wilder's trainer saying it was just a cut inside the ear canal
Possible problems with his legs is that his costume in the ring walk might have been too heavy

I never liked this guy to be honest, but I sure as hope he isn't lying about the first thing. He has always come across as a bit delusional but you've got to tell a big guy like Wilder the things he wants to hear for the money, and this seems like more of that.

Wilder kept turning the back of his head from pure helplessness, so much so that it was inevitable he would get punched to the side of the head or the back.

lawlll that costume excuse

mekes

Big respect to Wilder for fighting the best out there. Yeah he picked Fury out at a bad time originally, but also at the time that Wilder needed to seek out better fighters. He deserves respect for that. This was the strongest I’ve ever seen Fury and he fought a good fight. Wilder only ever had the threat of the punch, he couldn’t outbox (outpoint) Fury with 100,000 attempts imo.

Im glad that Fury showed some class at the end, Wilder deserved that.

Last edited:

Holgren

No way do I want to see Ruiz and Fury. Ruiz fucked up wayyyy to much and threw away his shot. It has to be Fury and AJ Or nothing at all.

With the tendency Top Rank has to stretch and protect their stars the most they can, I don't see much chances of Fury vs AJ happening right out of the gate. There will definitely be a busy fight in between and hopefully it is Ruiz. Not like he has any chances against Fury though, he is too small compared to him and static of a fighter to bring any real problems to the table. His only chance would come by a surprise shot that wobbles Fury and then batter him diligently, that guy has fast hands.

Last edited:

Romulus

I honestly don't care about another fight after last night. It all came down to how would Wilder react to an in shape Fury, not the drug addict who took 3 years off. We saw last night. Complete domination. I don't think Wilder has the power to knock him out either, even the out of shape Fury got up from his KO double tap. Fury has all psychological edge now too. To him, he's won both fights. Even at his worst he won in his mind and in shape he destroyed Wilder.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
270 vs 217 is a muddafucka. If Fury can maintain his condition he’s going to be the boss for a good run. Lot of respect to both fighters.

The first fight imo should've been won by wilder. Rewatch without the commentary and score it yourself. Could've been stopped at both knockdowns (at the 9 when getting up).
As soon as the ear went it was done. Punch drunk Wilder wasn't gonna be able to finish it. If you've been popped in the ear you'll know. Ears ringing, balance is off, and feels like you're drunk.
Fury did well, disappointed not to get a 12 rounder. The Naseem throwback was awesome.

AJ will outbox Fury & has more power. I like both fighters and can't wait.

Holgren

The first fight imo should've been won by wilder. Rewatch without the commentary and score it yourself. Could've been stopped at both knockdowns (at the 9 when getting up).
As soon as the ear went it was done. Punch drunk Wilder wasn't gonna be able to finish it. If you've been popped in the ear you'll know. Ears ringing, balance is off, and feels like you're drunk.
Fury did well, disappointed not to get a 12 rounder. The Naseem throwback was awesome.

AJ will outbox Fury & has more power. I like both fighters and can't wait.

There is no way AJ will outbox Fury, he is not as technically sound as the latter. If anything it will be the other way around.

Romulus

There was an exchange in the first round and Wilder's face immediately changed. He looked crazy timid and unlike I had ever seen him before.

TheStruggler

There was an exchange in the first round and Wilder's face immediately changed. He looked crazy timid and unlike I had ever seen him before.
That was the behind the head/ear shot, knocked off his equilibrium and then hai legs and body were jelly, same thing happened to Anthony Joshua and Ruiz 1

Mista

Banned
I haven't enjoyed a boxing match this much since a very long ass time

I knew Wilder was done when he fell for the first time. Fury got into his head and Wilder lost it after he fell

He kept on losing balance and power at the same time. The better deserved to win no doubt

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
p6fyszgukwi41.jpg

NickFire

I hope Wilder works out a deal for a rematch after each guy fights another guy or two. I can't imagine he would want to lose the pay day completely by not exercising it at all.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Deontay Wilder claiming his big costume in the ringside entrance "tired out his legs" so he felt lethargic by the second round.

He also claims his contract has an option for a WIlder/Fury III.

Last edited:

MastAndo

That costume excuse is absurd, but he has to come up with SOMETHING to help push Fury/Wilder III - because as it stands, he showed nothing that would make a 3rd fight all that appealing. Still, Joshua vs Fury is the much more interesting option right now.

Last edited:
He told Yahoo: "He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is that my uniform was way too heavy for me.

"A lot of people were telling me, ‘It looked like something was wrong with you.’ Something was, but when you’re in the ring, you have to bluff a lot of things."

It's official. From the horses mouth.

xD

The man has a some serious brain damage or never had one to begin with.

Forgot this oldie. It's a good'un.

Last edited:

mekes

His ego is hurt. He has lost about 16 out of 19 rounds against Tyson Fury. The PR is out of control, people can rally around a fighter who is gracious in defeat, but it’s tough when they act like Deontay is at the moment.

highrider

Banned
Fury just figured out that Wilder can’t fight moving backwards, and it negates a lot of the right hand. It was only a matter of time.
Im not surprised he’s making excuses, this is a guy that has a lot of pride and has never lost, it’s hard to accept a dominant beating.

Top Bottom