• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Ah yeah that was going to be my next question. Vanguard marks are pretty easy to obtain and so is ranking them up. Nightfalls, weeklies, bounties, etc... I suppose if you rarely play on that character that'll be tough though.

Yeah, I might be wrong but I think ranking up in IB will be more efficient. Then I could buy the chest, get lvl 32 gloves, and save the marks for weapons.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Still trying to make this Iron Banner Train of Lush and Power and Glory more than just the engine and a caboose. So far it's me and Bitofadrizzle rolling through Guardians!

PSN: DJ_Lushious

Sorry I couldn't join you this morning - I had to leave for work. Of course, after I said that to you, I played a game or 3 more and ended up an hour late to work. ahh. Will play later tonight.

olympia

So my Titan alt is 28. DESPERATELY needs a legendary chest so I plan on taking him through IB instead of my main. I do have some decent weapons he can use (maxed Thorn, Secret Handshake, Corrective Measure, Icebeaker, Ghallarhorn) but is he going to get wrecked?

I started IB at 20, play smart and you'll be fine.

E: oh shit lol your weapons. Yeah you'll do good

Need to run one more NF. This time on my wittle hunter. Anyone need a hand? He's level 31 now and brings a full stock of arc weapons.

Dave_6

P&T for me (one node from being 331) as I don't have but one decent Arc heavy and it's just a legendary RL. Thunderlord keeps eluding me.

EL CUCO

Any 26's here given it a go in the Iron Banner? My Hunter could use the gear but not sure if he's too low of a level.

How much of a level gap before other players show as "??"

First one for me since I got the Fatebringer. Can't wait to try it out.

AWW YEAH

Vtp71SX.gif

Its going to be a fucking massacre. Gonna roll with Fatebringer and also the Lucky C exotic build on my hunter.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Any 26's here given it a go in the Iron Banner? My Hunter could use the gear but not sure if he's too low of a level.

I was on as a 32, and there was this one guy who was level 26 and doing very well. If we went head to head I'd just thump him, but he just played smart and was always near top of leaderboard.

LiK

You're gonna be crushed as a lvl 26. It's 3 levels.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Xbox One Guardian here.
Gamertag is Truelize

I like long walks on Mars looking for Relic Iron, farming Black Wax Idols underground in the beautiful brown Russian wastelands and just can't get enough of shooting stuff in the face parts.
Add me to play Nightfalls, Weeklies, Raids and Dailies.

PS. I have a level 31 of each class and too many pretty weapons to name.

LiK

I was on as a 32, and there was this one guy who was level 26 and doing very well. If we went head to head I'd just thump him, but he just played smart and was always near top of leaderboard.

That makes no sense. Bungie not promising what IB is all about. A 26 should not be doing well.

olympia

That makes no sense. Bungie not promising what IB is all about. A 26 should not be doing well.

Weapon damage does not make up for a lack of skill/poor team coordination. A couple threads ago I posted a 16-kill streak I got during last IB when I was at level 25.

E92 M3

Xbox One Guardian here.
Gamertag is Truelize

I like long walks on Mars looking for Relic Iron, farming Black Wax Idols underground in the beautiful brown Russian wastelands and just can't get enough of shooting stuff in the face parts.
Add me to play Nightfalls, Weeklies, Raids and Dailies.

I'll add you.

Patience and Time.

Too many things shooting Arc on this nightfall. You will want to keep your distance.

P&T fo dat stealf

I'm using Thunderlord
because I don't have Patience and Time.

LDR 5001 and Thunderlord. P&T isnt that good.

Thunderlord, PnT (Tank) then back to Thunderlord. You're welcome

I still can't decide.

I got an LDR from a Vanguard package, but it's Solar.

I guess I will play with both. LollipoPReapeR has a good idea.

R0ckman

Weapon dammy does not make up for a lack of skill/poor team coordination. A couple threads ago I posted a 16-kill streak I got during last IB when I was at level 25.

Sometimes IB can actually throw me off I was fighting a guy who caught me off gaurd and it was taking me longer than usual to die and I got confused, I ended up killing the guy but I probably could have done better in the shoot out.

WipedOut

3x NF

Hunter: Ruin Wings (as you can see I don't have a Titan)
Warlock: Hide n Seek - Arc - Grenadier, Quickdraw, Full Auto Perk (any good)
Hunter: Plug One.1 (Void - Vacuum, Accelerated Coils, Slide Further)

What I used:
Fatebringer
P&T
One Way Ticket 000 - Arc - Tracking + Fieldscout + Who's Next (Destroyed everything in it's path)

LiK

Weapon damage does not make up for a lack of skill/poor team coordination. A couple threads ago I posted a 16-kill streak I got during last IB when I was at level 25.

I don't think any team coordination matters against low levels. Your 25 guy should be doing no dmg to anyone 30+. I would like to know if mid-20's can still do dmg to a 32. If they do then IB is still nerfed for the masses.

Iron Banner is not that much different from Crucible.

IB 2.0 was supposed to fix that. Even DeeJ posted an image of a red ?? high level guy against a low level.

phen0m24

Patience and Time or Thunderlord. Patience and Time or Thunderlord...

I can't decide.
Thunderlord.
Use an arc LDR.

;)

Edit beaten multiple times. But my load out will be:

The trusty Bringer of Fate
The sexy new LDR in arc flavor
Shiny maxed Lord of the Thunder

Bring it Septic Tank Prime* - you're toast.

*deafmedal's name for him

Hey deaf! This time I have a FB too!
Last time he stole all the kills with Fatebringer.

zewone

IB 2.0 was supposed to fix that. Even DeeJ posted an image of a red ?? high level guy against a low level.
But can a 26 even do dmg on a "??" player? In PVE it shows as "Immune"

That was a fake image. That doesn't happen in the real game.

If you're 3 levels difference you get a decent advantage, but The Dark Below made it so easy to get to 31, I wouldn't expect to see many instances where it feels much different.

olympia

I don't think any team coordination matters against low levels. Your 25 guy should be doing no dmg to anyone 30+. I would like to know if mid-20's can still do dmg to a 32. If they do then IB is still nerfed for the masses.

mid-20's can't do shit to anyone in 30. If someone is too high of a level for you, their level shows up as "??". If you're a sub-30, It's about picking your targets.

That was a fake image. That doesn't happen in the real game.

Yes, it does.

zewone

mid-20's can't do shit to anyone in 30. If someone is too high of a level for you, their level shows up as "??". If you're a sub-30, It's about picking your targets.

Have you actually seen the "??" or are you basing that off the Weekly Update image?

E92 M3

I want to feel like a final boss where an encounter with a 20 is not even scratching me. Please make it happen, IB.

Nightfall hell yea...nothing at all.

#1: Sniper Rifle (3 Asc Energy)
#2: 11 Asc Energy
#3: Legendary Engram (2 Asc Energy!)

Also a Vanguard rank up which gave me 1 Asc Energy!

An epic haul of 17 Asc Energy!

zewone

I will reiterate. In IB, if your guy sees red ??, the high level guy should be IMMUNE just like you would see that in PVE. That was the whole point. It doesn't matter if the low level guy has better skill or not. He shouldn't even bee doing any dmg to a 30+. It shouldn't be like regular Crucible, that was the promise.

I know what you're saying, that's what I wanted.

IB 2.0 is basically the same as IB1.0

Someone posted a chart of the damage fall off, and it's minimal.

I was playing as a 26 vs a 30 and the biggest difference I could tell was that I couldn't kill them with one sniper headshot. It only did 194 damage, but I was using a low impact sniper that wasn't fully leveled.

Top Bottom