• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just trade it in now gamechanger! "borderline unfun" isn't an experience where you want to take the approach of "stick it out and see what happens." :p What's keeping you from moving on?

Qwell

I think Cosmos would make it three and if Driz were around that would be four. Dhruv would be five if he were around too because he likes swords but is terrible at mountain climbing. We can grab a random person from anywhere and still get it done because the team is already stacked.
I'm in the iRawr and co now, but I would be up for running again after our kill (assuming we kill them) if you are still up for it later, but no need to wait for me, but I do appreciate you looking out for me Kadey, always good playing with you.

Demon Ice

Banned
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

Is this a new thought process for the team based on feedback to TDB? Honest question, because I'm curious why you guys designed a whole new type of material (Radiant Shards and Energy) that made the older Ascendant Shards and Energy essentially useless for hitting 32.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm in the iRawr and co now, but I would be up for running again after our kill (assuming we kill them) if you are still up for it later, but no need to wait for me, but I do appreciate you looking out for me Kadey, always good playing with you.

If you have a group already that's fine. I usually play super late so I might be around. Plus there seems to be a lot of people who still need to do it with their alts. You'll be fine with Irawr. Unless Crota chases him again. :)

sjay1994

Is this a new thought process for the team based on feedback to TDB? Honest question, because I'm curious why you guys designed a whole new type of material (Radiant Shards and Energy) that made the older Ascendant Shards and Energy essentially useless for hitting 32.

I also wonder this.

After I got fatebringer and flawlessed VoG... I really don't have an incentive to play it again. Ascendant Shards and energies are useless

FirewalkR

If you have a group already that's fine. I usually play super late so I might be around. Plus there seems to be a lot of people who still need to do it with their alts. You'll be fine with Irawr. Unless Crota chases him again. :)

I got late for irawr's so I'm in if you need someone. 32 titan (defender not maxed tho) and hunter.

Frostburn

Kadey I still need to kill Crota on HM (Have checkpoint on Hunter) and just got my Titan to 32 after a normal run so I'd be up for a full clear or Crota kill on him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I got late for irawr's so I'm in if you need someone. 32 titan (defender not maxed tho) and hunter.

We're jumping the gun. We're expecting them to do it quickly but they might take hours or not even complete it. So let's just wait. Qwell said he has another and a few other people in raid right now also have alts they would like to run again. I'm in it just to help out not necessarily get loot since I'm done for the week except for Hard VOG.

Lessen the grind? I've been playing since the day the game came out. I've been wanting a Gjallarhorn. While I've watched AFK people get a gun I've been grinding to get, or have heard of people getting it to drop for them multiple times.

This game is no fun without fun guns to shoot.

If you indeed work for Bungie, I can't see myself jumping on the Destiny 2 bandwagon after the mess-ups of this game.

Terrible story. Each planet feels like a big circle, instead of a world you feel like you can explore, and your loot tables and RNG is in the pits.

I'm just trying to be honest. I was having a blast playing this game, but when you grind the same strikes over and over, or open exotic chest after exotic chest over and over and there's no payoff, but lazy people get the payoff, there's something wrong with your game.

Deej says he listens to people, yet you created an artificial way to keep people invested in your ten year plan, which is this line of thinking -

Deej: Guys, we may have goofed. Game's ten year plan seems more like ten months, what do we do?
Bungie Employee 1: Well, since our DLC only offers 3 missions and a raid, we can keep people hooked in one way we never thought about.
Deej: What's that?
Bungie: So, everyone is saying they want the Gjallarhorn. How about we remove the ability for Xur to sell it, and make it super hard to get. This will keep people playing, surely.
Deej: Good idea.

Seriously. I already have so many friends who have moved on (rightfully so with a game so lite in content), yet I keep trying to give this game benefit of the doubt.

The grind is getting so frustrating (I know I'm not the only one) that it makes the game not fun, which means you guys' logic at Bungie by making a gun terribly hard to get, is a double-edged sword. Meaning, you guys being selfish with how us customers get weapons will backfire. Not a question of if, but when. I already know so many who have stated they won't fall for the same tricks Bungie put on their customers when marketing Destiny, when it comes to Destiny 2. I surely won't, not when the game gets so annoying by rewarding the wrong people with the right things.

You guys at Bungie fix cheese, but not glitches. You punish players by taking away their heavy ammo, and portals don't work all the time in VOG, while I've seen Crota chase me to the Deathsinger crystal, and you wonder why people cheese?

Gjallarhorn makes raiding fun. It helps us get through your broken game, and you keep it from people.

Customers will speak better with their wallets when it comes to Destiny 2. Unless their the foolish type who will read GameInformers reveal of Destiny 2, where Bungie will state how they learned from their mistakes, blah blah blah, just to get people eating out of their hand, but it will be the same crap. Dinklebot will state he needs time to open doors, which amounts to killing three waves of enemies over and over.

I'm about 2 weeks away from trading my game in. Allow Gamestop to make a profit off of this game, while Bungie gets none of that royalty. Why? Because this game got borderline unfun when you decided to keep players from shooting the good stuff, but keep giving us crap like No Land Beyond.

I understand your frustration. I've been lucky enough to get all but one exotic weapon (4th horseman) but other parts of the game, including the repetitive nature of the missions and the general lack of content has really gotten to me. The expansion didn't add much and the next one will be the same. I'm hoping Destiny 2 will be a more complete game, but I have a feeling they are on such a tight schedule that not a lot will change in regards to content. When I realized that there would be only four planets, two of which I had already seen in the beta, I was very disappointed. Then I told myself that the expansions would add more planets and of course they barely added any new areas let alone new planets. My suggestion to you is to not play the game if you are frustrated. It's just a video game and it's not worth getting upset over. If you are not enjoying it trade it in and buy something else.

Namikaze1

I think just 3 of us ended up getting exotics.

Fig got Universal Remote from Atheon and Red Death from Gorgon chest.

Math got No Land Beyond from Crota and Plan C from Atheon.

I got Red Death from Crota and Plan C from Atheon.

rNilla

I got a Vex that last run
of shit

Still no Timepiece :(

I got No Land Beyond from Crota. Can't remember what Math got.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

This is awesome.

patchday

Another flaw with this game is how old stuff becomes useless so fast.

As we keep getting crap from Xur, who himself has become a relic of the past, the game thus negates the need to do Weekly Heroic, thus making the game easy to quit.

I am sitting on 100+ Strange Coins. Why do Weekly anymore, when I know -

1: I won't be getting an exotic even though it says there's a chance
2: Xur will sell crap the following Friday

I have almost 200 Ascendant Shards. Shows how much of an afterthought everything pre-TDB became as of December 9th.

speak for yourself. Xur brought us Rocket telemetry this week

* That being said, I do think its poor design how so much stuff got obsoleted so fast.

Top Bottom