• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

E92 M3

Destiny is SUCH an asshole.

All I wanted from the Crota hard Raid was a Fang. That's it. If I had got the Fang, anything else that dropped would be gravy. If I never got anything else, that would be cool.

I got the pulse rifle, the hand cannon, and the autorifle. But no Fang, on any of my three characters.

The five dudes I was playing with? 2 or 3 Fangs EACH.

I haven't kept track of what's been posted here, but I assume everybody is apprised of the Crota stat that ensures wizards never spawn, and where you immediately kill one of the Ogres by perching above his spawn point, then kill the other Ogre from a room he can't hurt you in?

Did you kill Crota on normal on any of your other characters?

I haven't kept track of what's been posted here, but I assume everybody is apprised of the Crota stat that ensures wizards never spawn, and where you immediately kill one of the Ogres by perching above his spawn point, then kill the other Ogre from a room he can't hurt you in?

Yep, the two GAF PUG's I've cleared hard with have used these strategies.

Don't feel so bad, this is only the first week of HM. There are people out there who still haven't gotten some of the VoG raid weapons. It does feel like you're getting trolled sometimes where you never get the drops you actually want.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, this is pretty common, and definitely going to be a good strategy to learn and teach. Any communicative group that doesn't have issues with the Swordbearer or shield break DPS can use it and get him down in 18 R2 strikes.

IMO, advanced strategies for knowledgeable groups should focus on getting him down before Ogres.
Yep, the two GAF PUG's I've cleared hard with have used these strategies.

Don't feel so bad, this is only the first week of HM. There are people out there who still haven't gotten some of the VoG raid weapons. It does feel like you're getting trolled sometimes where you never get the drops you actually want.
i really only want word of crota, crazy as i'm sure that sounds to people. the fang is fantastic i'm sure and the only weapon I've gotten from the hard raid so far, but I have a feeling the word will elude me for quite some time. we'll see :p

Sounds good need 2 more for crota at deathsinger Psn skatelivelearn

Thanks for that, nice to jump in and get it done quickly. My hunter continues the trend of energy all day every day for a month, ah well. One day I'll have a weapon that's worthwhile drop and will be so ready to upgrade it.

btrboyev

Since the last update on X1, I cannot go to the Tower without being kicked and if I do make it there I may make it for a few minutes before it kicks me. Really pissing me off.

Another Hawkmoonless night. Not even a single Legendary engram because LiK got them all.

Voidfang Vestments looks so baller with Glowhoo on

Makes you look like a glow stick
Nothing compared to this random level 16 chest.

16344658252_a21dc2f5f2_b.jpg

Korosenai

Just finished 3 Hard Mode runs.

That puts me at 6 for the week. I'm spent.
Im at 5 for the week. Helped a couple of Xbox one gaffers get their first kill about an hour ago. One got the fang and another got the word f Crota, so it made it all worth while.

It was glitchy as hell tonight though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not cheesy at all actually.
i need to watch how they did the ogres again, but hell, there are two of them, you're right regardless.

3 R2s + a super is devastating. I love the idea of having a titan make orbs for the sword somehow, whether up on the platform, the way they do it in this video, or even on top of boomers

LiK

Another Hawkmoonless night. Not even a single Legendary engram because LiK got them all.

Nothing compared to this random level 16 chest.

16344658252_a21dc2f5f2_b.jpg

That was fun. Lemme know if you wanna do another run in the future. Already maxed out Vanguard marks for Warlock already,

z3phon

will anybody be doing CE normal on ps4?
would greatly appreciate if I could tag along to get it done for the first time. I'm lvl 30 hunter.

Omni

Crota Hard Mode on Xbox One, anyone?

I'm online now: Mr Greencastle

edit: full now
That was a solid attempt. We got the general idea down.

Just we maybe needed a stronger sword wielder, I think. He couldn't replenish his health which hurt us after him having to pass it off to someone else after the first run a few times. Plus I dunno if it were lag or something but on my screen there was a delay of several seconds after the sword was available before anyone went to it

Not that I'm being bitter or anything. I had the easiest job :p

Korosenai

Just we maybe needed a stronger sword wielder, I think. He couldn't replenish his health which hurt us after him having to pass it off to someone else after the first run a few times. Plus I dunno if it were lag or something but on my screen there was a delay of several seconds after the sword was available before anyone went to it

If you guys are playing again tomorrow I can use the sword and try and help out.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i need to watch how they did the ogres again, but hell, there are two of them, you're right regardless.

3 R2s + a super is devastating. I love the idea of having a titan make orbs for the sword somehow, whether up on the platform, the way they do it in this video, or even on top of boomers

It was a pretty clean run. I wonder how many tries it took them.

LiK

Yea, any sword user should have a helm with Infusion. Hell, everyone should try to have a helm that gives that perk.

jadedm17

Two man Crota HM. Told you guys this fight will be trivial soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3EWZkLqzVE

This is a completely new strat that makes it look so easy.
The video is still impressive and also very amusing their strategy is essentially ignoring boomers. I'm finding it funny how long it takes Bungie to make these compared to how long it takes the community to pull them apart.

Im at 5 for the week. Helped a couple of Xbox one gaffers get their first kill about an hour ago. One got the fang and another got the word f Crota, so it made it all worth while.

It was glitchy as hell tonight though.

Not just my group then. Crota was almost unplayable earlier.

Raybunny

The video is still impressive and also very amusing their strategy is essentially ignoring boomers. I'm finding it funny how long it takes Bungie to make these compared to how long it takes the community to pull them apart.

It is a good strategy even for groups that have an hard time with Crota. Just gotta make sure they do not jump in front of each other while using the rocket launcher.

PSN Crota CP HM

1. Raybunzy - Titan 32
2. the_log_ride
3. CamoKid42

jadedm17

It is a good strategy even for groups that have an hard time with Crota. Just gotta make sure they do not jump in front of each other while using the rocket launcher.

I thought I'd become good at that until last night on 'B' in a Control match a guy walked in front of me right as I shot my rocket. Yea, don't do that.

M3Rocket

Two man Crota HM. Told you guys this fight will be trivial soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3EWZkLqzVE

This is a completely new strat that makes it look so easy.

Fantastic execution of a very smart plan. They stick to the walls and it seems like boomers tend to ignore them when moving in the arena.

I'm not so sure this is feasible in groups of 6 with rocket launchers. Those rooms are awfully small for six people moving about using RL's. Maybe turn 3 or 4 to be thrall minders while two use FL's up on the perches.

CLBridges

PSN Crota CP HM

1. Raybunzy - Titan 32
2. the_log_ride
3. CamoKid42

I would like to beat Crota with my other character...PSN: GhostFaceDon

Top Bottom