• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

GutZ31

How do I get in the ps4 community? Request has been pending since the update.
There was a misunderstanding in the Destiny GAF Community, and for all of today, no requests will be accepted.

To join, you will need to PM a mod of the group here on NeoGAF to be cleared for the PS4 community.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

RemiLP

Did they do something with dust place? Felt like i just ran through the thing in like 5 mins. Almost no waiting at the doors

There was a misunderstanding in the Destiny GAF Community, and for all of today, no requests will be accepted.

To join, you will need to PM a mod of the group here on NeoGAF to be cleared for the PS4 community.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Who are the mods? You're the Community owner, can I PM you?

Thanks. Only got 63 at the moment and was planning on spending most of it on 3oC... Though I could use a 310 helmet to infuse my Azoth Bend and get it to 310.

What's the current best way to get coins? I seem to be able to get only around 30 a week.

Decrypting Engrams and leveling up factions.

3 3oC's down, no Exotic Engrams.

Did they do something with dust place? Felt like i just ran through the thing in like 5 mins. Almost no waiting at the doors

Some of the encounters have a chance of having the doors unlocked depending on what enemy pops up

It's nice~

YO PS4

STOP REBUILDING DATABASE WHENEVER I TURN YOU ON

There are different configurations. I like it when it skips the door scanning in the second part, because that part is always tedious.

breakfuss

He does, and ran one yesterday with many open spots that had to be filled on the fly.

Mkk. Is there a waiting list or something? A raffle? Do I contact him directly? Is he taking 291s? I tried it yesterday with mostly people I didn't know and it went terribly. I need someone to be...gentle.

Waldini

GAF DECIDES!

... I burned through 300 coins the last 2 weeks. Spend most of them on Three of Coins. 90% of the received Exotics were duplicates.

I really REALLY want that "Utron" Hunter helmet. Should I burn my 38 (yes, that many) coins on 2 Engrams and pray to Xur? Or go the Three of Coins way?

GutZ31

Who are the mods? You're the Community owner, can I PM you?
Today is cleaning only, so even if you PM me for an invite, it will go unchecked until the community has been purged of false GAF, and suspected non-GAF users.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

The current mods in charge of accepting/denying requests are;
Hawkian
iRAWRasaurus
Afrocious
GutZ31

2 other mods are in play, but main purpose will be event planing, and guidance.

It's pretty damn great. I got all these drops (290) from using 3oC over the past 2 weeks. And I still have 15 uses left and I'll buy another load today from Xur.

Telesto x 3
Hawkmoon
4th Horseman
Truth
The Stag
Obsidian Mind
Voidfang Vestmants
Crest of Alpha Lupi x 2
Impossible Machines
Zhalo Supercell
Don't Touch Me

Sweet drops! So do you use them for doing strikes or something like that?

GAF DECIDES!

... I burned through 300 coins the last 2 weeks. Spend most of them on Three of Coins. 90% of the received Exotics were duplicates.

I really REALLY want that "Utron" Hunter helmet. Should I burn my 38 (yes, that many) coins on 2 Engrams and pray to Xur? Or go the Three of Coins way?

38 will net you 25 3oCs, if you're very lucky you get like 5 engrams, but likely less, and then you have to be lucky those are helmets. Getting 2 helmet engrams is obviously better

Do Hunters even get a Void melee? I just got a Hunter Artifact that gives Void melees a chance to generate an Orb. Does the regular knife stab count?

The light level curve slows down once you hit 290

Book of Sorrows. There's an actual explanation for it.

Ascendant Hive have "throne worlds" they can create and resurrect themselves from when killed. You can only permanently kill an Ascendant if you kill them inside their own throne world - they can be resurrected, even if they die in someone else's throne world. So we aren't even permanently killing Oryx's daughters in the raid.

Figured as much. Didn't know if even the Deathsingers crafted their own ascendant realms. Guess there's a lot of Hive throne worlds out there.

One neat little touch I noticed a while ago: while you're going through Crota's realm you can see the Dreadnaught hanging in the sky.

^ It's totally intended for him to not always sell Y2 weapons.

That's the first legendary I got in TTK, have been infusing it ever since.

Such a great, reliable sniper rifle.

Still have the one with Firefly, too. Sogood.gif

GlamFM

Banned
So why did you run the raid multiple times? To practice your first person Mario skillz? Look, people might be frustrated trying to level, here you are at 305 saying "why bother, 290 is enough!" You don't see how that is condescending? And wtf does your multi-raid clears have to do with anything? I'm 304 with 1 raid clear, what is your point?

So you want to reach max light after your first raid clear? 2 weeks after TTK came out?

That's not how loot games work.

My point is that you are not locked out of any content because you're 290 light or whatever.

Better gear is the carrot on a stick, it's what keeps you playing on every reset day and very much what Destiny is all about.

Chasing better gauntlets is fun - owning them not so much.

GutZ31

Figured as much. Didn't know if even the Deathsingers crafted their own ascendant realms.
The lore for the sisters is pretty great in the book of sorrows.
they created a gate across light years of space and, leading to a run in with the vex.

Mupod

yeah any weapon engrams I get are very likely to be dupes or even worse, 290 dupes. So I bought a helmet engram for my titan and it...turned into a 290 dupe. Impressive since he only has two exotics. I spent the rest on coins, lol.

Jas

44 fragments, damnit! Missed the last fragment in the raid on the 2nd platformer puzzle.

Didn't get any calcified fragments off of the antiquted runes I used the last 2 weeks :(

The lore for the sisters is pretty great in the book of sorrows.
they created a gate across light years of space and, leading to a run in with the vex.

Wasn't that Crota?
One of Oryx' sisters goaded him into ripping a dimensional tear. Then the Vex came pouring out.

The Sisters were the ones who developed the
Oversoul

GutZ31

Wasn't that Crota?
One of Oryx' sisters goaded him into ripping a dimensional tear. Then the Vex came pouring out.

The Sisters were the ones who developed the
Oversoul
Yup, but Crota didn't create any of it. Just used what the sisters had already created.

X-Frame

I feel like I want to spend most of my coins on the 3oC instead of engrams for 1 slot that will undoubtably give me a lot of dupes.

Though in general there just seems to be a small pool of exotics coming from engrams now so even then I'm not sure how worth it they are.

Yup, but Crota didn't create any of it. Just used what the sisters had already created.

I really like the concept of the Deathsingers. Even back during the Crota's End days. Weaving death through song, it's awesome.

Destiny really feels like a fantasy tale with a sci-fi jacket. It's very inspiring for my own work.

SeanR1221

If you don't have it, get he nighthawk. It's so good in the raid.

How are other pieces of armor??

Going to do some heavy 3oC farming. I want 310 exotics now that I'm 301

Tecnniqe

Banned
I just want a Year 2 Helm of St. 14 for my birthday. C'mon Xur.

Happy Birthday
tumblr_m0femvCswS1r8gsqgo1_250.gif

May your 310 Saints drop as mine did.

Thanks. Only got 63 at the moment and was planning on spending most of it on 3oC... Though I could use a 310 helmet to infuse my Azoth Bend and get it to 310.

What's the current best way to get coins? I seem to be able to get only around 30 a week.

Prison of Elders 28 is meant to be good for coins, we can do some later before raiding if you like :)

Top Bottom