• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

OneUh8

I will have to send my request to join the community, but I guess I should wait until you guys get it all sorted out?

EDIT: Sorry for the terrible top of the page post ;)

Bizazedo

The seemingly limited pool of exotic drops is depressing. So many invective, 4th horsemen, and chests of alpha lupi.

Is anyone else here searching for the Sleeper?
I know there's a Reddit for it, I've been keeping up with it for the past few days but there's way too much trolling to sift through and with yesterday's "hint" (Deej said that "the truth is out there") making people believe they need to use the Truth rocket launcher... I think I want to seek out smarter folk for this.

Anyway, I personally believe those mysterious and random patrols you receive have something to do with it, but I've yet to come up with any results.
Bungie also mentioned that they "don't want to spoil the secrets hidden in the landscape" in yesterday's update. Now I'm not terribly familiar with Bungie games (only played Halo 1 through to the end), but I'm well aware of their penchant for hiding things in seemingly unreachable parts of the world. I really hope it's not something like that... but I have a feeling it might be.

Kal_El

I love new threads. I received a 310 Last Word yesterday and i'm thinking about turning it into fodder but it was my favorite crucible weapon. With I Ron Banner coming up i'm thinking about it. Maybe i'll make my raid scout 310 or Tlaloc or Jade Rabbit or something.

Also farm CoO for drops. I spent about 2 hours there yesterday with 5 others and received great loot. Remember to walk slowly into the zone for maximum chance of other players being there.

Bradach

My raid buddies killed warpriest last night for the first time. It was a rush, great encounter. Now on to the next lad with the spider back.

Any tips for him?

Its your birthday?

Happy birthday!! 🎉

Happy Birthday
tumblr_m0femvCswS1r8gsqgo1_250.gif

May your 310 Saints drop as mine did.

Happy birthday!

Happy Börthsday

Happy Birthday dude! Hope Xur comes through for ya!

Thanks guys. Unfortunately no Saint, and now I'm dangerously low on coins. At least I got a bunch of 310 infusion fuel.

noomi

I know there's a Reddit for it, I've been keeping up with it for the past few days but there's way too much trolling to sift through and with yesterday's "hint" (Deej said that "the truth is out there") making people believe they need to use the Truth rocket launcher... I think I want to seek out smarter folk for this.

Anyway, I personally believe those mysterious and random patrols you receive have something to do with it, but I've yet to come up with any results.
Bungie also mentioned that they "don't want to spoil the secrets hidden in the landscape" in yesterday's update. Now I'm not terribly familiar with Bungie games (only played Halo 1 through to the end), but I'm well aware of their penchant for hiding things in seemingly unreachable parts of the world. I really hope it's not something like that... but I have a feeling it might be.

One of our buddies (XO) is going nuts trying to find it, I actually think depression is setting in for him and he wants it so damn bad lol.

Trickster

My raid buddies killed warpriest last night for the first time. It was a rush, great encounter. Now on to the next lad with the spider back.

Any tips for him?

Have your 2 most competent people be the ones that do the
gaze switching

The 4 other guys have a super easy job

I know they can drop at 310. I'm saying the ones that Xur sells, are they capped at 290? I'm 305 I bought three exotic helmet engrams that all decrypted to 290

Think I decrypted like 5 exotic engrams after hitting 300+ before just getting my first 310 today.

I had a damn dream about the gun

It involved that tower mission on earth, the letters of the name stood for shit(IE S.L.E.E.P.E.R.) and shit. I couldn't sleep. It's why I'm here now. FML

Tovarisc

I can't be only one who finds it amusing that we need move slowly, crawl, from zone to zone so servers can keep up and give us instance with other players? Smells like not so good istancing tech/design.

Prison of Elders 28 is meant to be good for coins, we can do some later before raiding if you like :)

Ugh, I break out in cold sweats when I think of PoE. Such a mind numbing activity. I'd rather just do 36 lvl strikes and farm more blues. Though now that we're 40 maybe it'll go faster...

noomi

There was supposed to be a crazy storm hitting within the next few days on the east coast... looks like now it's not.

Coolio!

Nothing stands in the way of me and Destiny!

GlamFM

Banned
There was supposed to be a crazy storm hitting within the next few days on the east coast... looks like now it's not.

Coolio!

Nothing stands in the way of me and Destiny!

Was even on the news in Germany.

So it´ll miss you? Good!

Its RNG really. All engrams have a chance to decrypt 310 even Xur's should do that.
All the engrams that have dropped from raids and strikes have been 310 since I hit 300 Just wanted to know if anybody got a 310 from Xur. Don't want to waste more coins on him. I'm thinking more three of coins.

I had a damn dream about the gun

It involved that tower mission on earth, the letters of the name stood for shit(IE S.L.E.E.P.E.R.) and shit. I couldn't sleep. It's why I'm here now. FML

At least you didn't dream of endlessly swording something vague like I did yesterday after 3 hours of Spindle runs lol. But we beat that encounter, so I had my revenge beforehand.

Bogeypop

I'm thinking the person or persons who are sending you those mysterious Patrols are either The Stranger or the Nine. So if it's The Stranger maybe do Patrols around areas where you met her in the story? If it's the Nine, it might have something to do with those cards and emblems hidden in the world that people have been finding?

They need to make it easier to use an inventory item instead of having to go into the menu every damn time.

Like....like how you can equip the new dance, have it so you unequip another emote and put an item there so you can use it on the press of a button

Fuck

I'm thinking the person or persons who are sending you those mysterious Patrols are either The Stranger or the Nine. So if it's The Stranger maybe do Patrols around areas where you met her in the story? If it's the Nine, it might have something to do with those cards and emblems hidden in the world that people have been finding?

You know I saw an emblem yesterday on the Mars Crucible map. It was green and an arrow pointing up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They need to make it easier to use an inventory item instead of having to go into the menu every damn time.

Like....like how you can equip the new dance, have it so you unequip another emote and put an item there so you can use it on the press of a button

Fuck

We've been asking for that since beta. Makes me miss my PC days when I see dumb stuff like that.

Tovarisc

Fuck

"I have few seconds between encounter phases to pop synth for some heavy ammo, it's enough time. Let me just pop menu open and go into inven.. oh.. it's loading and loading and loading... and loading..."

Also why it randomly moves shit around? Like some times ammo synth is in last row, but then suddenly in 1st row?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well Xur gave me Skyburners Annex which is something I wanted but also got Helm of Inmost Light which I doubt I'll use on the Titan. Just purchased more 3oC instead so have 26 left. Grind some more strikes for more Strange Coins.

Lnkn52

So any reviews so far with the Community feature? Haven't had a chance to mess around with it, especially since it's not on the mobile app.

Any tips for him?

Congrats!

If your team is struggling with passing the gaze, it's possible to down him by just doing one orb at a time. Have one person grab the gaze, while the other 5 dps after downing an orb. When the gaze is done everyone jumps out and clears adds. Repeat.

It certainly takes longer this way and many raid vets would scoff at this method but it's safe, simple and a good way to progress if your team is feeling stuck.

ReNeGaDe124

So what's the best way to use 3oC? At the start of the strike or right before the boss? Also, should I play Heroic strikes or level 36 strikes for exotic farming?

LiK

I fucking love this sniper rifle. It's like a mini rocket launcher that reloads lightning quick.

happy I listened to someone's advice and infused the Spindle into it. it's 308 atm. very awesome sniper. much better than the Raid one.

Tovarisc

Congrats!

If your team is struggling with passing the gaze, it's possible to down him by just doing one orb at a time. Have one person grab the gaze, while the other 5 dps after downing an orb. When the gaze is done everyone jumps out and clears adds. Repeat.

It certainly takes longer this way and many raid vets would scoff at this method but it's safe, simple and a good way to progress if your team is feeling stuck.

They also should at least try and give some practice to "right" 6 orb tactic in preparation for HM raid. Also encounter just goes faster. 1 to 3 orb tactic is slower, but plays it very safe.

So what's the best way to use 3oC? At the start of the strike or right before the boss? Also, should I play Heroic strikes or level 36 strikes for exotic farming?

Dont think it matters. Just use one at some point before killing an ultra, and if you dont get an exotic drop then pop another before you kill the next ultra.

xinek

I can't be only one who finds it amusing that we need move slowly, crawl, from zone to zone so servers can keep up and give us instance with other players? Smells like not so good istancing tech/design.

Is this an urban legend, or has someone actually done testing to see if going slowly helps? I'm always sprinting around the Dreadnaught, and I often find people playing at CoO.

Top Bottom