• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

void666

Banned
My raid team failed me yesterday. Only a few showed up and we had to abort.

On the bright side i now have 3 exotic swords.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Draksis is still a very viable route to go honestly.

I spend 29 coins on him today because I just couldn't be arsed to run pointless strikes anymore, got 2 primaries and a helmet.

So that's less than 14 coins per engrams, and 2of those were weapons. That's a bargain

Hmm, did you wait at all before the next run or did you just run it like everyone was doing pre-nerf?

You can get into a secret area in Paradox mission by glitching your way in. You end up getting a dead ghost from a chest at the end. you will have to hand over the cult ghost to the FWC lady afterwards. It's part of a quest no one has gotten yet. Folks who did it are keeping the ghost in their inventory just in case we fucked things up by glitching our way into there.

Here's a vid of me and two gaffers getting into the secret area:

http://youtu.be/dDuQ4xejRgA

what's the glitch? I didn't see a glitch really.

phen0m24

I went between the first area and the next place down to the left. There's tons of relic iron nodes between the two, and the second area has a relatively easy Taken Champion that spawns constantly and triggers the three of coins.

Am a big fan of the Scablands for iron chests.

For yellow bar Cabal, the Taken lieutenants and ultras the Hollows can't be beat. The lieutenants are easy to find and you can go under the corner of the building on that sand hill and lay waste to the ultras.

Ok so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: IcyTurds
03: Duebrithil - Can you please confirm
04: Sleepy Buddha - Can you please confirm
05: K1t4j - Can you please confirm
06: Friend

If there any changes to guys above, please let me know.
We will be looking to start earlier than last week since I finish work/gym earlier.

Does around 8PM ish GMT suit everyone?

Incase someone cant make it, is anyone else interested as a reserve?

Huh, 8PM UK is earlier than I was expecting. Will have to have dinner earlier but I'll be there.

I actually did zone swapping trick for first 5 rares, then it stopped dropping completely. I think 4-5 rares is the limit per area per spawn, then you have to switch areas or go to orbit and come back.

There is definitely no limit per zone, I farmed the same piece of spinmetal in the rocketyard for all 10 rare drops.

Trickster

Ahhhh i see! So i run a lot of lvl 36 strikes in the list... keep running those back to back? When to pop a three of coins now... one right before each boss kill?

Just pop the 3oC when you want really. The only ultras in the strikes are bosses. So whether you pop it at the start of a strike or right before the boss is irelevant.

Though like I said, Draksis is still a very ok choice for exotic farming. Yes it's less efficient now than before, but you're probably still looking at an exotic per 10 3oC/14 strange coins. Which imo isn't bad at all, especially given that you can find weapons from the 3oC farm.

Hmm, did you wait at all before the next run or did you just run it like everyone was doing pre-nerf?

same as pre-nerf. I probably took 1-1½ minute per kill since I also kill some of the adds while waiting for him to come to me at the entrance. Had cooldown on the heavy synth when I didn't get heavy ammo drops from adds. kill between engrams were 10, 9, 10

Namikaze1

what's the glitch? I didn't see a glitch really.
One person stands next to Praedyth's remains. One stands on the vex gate in the jumping puzzle. A third joins in from orbit. As the third is loading in, the guy next to Praedyth activates his remains to end the mission. He kills himself immediately. The guy at the portal kills himself immediately after. Screen will say zone of darkness at the corner if done right. You will spawn in the secret area because of the third loading in. The two in the mission will have to kill themselves while the third joins in to make this work.

Ok so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: IcyTurds
03: Duebrithil - Can you please confirm
04: Sleepy Buddha - Can you please confirm
05: K1t4j - Can you please confirm
06: Friend

If there any changes to guys above, please let me know.
We will be looking to start earlier than last week since I finish work/gym earlier.

Does around 8PM ish GMT suit everyone?

Incase someone cant make it, is anyone else interested as a reserve?

I'll be there with certainty at 20:30 GMT, but I'll try to be online earlier.

MrDaravon

Ugh, no real luck from Xur with Engrams. Bought 6, none decrypted at 310. Got 2 I didn't have (Insurmountable Skullfort and the Stag) and very slightly better rolls than two helmets I already had (Skyburners and Celestial) but that's it. I did buy the Titan Gloves and Warlock chest though, didn't have either of those. The weekend is still young, time to grind some coins!

Just pop the 3oC when you want really. The only ultras in the strikes are bosses. So whether you pop it at the start of a strike or right before the boss is irelevant.

Though like I said, Draksis is still a very ok choice for exotic farming. Yes it's less efficient now than before, but you're probably still looking at an exotic per 10 3oC/14 strange coins. Which imo isn't bad at all, especially given that you can find weapons from the 3oC farm.

same as pre-nerf. I probably took 1-1½ minute per kill since I also kill some of the adds while waiting for him to come to me at the entrance. Had cooldown on the heavy synth when I didn't get heavy ammo drops from adds. kill between engrams were 10, 9, 10

Awesome info... i think i'll start with a few on good old Draksis and move on to strikes later. Thanks!

Trickster

Awesome info... i think i'll start with a few on good old Draksis and move on to strikes later. Thanks!

Just keep in mind that it's not like my test sample is very substantial. Might be I just got lucky. So don't be mad at me if you don't get the same ratio at draksis :p

Honestly though, I'd rather farm draksis and get an engram per 10-15 3oC, than grind strikes for hours on end, just to get the max efficiency out of them. And it's not like I'm swimming in strange coins/ 3oC.

noomi

Rift with randoms is just a complete setup for failure.

I saw a thread about this on reddit, and I'm not sure what changes matchmaking has had with the TTK release but I've noticed that probably 90% of the crucible games I got into, I get stuck on a noob team while the enemies are all MLG pros....

Shit is infuriating, does Bungie think my KD is so good I can carry a team of 5 to victory?

No.... noone can do that.

Kyoufu

No the level cap was never increased in the past. For VOG you could only get the helmet on HM and for Crota it was different set of weapons to normal mode.

I believe 310 max level will be the cap for now atleast and the Hard Raid will probably start at 300 and end at 310, just like how normal mode begins at 290 and ends at 300.

.....what's the point of doing Heroic mode if we're not going up in power from the rewards? What incentive is there?

j-wood

Is heart of the praxic fire any good? I never had the year one version. It doesn't seem like the perk is great since you have to USE radiance not for the res...am I thinking about it wrong?

Lnkn52

Rift with randoms is just a complete setup for failure.

I saw a thread about this on reddit, and I'm not sure what changes matchmaking has had with the TTK release but I've noticed that probably 90% of the crucible games I got into, I get stuck on a noob team while the enemies are all MLG pros....

Shit is infuriating, does Bungie think my KD is so good I can carry a team of 5 to victory?

No.... noone can do that.

1% can carry 99%

Just keep in mind that it's not like my test sample is very substantial. Might be I just got lucky. So don't be mad at me if you don't get the same ratio at draksis :p

Honestly though, I'd rather farm draksis and get an engram per 10-15 3oC, than grind strikes for hours on end, just to get the max efficiency out of them. And it's not like I'm swimming in strange coins/ 3oC.

Lol, no i completely understand! I'm with you on that logic... i'll post back throughout the day with my findings and let everyone know.

RemiLP

Any kind guardians wanna help me with the fears embrace mission? Im at the boss.

Feel free to jump in.

Psn: Camsterhamster93

One person stands next to Praedyth's remains. One stands on the vex gate in the jumping puzzle. A third joins in from orbit. As the third is loading in, the guy next to Praedyth activates his remains to end the mission. He kills himself immediately. The guy at the portal kills himself immediately after. Screen will say zone of darkness at the corner if done right. You will spawn in the secret area because of the third loading in. The two in the mission will have to kill themselves while the third joins in.

How did you guys figure this out?! Lol. I mean it is the Namikaze but still. Also, loading in meaning...in orbit and flying over Venus? The Portal is the one by the end of the VoG right, by Atheon across the way?

If this gives you something as a reward for doing it, the Sleeper Simulant is most definitely something like this in a quest revolving around Rasputin. Also, I'm not the only one obviously who's spotted some of these emblems hidden around Crucible Maps and beyond? Specifically, the last one I recall, was a green arrow pointing upwards on a Mars Crucible map. What are those? I think I also saw one on a container in Cosmodrome with a Red HoW mark.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the new OP Boguester! Title made me laugh aloud

PSN Community Note: I want to apologize to anyone who finds themselves removed from the PSN community that did PM looking for admittance. I misunderstood the process and the PSN interface yesterday and added a lot of people including some that potentially should not have been, so I am removing a large number of users today. I will try to preserve all those whose names I remember but I'm sure some legit requests will be removed by accident. If you are removed, please just PM me or any other mod again for access and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Is heart of the praxic fire any good? I never had the year one version. It doesn't seem like the perk is great since you have to USE radiance not for the res...am I thinking about it wrong?

Its a grenade machine.

Back in the PoE days i could DPS down bosses with nonstop fusion grenade barrage.

Not sure how it fits in now but still a solid piece. Does the year two version still give the heavy ammo increase?

You used to be able to max out heavy ammo with this and some boots

Lnkn52

PSN Community Note: I want to apologize to anyone who finds themselves removed from the PSN community that did PM looking for admittance. I misunderstood the process and the PSN interface yesterday and added a lot of people including some that potentially should not have been, so I am removing a large number of users today. I will try to preserve all those whose names I remember but I'm sure some legit requests will be removed by accident. If you are removed, please just PM me or any other mod again for access and I apologize for the inconvenience.

how's that feature working out?

I submitted to be added

Just look for good ol DrROBschiz

Though i admit that i have been mostly playing with close friends cuz everyone is back into destiny again

My guess is probably primary weapons with burns, similar to the adept weapons from the 9:0 chest in ToO.
None of the adept Osiris or harrowed Oryx weapons that have been datamined have elemental. They're all 310 in the database, though. They're both black versions of the weapons.

Its a grenade machine.

Back in the PoE days i could DPS down bosses with nonstop fusion grenade barrage.

Not sure how it fits in now but still a solid piece. Does the year two version still give the heavy ammo increase?

You used to be able to max out heavy ammo with this and some boots

I used it during
Oryx and could almost kill two Ogres by myself with the fusion grenades
so it's still decent.

Namikaze1

How did you guys figure this out?! Lol. I mean it is the Namikaze but still. Also, loading in meaning...in orbit and flying over Venus? The Portal is the one by the end of the VoG right, by Atheon across the way?

If this gives you something as a reward for doing it, the Sleeper Simulant is most definitely something like this in a quest revolving around Rasputin. Also, I'm not the only one obviously who's spotted some of these emblems hidden around Crucible Maps and beyond? Specifically, the last one I recall, was a green arrow pointing upwards on a Mars Crucible map. What are those? I think I also saw one on a container in Cosmodrome with a Red HoW mark.
Yeah, loading as in from orbit and hearing Ikora give you the mission brief as you're loading in. It was found by some folks over at reddit.

LiK

don't you dare remove me~

Kyoufu

Anyone else tired of Cayde? I can't stand his lines anymore. Funny the first and second times but painful after. :(

M.D

Cross posting from the TTK OT

Are there any gaffers who recently purchased the game and running the old content? I'm looking to buy it next week, but I need some people to play with..

PuMa

To be perfectly honest with you, while I'm sure it has a lot of potential good, I'm not certain how we're meant to be using it yet at all. I could use a tutorial.

Settings > Notifications > Community Notifications > OFF

That's all I've done with it so far.

Damn, didn't check GAF for almost 2 days and we're already in a new OT!
Will the question finally be answered after 5 tries...

Looking forward to some Destiny time tonight :)

Top Bottom