• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nice got 290 Suros from a 3oC.

I really need a 310 hat and all I ever get from 3oC are Telestos. Is there some way to get a lot of strange coins fast?

36 Strikes is all I do and you sometimes get more when reaching a new level over 40. Engrams would be the other. I'd say in the past couple of weeks I'd earned around 180-200 Strange Coins.

Edit: Top of page. All them Telestos.

jaaruj.gif

Bizazedo

I am betting against that. Bungie doesn't want RNG to be the determinant qualification for heroic. Luke made it seem like 300 is the golden place and everything above is just gravy.
Making it 310 or higher doesn't make it RNG determined, though. It just means gear will drop to get us to 320 or higher.

Namikaze1

We know First Curse quest pops up at rank 5 for gunsmith.

People are speculating the Paradox thing is part of the No Time To Explain quest.

We know that the DVALIN items are for Sleeper Stimulant quest. We just don't know what to do to get the quest.

i still think it requires gunsmith rank 5 to just get a quest :D
You get a quest at rank 5. Just not for Sleeper Stimulant. :(

Namikaze1

^^ it's been confirmed. Someone already has the quest which is for First Curse.

buy some more from Variks, cheapest option at the moment as you should have a lot of Ether Seeds in stock.
You mean second cheapest cause I could get 3 for just 1 coin. Don't have to spend any glimmer at all.

E92 M3

Making it 310 or higher doesn't make it RNG determined, though. It just means gear will drop to get us to 320 or higher.

Sure it does when I'm constantly getting pieces at the 300-302 range. It's all RNG and Luke specifically mentioned that people shouldn't sweat it.

Deku Tree

Rocketyard is terrible for Lieutenants. Too much geometry.

Stick to Divide. I cleaned up both my Champions there in about 20 minutes (with randos).

So can u do the Taken Champions in skywatch three times and get it? Or do you need to kill one champion in each area: skywatch, divide, rocket yard?

MrDaravon

For those looking to complete emblem collections, Eva is selling Victory Eagle II today, it's a very rare one and the first time it's been sold since TTK came out unless I missed a day or something.

So can u do the Taken Champions in skywatch three times and get it? Or do you need to kill one champion in each area: skywatch, divide, rocket yard?
It depends on which step/quest you're doing. If it's the one that just has you kill 2 champions and collect items you can do the same one over and over. If it's the one that lists three specific names you have to do each one in their respective zone.

You mean second cheapest cause I could get 3 for just 1 coin. Don't have to spend any glimmer at all.

well, i would argue that strange coins are more valuable and useful now to be used for year 2 weapons, armor, engrams and 3oC's from Xur :D But if you have 500 coins, sure, go for it. I'm all out already.

Tovarisc

One guy has it. It's for The First Curse and the whole questline has you wait for 2 different weekly resets :( Quest looks annoying IMO.

What kind space magic he used to get 1+ ranks more than anyone else who has done all GS stuff? I have done all test weapon stuff and not gotten Fusion Rifle drops since release week of TTK, just got tad over Rank 4 barrier. 5 easily few weeks away.

What kind space magic he used to get 1+ ranks more than anyone else who has done all GS stuff? I have done all test weapon stuff and not gotten Fusion Rifle drops since release week of TTK, just got tad over Rank 4 barrier. 5 easily few weeks away.

I believe he did the pre release testing, then it reset again on wednesday after TTK allowing him to get an additional 1250 XP.

Tovarisc

I believe he did the pre release testing, then it reset again on wednesday after TTK allowing him to get an additional 1250 XP.

I also did pre-release round of testing (with NFall buff) and instantly on Wed after TTK release, when new guns were available for tests. Where is my extra rep :(

Edit: inb4 Sleeper is GS Rank 25 quest

No weapon? Bummer!

Sorry if this has been covered but...

What's the general consensus on the Three of Coins now post-nerf? I was getting about 1 exotic engram per pack of 5 pre-nerf... what's everyone getting now and is Draxis still the most efficient method to farm?

No weapon? Bummer!

Sorry if this has been covered but...

What's the general consensus on the Three of Coins now post-nerf? I was getting about 1 exotic engram per pack of 5 pre-nerf... what's everyone getting now and is Draxis still the most efficient method to farm?

Don't do Draksis. They nerfed the effectiveness of them when you use them close to each other.

Mupod

Best area to farm relic iron for the sword quest?

I went between the first area and the next place down to the left. There's tons of relic iron nodes between the two, and the second area has a relatively easy Taken Champion that spawns constantly and triggers the three of coins.

Trickster

Don't do Draksis. They nerfed the effectiveness of them when you use them close to each other.

Draksis is still a very viable route to go honestly.

I spend 29 coins on him today because I just couldn't be arsed to run pointless strikes anymore, got 2 primaries and a helmet.

So that's less than 14 coins per engrams, and 2of those were weapons. That's a bargain

We know First Curse quest pops up at rank 5 for gunsmith.

People are speculating the Paradox thing is part of the No Time To Explain quest.

We know that the DVALIN items are for Sleeper Stimulant quest. We just don't know what to do to get the quest.

You get a quest at rank 5. Just not for Sleeper Stimulant. :(

what paradox thing?

boofa

Neo Member
Only scored 2 310 helms from 9 engrams and the rest were all dupes of stuff I already had :( One of the 310 was a stag that I'll never wear, thinking about infusing it into my Devouring Maw. At least the other 310 was a Graviton :)

MrDaravon

Wasnt she selling it last week?

If she was I missed it. I've been pretty good about checking the emblem and ship vendors every day (OCD in wanting to complete the Collections) and unless I missed a day which is possible I haven't seen it. I'm down to few enough emblems from her that I just have a list of what I'm missing :p

In looking at that stuff this morning I realized that there's an emblem and ship exclusive to getting flawless in Trials. Well fuck.

Deku Tree

It depends on which step/quest you're doing. If it's the one that just has you kill 2 champions and collect items you can do the same one over and over. If it's the one that lists three specific names you have to do each one in their respective zone.

Lieutenants bounty anywhere. Champions no.

Ok I just need rocket yard champion now then... Had him down to zero health solo. Ran out of ammo, jumped in with sword, boss surrounded by like 15 taken, sword decides to instead turn and track on low level taken nearby. I die. Even times out. Ugh.

Edit ok it's done.

Very first area where you land for patrolling. Just go around in circles with Relic Iron ghost detector. Its basically vanilla Destiny farming routes.

I had more luck going zone to zone. Buried City by far has the most nodes. The old route is fine if you're going for relic iron but the amount of nodes in the first area isn't all that high

Ok so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: IcyTurds
03: Duebrithil - Can you please confirm
04: Sleepy Buddha - Can you please confirm
05: K1t4j - Can you please confirm
06: Friend

If there any changes to guys above, please let me know.
We will be looking to start earlier than last week since I finish work/gym earlier.

Does around 8PM ish GMT suit everyone?

Incase someone cant make it, is anyone else interested as a reserve?

Did they raise the level cap with hard modes in the past? I didn't actually do any raids on hard until the end of House of Wolves.

No the level cap was never increased in the past. For VOG you could only get the helmet on HM and for Crota it was different set of weapons to normal mode.

I believe 310 max level will be the cap for now atleast and the Hard Raid will probably start at 300 and end at 310, just like how normal mode begins at 290 and ends at 300.

Namikaze1

what paradox thing?
You can get into a secret area in Paradox mission by glitching your way in. You end up getting a dead ghost from a chest at the end. you will have to hand over the cult ghost to the FWC lady afterwards. It's part of a quest no one has gotten yet. Folks who did it are keeping the ghost in their inventory just in case we fucked things up by glitching our way into there.

Here's a vid of me and two gaffers getting into the secret area:

http://youtu.be/dDuQ4xejRgA

Lnkn52

Ok I just need rocket yard champion now then... Had him down to zero health solo. Ran out of ammo, jumped in with sword, boss surrounded by like 15 taken, sword decides to instead turn and track on low level taken nearby. I die. Even times out. Ugh.

you're not using your Spindle?

I had more luck going zone to zone. Buried City by far has the most nodes. The old route is fine if you're going for relic iron but the amount of nodes in the first area isn't all that high

I actually did zone swapping trick for first 5 rares, then it stopped dropping completely. I think 4-5 rares is the limit per area per spawn, then you have to switch areas or go to orbit and come back.

Ok so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: IcyTurds
03: Duebrithil - Can you please confirm
04: Sleepy Buddha - Can you please confirm
05: K1t4j - Can you please confirm
06: Friend

If there any changes to guys above, please let me know.
We will be looking to start earlier than last week since I finish work/gym earlier.

Does around 8PM ish GMT suit everyone?

Incase someone cant make it, is anyone else interested as a reserve?

If you're Xbox One I'll be a reserve.

Tovarisc

Did they raise the level cap with hard modes in the past? I didn't actually do any raids on hard until the end of House of Wolves.

Last encounter in HM raids have been 1 level above what players can get to at that time. E.g. player can get 32 => last boss is 33.

I actually did zone swapping trick for first 5 rares, then it stopped dropping completely. I think 4-5 rares is the limit per area per spawn, then you have to switch areas or go to orbit and come back.

After the 4th one if you stay by the chest for over a minute the loot should return.

Top Bottom