• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesther

Left stick looks iffy. I doubt it's real, especially given the fact that it's nigh identical to a patent that got out months ago. It seems far more likely that a Nintendo fan just recreated that controller to cause some reactions. And damn did it work,this thread delivered. Some hilarious shops in here.

Reallink

Haven't Nintendo officially acknowledged the U-pad was a mistake, blaming it for the Wii U's high price point, lack of price cuts, and citing difficulty finding any real break through utility? It doesn't make sense they would double down on an even MORE expensive U-pad with seemingly LESS utility. Either it's fake, or this is actually their next portable and not strictly the NX controller (though it could possibly serve as both).

whipihguh

Banned
On top of everything else, it looks like whoever made this only looked at the controller patent image of the person holding the controller, as the other pictures of the patent controller clearly show it having handles, but it can easily be missed if the only source used was the drawing of the hands holding it.

Hisoka

This won't be it pals.
They already saw how expensive their Wii U Controller is. There's no reason for a screen on the Controller.
The only way they go that route would be, that this is in the same time the handheld/sort of.

Aren't people in this thread overreacting?

I'm starting to think there's a Nintendo-smearing campaign going on...
Ever since the PS4 #nodrm campaign in 13' there has been an unexplainable 3rd party controlling things with strings attached behind the scenes with an all seeing eye. 👁 Big brother is watching you.

sfried

Rather overreact than staying quiet and getting screwed over by poor design choices since no one said a thing
But...is this even real?
Ever since the PS4 #nodrm campaign in 13' there has been an unexplainable 3rd party controlling things with strings attached behind the scenes with an all seeing eye. �� Big brother is watching you.
No. I just find it incredibly coincidental that there's negitivity towards Nintendo in every single Nintendo-based thread on GAF. Yes, even a Satoru Iwata tribute thread...

It's a fake. Look at the cut-out on the left stick and how the shadow doesn't look quite natural. Other than that, it's not a bad fake.

That's not to exclude the possibility that the real controller might look like this, but I doubt it.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
10964059_865933623457726_1008310004_n.jpg

JoeM86

If this is true, then my stance remains the same as it was when the patent came out.

This is a terrible idea. Removing buttons for touch screen inputs and blocking parts of the screen constantly. Yuck.

Hopefully it's fake, or optional if it is real. I'm fine with Nintendo experimenting with inputs...I love the Wii Remote and the Wii U GamePad, but I see nothing beneficial or cool with this controller.

Why are people criticizing Nintendo for a fake/no context photo?

I've noticed lately that with fakes, people have started taking the "real until proven fake" view.

If this is true, then my stance remains the same as it was when the patent came out.

This is a terrible idea. Removing buttons for touch screen inputs and blocking parts of the screen constantly. Yuck.

Hopefully it's fake, or optional if it is real. I'm fine with Nintendo experimenting with inputs...I love the Wii Remote and the Wii U GamePad, but I see nothing beneficial or cool with this controller.

It has to be fake. It makes no sense in every way. Gameplay wise, it looks impractical, useless and gimmickal. It lacks too much button, even if you can put them on screen, this isn't practical in any way.

Cost wise, and that is the most important. I think Nintendo is too cheap to both have a formfree screen that also has haptic feedbacks for the button feel. That sounds like in term of cost, something too expensive for something without any appeal.

This is basically a Wii u gamepad with a screen below your fingers, and less buttons. No one in their sane mind could think it's a good idea.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If it's not fake, the final product won't look that ugly. This looks exactly like a prototype to be used with/as the devkit.

Henkka

Banned
I mean if it's fake, it's a pretty good fake.

I suppose in the age of 3D printing, it's not impossible that someone would print that. But then you would need to produce a convincing image of some videogame-looking rocks and and photoshop it onto the controller. If that image is from something pre-existing, I'm sure GAF detectives would've identified it already.

So to produce this fake, you have to be skilled in 3D modeling, 3D printing, real-time graphics and Photoshop.

Guys in the off chance this is real it's likely a prototype and no way in hell the final shape. Remember the bananarang-DS3?

I kinda wanted one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom