• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF]: Can Sony REALLY Convert PC Players To PS5?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Killjoy-NL

Phrase it however you like, we don't care. The second we accessed the game without logging in, it was over. It doesn't matter what you say or how you feel about it (I keep repeating myself, is it so hard to understand?)
I would go so far as to say that in Europe where I live, it is illegal to prevent you from accessing content you have already used (and purchased) by requiring you to create a mandatory account. They should have done it from day one without any bugs, don't care for servers issues, it's their problem not mine.

Stop throwing shade at PC gamers because you are mad.
What would I be mad about? I'm not the one getting worked up over it.

And like I said, Sony doesn't give two shits about your petty whining and threw you a bone to shut you up.

Your the one getting butthurt over me pointing it out.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
What would I be mad about? I'm not the one getting worked up over it.

And like I said, Sony doesn't give two shits about your petty whining and threw you a bone to shut you up.
You seem pretty mad to me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Your the one getting butthurt over me pointing it out.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

You are not mad but you keep quoting people about this particular things

"you won a battle, but lost the war" lmao you are asking for this, and every time I will see you bringing this back no matter the topic I will quote you to put your noise in it.

Like Sony gives a shit about your feelings. They just want the money, they took the L for Helldivers II but yet people like you can't let it go. Grow up, take the L and move on.

Keep playing on PS5, it's a great system, and I'll keep playing Playstation games on PC.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Hopefuly you didnt waste much of your time with these screenshots just to change my point from 1 to 2 years

Nah, it was the most basic of searches. And it's such a weird gaslight attempt to pretend there's no difference between 1yr and 2 yrs.

In most cases it was almost exactly 2 years. So the PC user knows that he will only have to wait 2 years in order to play it.

Not "only". We keep you waiting for the ones you care about the most.

bSTiGIo.jpeg

IBsMycD.jpeg

So start showing Sony PlayStation some respect or you'll never see a single Bloodborne frame displayed on your precious Asus monitor, you filthy PC PEASANT!

Animated GIF

AGRacing

They converted me to PC / steam deck! Maybe I'll buy a pro for GTA6.

If you're in Calgary and want a PS5 - I'll give you a good deal for mine. Message me.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
So start showing Sony PlayStation some respect or you'll never see a single Bloodborne frame displayed on your precious Asus monitor, you filthy PC PEASANT!
I mean you guys keep saying that but at the rate things are going the game is more likely to be emulated than ported. They either port it and get easy money or they dont and we play it ourselves. especially with all those PC decompilations for retro games going on

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I mean you guys keep saying that but at the rate things are going the game is more likely to be emulated than ported. They either port it and get easy money or they dont and we play it ourselves. especially with all those PC decompilations for retro games going on
Bloodborne will likely be the first fully emulated PS4 game. It’ll have been a long time but we’ll get there.

Sony are only holding those two games back because they know they're popular with PC gamers.

But I'm not even sure Demon's Souls has cleared 2 million sold yet, seems to have backfired on them.

My personal opinion is that Sony sees the "conversion opportunity" as both negligible and really good for PR purposes.

In other words, they want money from PC players but not at the expense of 30% cuts of 3rd party games sold on PSN, overpriced controllers, and shameless lack of remorse for blocking online unless you pay an 80 annual tax. By expressing hope for conversions, they can avoid saying most of this.

This is what I think as well. It's similar to Rockstar and their strategy for double dipping. I doubt the money they make from that is massive but why leave the money on the table? Same thing Sony is thinking. This wont convert much but why not try and convert some?

Even one of the guys in the DF video says it. None of his friends have an Xbox anymore because of day and date on PC but they all have the other consoles. His friend looks like he wants to downplay the comment but you can tell he has nothing to come back with.

Nah, it was the most basic of searches. And it's such a weird gaslight attempt to pretend there's no difference between 1yr and 2 yrs.

bSTiGIo.jpeg

IBsMycD.jpeg

Animated GIF

Add GT and MLB the show as well.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It's cute when console gamers think this is relevant. The majority of PC players play on low to mid-range rigs because 99.99% of the games run just fine on those. Look at the most played titles on PC: CSII, DOTA, LoL, Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblox, lots of indie games and all that stuff. It's funny that PC players have this reputation for being obsessed with graphics when it's only a small subset who really care about top-tier hardware. Console players care much more about big graphics with big budgets as evidence by Sony being the premier provider of those.

The guys playing on low to mid-tier hardware ain't leaving PC to pay for online and play Uncharted 5. They'll remain on PC to play Counter-Strike and whatever indie fad catches fire.

Its a long game that the PC audience is playing here.

High end PC audience mislead the console fans into thinking that only power is what matters, which in turns make the console fans to be obsessed into graphical power, far more so than PC players. Sony fall into the same trap, as they starts making high end games to satiate the console fans, leading to higher development cost and Sony themselves porting to PC too. All while PC players of all spectrum plays all sorts of games from AAA games, to low end games like Palworld, Among Us, Phasmophobia.

Taycan77

Its such a stupid discussion anyway, and Sony should know better.
Sony have 4-5 years of real world data and insight into what Microsoft's strategy has done to their business.

On forum's like this we have people with high-end PC hardware who are heavily invested in gaming. Your typical Steam user will have picked up a ready built PC or laptop from their local electronics store. A multi-purpose machine for school, work, media, gaming - fine for Fortnite but sub-optimal for the types of AAA titles PlayStation has made their name with.

For these consumers it's much more cost effective to pick up a PS5 for a high-end experience. For those like me who enjoy new tech and would be tempted by a high-end PC - I cannot justify the 3x cost of such a machine over the upcoming PS5 Pro. My crappy laptop can carry out all the work and media tasks I need and even a few Indie titles and emulators. But for AAA gaming the console experience on a big TV serves my needs.

Hugare

bSTiGIo.jpeg

IBsMycD.jpeg

Animated GIF
.... I have a PS5 and I dont even have a gaming PC, dummy

I thought you wouldnt be dumb enough to use "old" games as examples, but here we are.

Both Demons Souls and Bloodborne (specially this one) were released at a time when Sony probably didnt have the strategy of releasing their games on PC set in stone yet.

So some games from that time may get a PC port, others wont. But today, we know that every new Sony game will get a PC release.

PS: Joke's on you, I have my PS5 connected to my ASUS monitor

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
It's the other way around for me. There's no way in hell I'll get a PS5 now that all games are coming to PC.

hinch7

Given the reaction from Sony trying to force PSN log onto HD2 on Steam, should give you the answer that question.

And now the gates have been open for ports and being this late in the generation. There's actually less incentive for Steam users to buy a PS5.

Last edited:
Nope, they can't convert PC players to PS. On the contrary PS players might move to PC. I was one of them. Since moving to PC I am not going back. The only console that I might buy will be the series x when it hits the sweet spot of $99 and use it as a 4k blu ray player

spons

Gold Member
Nope, they can't convert PC players to PS. On the contrary PS players might move to PC. I was one of them. Since moving to PC I am not going back. The only console that I might buy will be the series x when it hits the sweet spot of $99 and use it as a 4k blu ray player
I doubt it will ever reach 99 bucks, and it doesn't support Dolby Vision on Blu-rays if you care about that at least.

Despite the comments from a lot of PC gamers here on forums and stuff I think a lot more are likely to buy a console than a lot of people think. Enthusiast forums are not at all representative of the overall PC audience.

I don't convert means sell your PC to get a PS5. It's more convince somebody that is PC only to buy a PS5 alongside their PC. How many they expect to get who knows as PC players are notoriously finicky. I think it's reasonable to believe that somebody could play Horizon/God of War/whatever, and go hey that was fucking awesome maybe I'll grab a PS5.

Some players you will never get, but I think the vast majority of PC players are not like the people you meet here and other places on the internet. PCMR is not nearly as common in the real world.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They are bringing the food to my house. Why should I go to their house to eat the food there.

Someone never heard of the age gap.
Ps4 kids are now old enough to buy their own PS5.

They are practically shoving the food down now

Helldivers 2, Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima released with God of War Ragnarok in a couple of months.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Despite the comments from a lot of PC gamers here on forums and stuff I think a lot more are likely to buy a console than a lot of people think. Enthusiast forums are not at all representative of the overall PC audience.

I don't convert means sell your PC to get a PS5. It's more convince somebody that is PC only to buy a PS5 alongside their PC. How many they expect to get who knows as PC players are notoriously finicky. I think it's reasonable to believe that somebody could play Horizon/God of War/whatever, and go hey that was fucking awesome maybe I'll grab a PS5.

Some players you will never get, but I think the vast majority of PC players are not like the people you meet here and other places on the internet. PCMR is not nearly as common in the real world.
i mean, if we're talking about the common PC player, they're out there with a mid-low range PC playing one or two games religiously + the ocasional release, big or small.

The greatest issue with this whole "strategy" is precisely because a lot of these Sony games don't have nearly as much swaying power as people in enthusiast forums seem to believe. I think GTAVI has many more times the chance of sway PC only players into getting a console than any game Sony makes from now on.

As Rich say, they make PR calling Playstation users to watch their livestream like State of Play, but they show God of War: Ragnarok coming to PC with better graphics, higher framerate and more options than PS5, so IDK why people think otherwise.

Thats is not how brand loyate works. You need to show why being a Playstation/Sony user is important. Just like Nintendo is doing.

THIS is what I've been saying as a PS5 and console gamer in general and I'm flabbergasted at how many PS5 owners aren't as annoyed with Sony (and MS) as I am the last several years! Sony has been doing SO LITTLE for us this gen it makes me sick.

Similar to the stunt they pulled announcing Ragnarok PC, they've been releasing superior PC games all gen and sticking us with the PS4 versions of these games, albeit with a 60 fps "gen 9 aware" patch. Days Gone, GOW 2018, amd Horizon Zero Dawn are all ps4 versions. You'd think they would AT LEAST update those to PS5 versions and bring whatever upgrades they can to PS5 and you would think PS5 owners would be vocal about this but nope ...

Now we have games made initially on PS5 that are going to PC so it's understandable for PS5 to not get patched ...tho it would've been a nice gesture from Sony if they tried to improve these games if possible.

I'm not annoyed about Sony this gen simply due to jealousy that PC players are getting Sony games. Anyone who tries to claim that is disingenuous and a gaslighting doofus...what all PS5 owners should be upset about is Sony putting less EFFORT into the PS5, patches, and in delivering the type of next gen games they promised us back in 2020!. That's the problem with Sony going multiplat from a PS5 players perspective! Every time someone on console complains about losing exclusives and resources being spread too thin we get gaslit like crazy.

Still waiting for a next gen Sony exclusive BTW. How can that even happen when Sony won't utilize the SSD/io of the PS5, since they are now developing EVERY game for the PS5 AND a massive number of PC configurations that don't have the same i/o speed or efficiency??

Crayon

PC gamers are pretty diverse in their habits. Surely some would think about getting a ps5 depending on the situation but saying just about anything about pc gamers as a monolith is bound to be more wrong than right.

Killjoy-NL

You seem pretty mad to me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

You are not mad but you keep quoting people about this particular things
Because a lot of people keep bringing stuff up.
"you won a battle, but lost the war" lmao you are asking for this, and every time I will see you bringing this back no matter the topic I will quote you to put your noise in it.
Because a lot of people keep bringing it up.

Also, ever heard of expressions?
Like Sony gives a shit about your feelings. They just want the money, they took the L for Helldivers II but yet people like you can't let it go. Grow up, take the L and move on.

Keep playing on PS5, it's a great system, and I'll keep playing Playstation games on PC.
No, Sony doesn't give a shit about me either.
That's why I don't get mad over whatever they do.

Besides, there is no L for me here.

Last edited:

hinch7

all these new accounts and psn subs havn't increased with them hmmm. They all just playing f2p?
People are forgetting that the pandemic happened not so long ago. Gaming has massively increased in popularity since the years following lockdowns. And the PS5 and Xbox Series launched around those times, while millions were stuck at home.

Last edited:

Fredrik

At the rate they release PS5 games on PC they'll more likely convert PS5 players to PC lmao.
This.

Especially with the new Playstation overlay which help them feel at home.

Microsoft walked the same path, last gen, and they did more, they had their own launcher with purchases shared between console and PC, and cloud saves too. Still didn’t work, only made people jump to PC for better performance and graphics and mods.
I really don’t see any reason why Sony would do better, it already feels great to be on PC instead and they’ve only just started.

Last edited:

sendit

I would play exclusively on the PS5 if they:
+ released a revision every year to ensure it keeps up with the latest PC hardware
+ native mouse and keyboard support

killatopak

Gold Member
They can. At least those that are mostly in it for low cost mainstream gaming. AAA games was amazing for pc in the past because of the frequency and how huge the discounts were. I don’t see them much anymore. The glory days. At least with console, you’re guaranteed at least 7 year support without min requirements holding you back. Very big emphasis on low cost gaming. Obviously not for the high end rig users.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Guys playing on low and mid-tier rigs aren’t interested in AAA console games for the most part. If they were, they would have acquired one ages ago. Sony games on PC besides Helldivers II haven’t set the charts on fire so why do you think this would change now compared to 10 years ago?

The casual PC crowd will keep playing their Minecraft, Terraria, CS, and all those games.

Fredrik

Guys playing on low and mid-tier rigs aren’t interested in AAA console games for the most part. If they were, they would have acquired one ages ago.
Yeah that’s my experience too, structly anecdotal of course but most of my friends are on PC and going by this bubble many don’t even know what Uncharted and Horizon etc is, even now when they are on PC I’ve had to explain what type of games they are. It’s like console-exclusives don’t even exist. Most just play multiplayer shooters and RPGs, some strategy games too, which hasn’t been Sony’s thing. They know about Gran Turismo though, that’s probably Sony’s biggest IP within this bubble, but not enough for anyone to buy a console to play it. Only me and one other guy have a PS5. And I’ve stopped using mine because of the ports. So I can’t say I have high hopes for Sony’s plan to convert PC gamers to console gamers. But I’ll enjoy seeing them try since it means more PC ports!

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member

bSTiGIo.jpeg

IBsMycD.jpeg

Animated GIF
You can connect a Playstation to an Asus monitor, tho.

Kataploom

Gold Member
There's like shitloads of games available on PC, including exclusives that appeal way more to average PC players to even think on getting crazy in the latest cinematic game from PS. I'm sorry but some will bite while most just will continue playing on PC as if nothing happen and will get late ports because most don't care much about waiting anyway.

If there are games that will make PC players get a console those would mostly be Nintendo and Rockstar games.

For the first time in my life I have been extremely disappointed in Sony's offerings. It's been nothing but mediocrity across the board. At this point, they should go the way of Sega and focus on games and maybe the occasional controllers. My console has become my PS4 "Pro" at this point.

ClosBSAS

Ya its the other way around lol. I have a ps5 but just in case, its never turned on. Only day i will turn it on is when bloodborne 2 comes out.

BlackTron

Gold Member
For the first time in my life I have been extremely disappointed in Sony's offerings. It's been nothing but mediocrity across the board. At this point, they should go the way of Sega and focus on games and maybe the occasional controllers. My console has become my PS4 "Pro" at this point.

Sega made great games on a failed console, Sony's 1P offerings disappointing you are on a very successful console.

Their main reason to make games is to support the console so people are using it when buying their next mtx. Sad truth is that it's working better than ever.

Top Bottom