• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Face-Off: Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Xbox One trumps PS4

Vashetti

Banned
Companies don't want to send them out either and, heck, I had to buy the ps4 version myself anyways.

Is there any chance we could ever get PS3/360 comparisons back?

They'd make a nice weekend 'filler' article when there's not much news. The games are pretty cheap nowadays.

I suspect the Xbox One is the lead platform on most games now because of how difficult it is too work with comparatively and the other platforms are afterthoughts.

Kerub

Banned
Honestly, framerate isn't as important in this gen as it was with 360/PS3. I'd say the next-gen versions are equally good.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wow, wut?

*grabs ps4 and smashes it to the ground*
you have brought shame to the family

the-best-ps4-unboxing.gif

ivzsgRknNM3O4.gif

Lmao so because of this article, you're not going to play and enjoy the game. Wow.

He's probably being sarcastic; at least we can hope. The PS4 version is fine. It indeed drops in certain locations, but it's still playable and most of the game is 60fps. I appreciate technical breakdown articles like this but at the same time it really brings out the fucking stupid in people.

Did they ever use the word "trump" when PS4 did the same to Xb1 (TR and MGS for example)?

Anyway shame on Capcom, the game's graphics are even below PS3 levels, it should run smoothly on both consoles without a sweat.

This is unusual, so they do a sensationalist headline. I really don't have an issue with it, it's cool to see that both consoles can out preform each other given the game.

Only if the person writing held actual bias towards the Xbox One which is most certainly not the case here.

The ps4 version sucks. It's quite disappointing. I had that version on pre-order (the disc) but ended up cancelling after this.

Do you have a recommendation for the brightness setting since the XB1 version appears to have FUBAR gamma with this release?

EGM1966

Only if the person writing held actual bias towards the Xbox One which is most certainly not the case here.

The ps4 version sucks. It's quite disappointing. I had that version on pre-order (the disc) but ended up cancelling after this.

They're referring to putting "XBO trumps PS4" in the byline not the content. Whether click-bait or whatever it clearly will attract contention. It's not like they put the opposite all the time for PS4 or bothered noting PC trumps console.

don't care but using that byline opens them up for criticism by those who wish to do so and it's something they chose to do themselves not people reading something into the text itself (may not even have been the author of the article - who knows).

dmr87

Shitty optimization? Shocking news. Game should be rock solid on all platforms considering how it looks.

I'm playing on the PC anyway, IF I'm even going to play this.

Seanspeed

Banned
No no, not you. RL does tend to inject a little more subjective material into his df stuff tho.
I'm not sure many people realize there are two types of analysis with DF, a preview analysis, usually with major releases, and is shorter and often talks a bit about other aspects of the game, and then a full analysis, which sticks mostly to the technical stuff.

Thanks Capcom, I have taken my entire RE Collection and all my Playstation consoles and run them over in my car thanks to this.

Nephtes

Maybe Capcom's Xbox Team is so bored from not having anything to do with Street Fighter V, they're putting their energies into other places... ... ...

Welp the PS4 had a good run, but there can only be One...

But seriously, I almost bought this on PS4 because of the reviews and by impulse. I guess I'll wait it out.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I suspect the Xbox One is the lead platform on most games now because of how difficult it is too work with comparatively and the other platforms are afterthoughts.

What? With that logic the PS3 would have been the lead platform last gen.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I pray to god people aren't taking this too serious and that half of these comments are jokes.

Woke up this morning with a stomach ache. Went poo. Looked in the toilet. There was a PS4 floating in there.

Wasn't even surprised. I flushed that shit.

To heck with these low reviews, inferior version "games".

I pray to god people aren't taking this too serious and that half of these comments are jokes.

People just poking fun :)

big_z

was expecting this to be a solid 60 on both considering how it looks. really strange to see the ps4 suck it hard on this one. I wonder if the performance issue is related to the 16xAF, might explain why some games lack any texture filtering on the ps4.

will buy this one on xboxen.

What in the moist barrels of fucks is that PS4 performance?

Also those pop ins from 5 feet away. Was this game done by like two people? So glad I waited before getting this.

Arklite

The article calls the PC version 'smooth as butter' but I've been reading the exact opposite of performance from Steam users. At the moment I can't even launch the PC version due to it still believing it's locked through pre-release, and then it doesn't even have local co-op. There's a truly botched release version here, and it's not one of the console versions.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
That's the least of it. Wait until people register DF really did put in the byline "XB1 trumps PS4" and argue they need to go back and change majority of previous analysis to include byline "PS4 trumps XB1"

Also that's some weak ass PS4 work there. Capcom really screwed optimization somehow or threw PC/XB1 code onto PS4 and assumed it would just work fine.

I really have the impression that some people have some serious superiority complex deeply connected with their choice of console and fell personally treated bad and unfairly if another console ever has a better version of a game or whenever there is something negative said about their console of choice. A huge deal of that rage is unloaded on Digital Foundry, for whatever reason.

Lol @Santa smashing the console with a hammer above, where is this from?

WITHE1982

LOL, there is clearly an issue with the PS4 version of the game and not the PS4 itself guys come on now.

I'm not convinced. Looks like Sony may have pulled a stealth downgrade on the console. Not happy at all here to be honest. My PS4 is out of warranty as well so I can't even get a refund.

vpance

PS4 being too easy to code for is backfiring. Devs are just dumping their shit code and hitting the go gold button.

Top Bottom