• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Face-Off: Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Xbox One trumps PS4

Needlecrash

Color me shocked. And to think, I just cancelled my PS4 pre-order for this game a few days ago. I just saved myself some money. I wonder if the optimization for the PS4 just got jacked up somehow.

Kuro

So far it looks like there is a total of 2 games that is superior on the x1 and definitely a result of really poor optimization on ps4.

Derpcrawler

0RemIIg.gif

x-Lundz-x

I'm not convinced. Looks like Sony may have pulled a stealth downgrade on the console. Not happy at all here to be honest. My PS4 is out of warranty as well so I can't even get a refund.

Damn, PS4 getting dem DX9 downgrades and XB1 getting them DX12.1 upgrades...

Guess it's time to pack it up and sell the PS4. :(

QaaQer

Tain

The article calls the PC version 'smooth as butter' but I've been reading the exact opposite of performance from Steam users. At the moment I can't even launch the PC version due to it still believing it's locked through pre-release, and then it doesn't even have local co-op. There's a truly botched release version here, and it's not one of the console versions.

I have a gsync setup and was getting weird micro stutter until I turned on the in-game 60fps cap. Was a little sad that I couldn't play at 144hz.

Percy

Banned
I can't believe what a hard time some of you are having identifying obvious sarcasm in many of the posts in this thread.

Orayn

So this is what it's come down to now in the video games press, nitpicking stuff in games to get clicks for their site?

Eurogamer have been doing performance/visual comparisons between the different versions of games for years. The earliest one on their site is from 2007.

Occam

P1ivfKP.png

They should crush Xbone's blacks a little further, then the game would be all black and could probably run at 600fps.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
My guess on this is that different teams handled the different versions and, as the engine is well suited for DX hardware it seems like the PS4 team struggled for some reason. There are strange visual differences between them that you wouldn't expect. Minor stuff like shadow striping on PS4 in some instances or different DoF in other scenes. It's very strange.

Honestly, for my money, this is one of the worst PS4 port jobs we've seen yet. They really screwed up here and it's really disappointing as this was the version I would have purchased. REmake also had issues on PS4 (frame pacing) but nothing like this. MT Framework really seems to have some issues with the system at this point. Hopefully it won't be used too much more when their latest engine is finished.

Do you have a recommendation for the brightness setting since the XB1 version appears to have FUBAR gamma with this release?
Honestly, the default seems to be just as good as any selection. Decreasing it eliminates detail while increasing washes things out.

What makes you so sure? Are you this person?
Yes.

Top Bottom