• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the words of Mark Cerny "pretty cool, right guys?"

4k vs 1800p :messenger_grimmacing_

Could you imagine this thread if it was the other way around?

The load times are very impressive, considering the huge difference between ssds. Applying the same logic sdf uses. XSX "wins" on that front as well right?

Now we're talking about waiting for patches for the Ps5. The irony after all the gloating when it was said XSX was said to need a patch.

No worries, im sure NX will cook up a whole video just using the part of the level where the xsx has some frame drops 😉
Oh yeah....be interesting to see how NG and VG tech spin this one....it will most likely be a frame drop in 1 second of a 30 minute video

going to be a long generation for some people

Concern

20 fps is 20 fps and LOL XSS

1800p is 1800p

Salty GIF by memecandy

kyliethicc

How is this a win lol?
Because some people would gladly play a game with a bit higher res throughout that drops a few frames, while others wouldn't, etc.

Its great console war ammo. Same with all the previous comparisons. Its fun and DF made an entire business around it. The market is there lol.

Most of us can't even notice the difference between 2160p and 1800p with our eyes, and most of us can't tell when a game is dropping a few frames once or twice.

Stuart360

Um both tools are going to be different by then so I'm not sure what your saying. I'm actually expecting improvements for both (hopefully).
Well of course both will improve, but the rumours were than XSX tools were BAD compared to PS5 tools, and its using a different SDK, and yet the games so far have only been slightly better on PS5. Once both consoles have good tools, the 2tf, will have to come into play, even if its just resolution related.

Comparing the PC benchmarks with the console results, it’s kinda weird for me that the PS5 isn’t native 4K/60 as well. A RTX 2070 can run it at 4K/60 with ultra settings, and the PS5 performance indicates (from previous comparisons) that it’s right there between a RTX 2070 and 2080.

Maybe it’s some sort of oversight or something that will be patched and improved later on, just like Dirt 5 did on Series X. Would have wanted DFs comment/explanation on that performance gap, since they called out Series X underperformance on Dirt 5 and called it a „bug“, but now are just basically saying „well, it’s probably just the stronger hardware on XSX.“

Well of course both will improve, but the rumours were than XSX tools were BAD compared to PS5 tools, and its using a different SDK, and yet the games so far have only been slightly better on PS5. Once both consoles have good tools, the 2tf, will have to come into play, even if its just resolution related.

Well unless there's some weird bottleneck that prevent it from having a 2TF advantage.

Edit: To clarify that difference is calculated based on the theoretical maximums. The actual difference could actually be less or more than that.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
and to think this ps5 had marketing dips for this game. not surprising as sony tools were more matured and devs had more to show and tell.

but the rate at which SX powers back on, is amazing.

so this game we see SX post a 44% resolution lead over ps5

what do you know. tools make people like fools 🤷‍♀️

Comparing the PC benchmarks with the console results, it’s kinda weird for me that the PS5 isn’t native 4K/60 as well. A RTX 2070 can run it at 4K/60 with ultra settings, and the PS5 performance indicates (from previous comparisons) that it’s right there between a RTX 2070 and 2080.

Maybe it’s some sort of oversight or something that will be patched and improved later on, just like Dirt 5 did on Series X. Would have wanted DFs comment/explanation on that performance gap, since they called out Series X underperformance on Dirt 5 and called it a „bug“, but now are just basically saying „well, it’s probably just the stronger hardware on XSX.“

Is there a chart with GPU performance of the game running at 4k/ultra? I would be curious to see it, for comparison sake.

Could the better CPU in the PCs be contributing there?

So ps5 slightly better frame and Xbox slightly better res. I know which I'd choose.

XsX is locked 60 for the vast majority of the game. XsX has higher resolution and better shadows for the entire game.

Because some people would gladly play a game with a bit higher res throughout that drops a few frames, while others wouldn't, etc.

Its great console war ammo. Same with all the previous comparisons. Its fun and DF made an entire business around it. The market is there lol.

Most of us can't even notice the difference between 2160p and 1800p with our eyes, and most of us can't tell when a game is dropping a few frames once or twice.
Bro, I sit like less than 1 meter from my 65inch 4K TV and I couldn't tell you what resolution some games run at on the thing much less at what framerates.
Very few will be able to tell the differences between 1800p and 4K.
At the end of the day its just people wanking themselves silly over numbers from DF.

That said, I did expect PS5/Xbox X to be close in performance to each other in multiplatform games.

But a win is a win. Xbox Series X does it again. Maybe the tools have arrived lol

longdi

Banned
XsX is locked 60 for the vast majority of the game. XsX has higher resolution and better shadows for the entire game.

Yes, massive win for SX.
It renders a constant 44% more pixels and shadows.
fps may float between 50-60fps, which is at worst, a 17% deficit.
The SSD is nearly a tie.
As i was saying, the jump from HDD->SSD is so massive, it overshadows the ps5 ssd numbers vs SX ssd numbers.

Imo ps5 will not hold constant 60fps either, surely there are scenes where fps will dip.
Probably large crowds and explosions, it is hard for DF to catch them all unless they play through 100%.

When SX wins, the power advantage gives it quite a lead, it seems. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Stuart360

To the Playstation fanboys... This is their messiah. They take it that seriously.🤣

If you wanna see evidence of just how dedicated they are... Several are over in the next gen speculation thread... Brainstorming ideas back and forth in the hopes of finding a way to spin this in PS5's favor somehow.

🤣 It's highly entertaining behavior.
To be fair, by their usual standards, they arent being that bad. In fact that thread is very quiet as its usually booming after a comparison like this. I guess a lot of them know which version is better.
Of course they are doing the old tiresome twisting and acting like the XSX version has constant drops, and not almost entirely in one part of one level. And If the devs put the PS5 version to 4k it would probably still run better on PS5, which makes zero sense, or the devs would of already done that.

Ah, I see. Yeah, they are using a Zen 3 5950X CPU, basically the best gaming CPU available right now. I have to imagine that gives the PC equivalent GPUs a bit of an extra boost over the Zen 2 consoles.

You only say this because you're a Switchiiboi

SIR, THIS IS AN ARBY'S. No Nintendo Talk Please. We are here to flex next gen muscles, and next gen muscles alone. Thank You.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ah, I see. Yeah, they are using a Zen 3 5950X CPU, basically the best gaming CPU available right now. I have to imagine that gives the PC equivalent GPUs a bit of an extra boost over the Zen 2 consoles.

SIR, THIS IS AN ARBY'S. No Nintendo Talk Please. We are here to flex next gen muscles, and next gen muscles alone. Thank You.
To be fair, the game is also on the Switch :p

NullZ3r0

Banned
You better not scurry back into your holes then

But don't worry. Microsoft may not have the tools but I do. I've got my trusty shuvel on hand to dig you out :messenger_beaming:
Never was in a hole. From day one I knew how this script would unfold. The way Halo Infinite looked and how MS didn't have any other launch games ready I knew they were late with the system and at least a year behind Sony. The hardware gap will begin to show the further we get along in this generation.

Vtecomega

Banned
I spent $2000 on a 4K TV, $700 on a PS5 (CDN), and my games aren't in 4K?

All because internet nerds complained about perfectly good 30FPS for decades?

I do not give a single FUCK about 60FPS, it is the most overrated (and worthless) feature in gaming history.

Is there a 4K30 option on PS5?

Bro what? I would argue 120fps is overrated but 60fps should be the norm for every game. 60FPS at 1400 or 1800 resolution is what I expected from these consoles. 30fps is a fucking nightmare in comparison to 60fps. Especially in terms of input latency and screen judder.

How's it sad its a simple way to describe the areas sx dropped in that stressed the hardware. Whats there to be better about, its an area to test and compare. Maybe take your own advice and be better.
It's not a stress point of the game. The start of Mendoza drops more frames then sneaking thru those flowers on PC. The Sniper rifle zooming also smoke thing doesn't drop any frames on PC either. Seems more like a bug than an actual fps advantage.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yes, massive win for SX.
It renders a constant 44% more pixels and shadows.
fps may float between 50-60fps, which is at worst, a 17% deficit.
The SSD is nearly a tie.
As i was saying, the jump from HDD->SSD is so massive, it overshadows the ps5 ssd numbers vs SX ssd numbers.

Imo ps5 will not hold constant 60fps either, surely there are scenes where fps will dip.
Probably large crowds and explosions, it is hard for DF to catch them all unless they play through 100%.

When SX wins, the power advantage gives it quite a lead, it seems. 🤷‍♀️
JVJQWvq.jpg

Tommi84

Sony is doomed

/S

That being said,it was obvious that Xbox will start showing the advantage over weaker console. Is it a big difference? Yes. Do I care? As long as the fps are around 60 for both consoles I don't care about the res. I even think that PS5 should drop it to 1440p, but have higher shadows quality.

Would be interesting to see how RT will affectvthe performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom