• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concern

VRR aint helping much with 60-40fps.
ZfQ3oFM.jpg

The level of coping is sad. Not even a discussion, just repeating the same garbage hoping someone takes the bait.

Just for anyone still deciding, I am a bit excited for the Dual Sense implementation. Pulling the trigger is no accident here, and while I'm sure the Xbox controller isnt prone to accidental discharge, it fits this game well. Tossing the coin is neat too. Just wish the resolution could get there, because this game could look clean as heck with that.

Concern

Bud look up immortal fenyx rising comparisons . The ps5 has a next gen our grade obviously but it’s hindered by VR it’s a constant trend in games that have Vr support and next gen upgrades

Go to the comments Xbox is dynamic ps5 is native. You wouldn’t see that on shilling foundry’s channel

In the description by the creator. Nice job embarrassing yourself.
. In quality mode, PS5 and Series X run at 2160p resolution at 30fps and Series S at 1440p. The drawing distance in this mode is somewhat greater and it also increases the range of lighting points as well as some particles. In performance mode, the framerate increases to 60fps. Resolution on PS5 and Series X in this mode is dynamic, between 2160p and 1440p. In some areas, the resolution of PS5 is somewhat higher (1620p) than Series X (1440p). On S Series, the resolution is locked to 1080p. The draw distance is slightly higher in Series X, also, there seems to be some issues with the shadows on PS5 in quality mode.

Bud look up immortal fenyx rising comparisons . The ps5 has a next gen our grade obviously but it’s hindered by VR it’s a constant trend in games that have Vr support and next gen upgrades

Go to the comments Xbox is dynamic ps5 is native. You wouldn’t see that on shilling foundry’s channel

Oh baby...what is you doin'?????

From the very video you just posted: (that channel is garbage, by the way. He hardly ever provides any meaningful data or explanations, that's why I never post a thread for his vids)

uAkSkhi.png

jxOM2pm.png

You either straight up lied or misremembered what you watched here.

Last edited:

driqe

Series S: 2560x1440p/30FPS or 1920x1080p/60fps | 24 GB
Series X: 3840x2160p/30PFS or 1440p~2160p/60fps | 24 GB
PS5: 3840x2160p/30fps or 1440p~2160p/60fps | 21,41 GB

This is literally the pinned comment lol

Edit: Is he ShillistaDeBits now?

Last edited:
No Ray Tracing on Hitman is a letdown

I agree, though it is being added to PC later

Hitman 3 will support ray tracing on PC “later in 2021.” Although RT isn’t available on the release day, developer IO Interactive has stated that it will be added via a free update after the launch of the game.

Wonder if consoles will get a 4k/30/RT mode too?

We've been fine without rt all these years. Its not a big deal. The option would be nice but at least we're getting 4k/60fps and 1800/60fps.

While no RT at launch is a letdown, dude the reflections look really good. I think the game looks pretty gorgeous, been watching my roommate play it on XsX most of today. Good looking game. Impressive level design too.

Can’t we all just get along?! It’s like 13 pages of watching your parents argue!

first time GIF

Have you read any of the other comparison threads? Literally, any of them? This is pretty tame, actually. Were you around in the summer? It was...crazy

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
PS will win some and xbox will win some, don't care about this game so doesn't matter to me which console "won"

but we can all agree that Df are absolute clowns, when it's a clear win for PS they make all the excuses in the world for Xbox, why not do the same when it's a win for xbox? clowns are on ms payroll

M16

few months in and we're at 44% advantage already. wait until the sdk unlocks all the more lower level access, other goodies like VRS, and the rdna2 exclusive features that caused the delay of the sdk and manufacturing.

S0ULZB0URNE

While no RT at launch is a letdown, dude the reflections look really good. I think the game looks pretty gorgeous, been watching my roommate play it on XsX most of today. Good looking game. Impressive level design
60fps is a must.
1440p with RT would be good for these consoles.

retsof624

While no RT at launch is a letdown, dude the reflections look really good. I think the game looks pretty gorgeous, been watching my roommate play it on XsX most of today. Good looking game. Impressive level design too.

first time GIF

Have you read any of the other comparison threads? Literally, any of them? This is pretty tame, actually. Were you around in the summer? It was...crazy
Oh I know how it can get around here. I was just joking

Shittymarimo133

Neo Member
Series S: 2560x1440p/30FPS or 1920x1080p/60fps | 24 GB
Series X: 3840x2160p/30PFS or 1440p~2160p/60fps | 24 GB
PS5: 3840x2160p/30fps or 1440p~2160p/60fps | 21,41 GB

This is literally the pinned comment lol

Edit: Is he ShillistaDeBits now?
Can’t you watch the video or read the actual comments? It’s dynamic

A lot of hurt folk over the past 3 months venting out hoping "this is it".... kinda sad but then again they can't be helped. The long involuntary hibernation for lots of accounts that received the bat signal today is over (until the next one of course). When grasping hard at an statistical irrelevance within a sample on a cross-gen game you know you're desperate. DF of course, fast on the scene unlike on previous games, and with a striking, clear cut, and "unusual" headline relative to previous titles for this new generation. The struggle is alive and well, and the players are well defined, including the outfits providing the "analysis".

As for this game, it's what it's. The shadow quality disparity is highly suspect and talks to the quality of the PS5 port, on a non RT title, that doesn't push this system at all. I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
What exactly is my narrative then wise guy since you are concerned about it? How do I ignore, id gladly add you to the list
I guess you're not familiar with that user.
He was always an Xbox fan and was pretty much mute this whole time until the Series X started getting better performances in face offs. He just now can't help wanking himself silly to it and is showing his true colours.
Put him on ignore. You'll be happy you did or you'll be sifting through many more of his shitposts.

A lot of hurt folk over the past 3 months venting out hoping "this is it".... kinda sad but then again they can't be helped. The long involuntary hibernation for lots of accounts that received the bat signal today is over (until the next one of course). When grasping hard at an statistical irrelevance within a sample on a cross-gen game you know you're desperate. DF of course, fast on the scene unlike on previous games, and with a striking, clear cut, and "unusual" headline relative to previous titles for this new generation. The struggle is alive and well, and the players are well defined, including the outfits providing the "analysis".

As for this game, it's what it's. The shadow quality disparity is highly suspect and talks to the quality of the PS5 port, on a non RT title, that doesn't push this system at all. I'll just leave it at that.
In this thread alone i'm starting to see accounts that i've not seen in ages all of a sudden posting.
I wish they could have been around during the 'down time' time as the forum felt a bit barren and lifeless.
I hope that they stick around for when the days are dark as I'm sure there will be some in future.

If this is true then why are the shadows only at medium on PS5, while they are at high on XsX? Before I upgraded to a 3080, shadows was one of the first settings I looked to tweak if I was struggling to maintain steady FPS in PC games.

I don't see this "headroom" argument for the PS5 version.
That's because you're not a developer. They alone will know what or if there is any headroom in this case.
We don't know what gives the Series X the advantage to have shadows run at high setting compared to PS5. We can all speculate.
But it sure as hell is not just turning down the slider on shadow quality.

Can the fanboyism just stop christ it’s fucking cringey. Both consoles are great - there is a minimal difference between them. They each have strengths in their own way and it’s okay.

Shmunter

A lot of hurt folk over the past 3 months venting out hoping "this is it".... kinda sad but then again they can't be helped. The long involuntary hibernation for lots of accounts that received the bat signal today is over (until the next one of course). When grasping hard at an statistical irrelevance within a sample on a cross-gen game you know you're desperate. DF of course, fast on the scene unlike on previous games, and with a striking, clear cut headline. The struggle is alive and well, and the players are well defined, including the outfits providing the "analysis".

Personally it’s not even a win for Xbox. If the performance was flawless like on PS5 then the rez would be a cherry on top and a clear slam dunk for Xbox. But it’s not, it’s a give and take scenario.

I would be pissed if PS5 dropped frames for the sakes of native 4k, I’d find it lazy and lacking proper consideration and implementation - I’m very consistent on these points.

When you get to such high resolutions with layers upon layers of post processing and anti aliasing, 4k is a foolish endeavour, the processing would best spent elsewhere. E.g on flawless performance.

So here’s my take; if I were an owner of both systems - this would be a buy on PS5 for me. And that’s not even considering the bonus VR ability as a sizeable value proposition.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Can the fanboyism just stop christ it’s fucking cringey. Both consoles are great - there is a minimal difference between them. They each have strengths in their own way and it’s okay.

just telling it as it is.

the last 2 months we seen tons of FUD being spewed by the sony crowd. If i wasnt wiser, i would have got FUDDD to think MS built a disaster of a console hardware.

But we always know SX is king of power, and this is just crow serving and hopefully stops future FUD.

Neo_game

Comparing the PC benchmarks with the console results, it’s kinda weird for me that the PS5 isn’t native 4K/60 as well. A RTX 2070 can run it at 4K/60 with ultra settings, and the PS5 performance indicates (from previous comparisons) that it’s right there between a RTX 2070 and 2080.

Maybe it’s some sort of oversight or something that will be patched and improved later on, just like Dirt 5 did on Series X. Would have wanted DFs comment/explanation on that performance gap, since they called out Series X underperformance on Dirt 5 and called it a „bug“, but now are just basically saying „well, it’s probably just the stronger hardware on XSX.“

I agree this is not a demanding game at all. PS5 and SS performance especially is pathetic.

Redlight

PS will win some and xbox will win some, don't care about this game so doesn't matter to me which console "won"

but we can all agree that Df are absolute clowns, when it's a clear win for PS they make all the excuses in the world for Xbox, why not do the same when it's a win for xbox? clowns are on ms payroll
No, I can't agree with that because it's baseless nonsense.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
If it could've, they wouldn't of used medium shadows for PS5, considering it's a resource hog.

Wonder who's alt this is 😂

Was thinking exactly the same thing. Neo with 6 whole posts comes in spouting a bunch of fanboy BS and reciting the usual suspects agreed upon DF narrative any time there is anything slightly positive for Xbox or negative for the precious.

Topher

Gold Member

the last 2 months we seen tons of FUD being spewed by the sony crowd. If i wasnt wiser, i would have got FUDDD to think MS built a disaster of a console hardware.

But we always know SX is king of power, and this is just crow serving and hopefully stops future FUD.

Or just be realistic and say in this instance XSX has the clear upper hand. Pointing fingers at "crowds" and proclaiming FUD one week might turn into your own not-so-tasty serving of crow the next.

whoopi goldberg shrug GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

this is rich given that you are one of the biggest FUD packers on this board

I still remember when you were claiming the XSX power difference would be one of the biggest of all time and way bigger than the teraflop percentage predicted

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Congratulations, Xbox fans. You finally have a game in which XSX has a lead over PS5.

Now, to more important discussions. I find it amusing that there are no lingering questions, no doubt this time around for DF. They didn't question anything:

- Does the 1800p res on PS5 have to do something with the PS4 Pro version? Are there any remnants of a BC component?
- Is the PSVR version affecting the highest res of the PS5 version? Is such a thing possible?
- Could the medium shadow settings be a 'bug' (as it was in the Dirt 5 version)?
- If it is locked 60, could the PS5 version be scaled up to 2160p and still perform at 60 FPS flawlessly -- except for that Mendoza level?

Absolutely no questions. No contacting the devs this time. I wonder why that is.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Xbox fans. You finally have a game in which XSX has a lead over PS5.

Now, to more important discussions. I find it amusing that there are no lingering questions, no doubt this time around for DF. They didn't question anything:

- Does the 1800p res on PS5 have to do something with the PS4 Pro version? Are there any remnants of a BC component?
- Is the PSVR version affecting the highest res of the PS5 version? Is such a thing possible?
- Could the medium shadow settings be a 'bug' (as it was in the Dirt 5 version)?
- If it is locked 60, could the PS5 version be scaled up to 2160p and still perform at 60 FPS flawlessly -- except for that Mendoza level?

Absolutely no questions. No contacting the devs this time. I wonder why that is.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

Always Sunny Fx GIF

You seem to be getting your takes from Twitter and/or the Spec Thread, as these VR excuses are the hot spin going right now.

Your first two questions don't make sense. A.) Why would PS5 be tied to the Pro version (which doesn't even run at 1800p, does it?) and the XsX version isn't tied to the One X version? PS5 has the updated settings over the last gen version. B.) Would PS4 VR affect the PS5 version of a game? They are totally separate things.

Your third question: Yes, I will give you this. It could be a bug. We have seen this in Dirt 5, Valhalla, etc. NG native versions of games have been a little rocky to start this gen, for sure. Very possible.

Your last question: this is back to the "headroom" argument. Locked 60 at 1800p doesn't mean there is headroom for 4k, it means 1800p is the resolution it needs to run at locked 60. What you're saying is like saying "Well I can run this game at 1440p/60, so I should be able to run it at 1800p/60, and since it runs at 1800p/60, I should be able to run at 4k/60."

It isn't the whole Mendoza level. It is one part of it. Dips/drops happen in even the smoothest of games.

One X 1800p with High Quality graphics at 30fps

Quote from the article, in OP, says One X is 1440/60, which is what would be compared to the 4k/60 mode on XsX

It sure is the first PS5/XSX face off that DF put the result in the headline..

How dare they!

biggest FUD packers

I lol'd. I am stealing this

Last edited:

Stop this mental gymnastics and play the game. Its fantastic on all platforms. Smh

Why you all go full retards in every DF threads? Why its a constant thing here?

WHY NEOGAG WHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom